PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club--Must Do List

ryels
08-10-2009, 12:52 PM
We are in the process of booking our trip for late January 2010 through Magical Journeys. :cloud9:

For the first time, we will be staying at the Beach Club. We just couldn't pass up the location, being so close to Epcot, DHS & the Boardwalk. Not to mention Stormalong Bay.

My question is for all of you BC veterans, what are the absolute must-do's for the BC newbie? What are the things that you absolutely love to do when you stay there?

Thanks in advance for the responses!

Jeff T
08-10-2009, 03:06 PM
We are Beach Club regulars and think it's one of the best resorts in Disney. The location is great. You are within walking distance of EPCOT, the Boardwalk, and the other adjacent resorts. It's also a short boat ride to Hollywood Studios. The Beach Club itself is known for its great pool - Storm Along Bay, which it shares with the Yacht Club. Definately plan to spend a few hot mornings or afternoons at the pool. Another landmark spot is Beaches and Cream, which is the local ice cream parlor. They also server hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, etc. During or recent trip in July, they also served a quick breakfast. And finally another popular spot is the Cape May Cafe, which offers a character breakfast with Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale. They also offer the best seafood buffect for dinner at Disney.

Enjoy.

ctennis
08-10-2009, 03:22 PM
I recommend taking some time to explore the inside of the resort too. There's a very beautiful solarium, some interesting rooms over in the Villa entrance, and a couple of quiet pools that are really very nice.

WelshieLover
08-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Take some time to visit all the other resorts within walking distance - Swan/Dolphin and Boardwalk. There are so many dining options. We also like to walk over to the Fantasia mini-golf. We still spend some time at the EPCOT resorts even though we now mostly stay at OKW due to the size of our party. Love love love BC/YC - our favorite resort location. The Yacht Club Galley is a nice quiet place to eat. Very relaxing no feeling of being rushed.

Imagineer1981
08-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Well, food is one. Beaches and Cream is amazing, get the kitchen sink, you will not regret it. My family also loves Cape May Cafe for dinner...so good

JERSEYDISFAN
08-10-2009, 06:08 PM
S-H-H-H-H! Don't spread this around. Just between you and me, the YC/BC are the best and most convenient resorts around! We, being seniors, prefer the atmosphere at the YC. Besides the points made by the PP, they have the best access to two of the four parks, EPCOT and DHS . . . a short walk or (my favorite) a cool friendship boat ride away. Oh, did I mention. . . the ease of the International Gateway to EPCOT (no crowds). How about dining? None better. Cape May Cafe, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Captain's Grille, Spoodles (alas, but, soon to be Kouzzina, an exciting new venue), Flying Fish, Il Mulino, Blue Zoo, Schula's and ALL the WS restaurants (not to mention the CS's throughout the area) . . . all within walking distance. Then there's Crescent Lake, boating and fishing. . . just outside your resort's door. At night, how about the s'mores roast on the beach (yes, they have a sand beach) combined with the nightly movies on the beach. I'm sorry, I'm tired just writing about everything there is to do. If this isn't enough, someone else will be along in a bit to add to the list.

cinderellagrl
08-10-2009, 06:23 PM
PERFECT CHOICE! My family and I love the Beach Club and all it has to offer! This is our Must Do list!

1. Spend a day at the pool and a lunch at Beaches and Cream

2. Spend time at the quiet pools, such as the Admirals pools. Usually there are very few guests, and they have a hot tub!

3. Grab the breakfast buffet at Yacht Club Gallery, something for everybody including lots of fresh fruit and mini mickey waffles!

4. walk over to Epcot and catch Illuminations after dinner at Yachtsman's Steakhouse