PDA

View Full Version : Balloon ride

tiggertoo
08-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Am interested in doing the balloon ride at Downtown Disney with my 10 yr old the first night we are there. Just wondering what the lines are like for this?

epceddie
08-13-2009, 04:09 PM
We went on the balloon ride in May at about 1 p.m. and only had to wait behind one group that was in front of us.
It was very hot, but there wasn't a big line and we were allowed to go sit and wait on some benches in the shade.
The ride itself was fantastic. We were up for about 10-15 minutes and the views were incredible.
I got a great photo of the quiet pool at Saratoga (the one on the water across from DTD) and went swimming there about 30 minutes later.

Mackflava99
08-13-2009, 04:32 PM
yes during the day, the lines seem good- after like 4 pm- they get crazy-

i went in june around lunchtime, the line was very light.

Mousemates
08-13-2009, 07:34 PM
good to hear...we're planning on going in december

disneymom2000
08-16-2009, 11:14 AM
OMG where is the line for this ride. I have always wanted to do a balloon ride but when I went to San Fran I wasn't able to talk anyone into joining me. Here I could add myself on to a group - yes?:secret:

spinnerf
08-17-2009, 09:38 AM
The balloon ride is near the Haagan Das S(spelling?) shop on Disneys West side, it was about $16 per person, its tethered and not free floating so its safe, but I was still too afraid of heights to do it. You can see the balloon from all over the property now, and its decorated with all the Disney characters that fly.