PDA

View Full Version : DTD to grocery store

jenperich
08-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know how far the Crossroads(I think that's the name) grocery store is from DTD? We're hoping to just bring carry-ons when we come in October and would like to buy some of our toiletries when we get there. I can imagine the regular grocery store will be cheaper than the resort store. Thanks!

ThanxForNoticin
08-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Depending on where you start at DTD, it's going to be approximately 1 mile to Goodlings grocery store - from the Marketplace side of DTD. I'm pretty sure there are sidewalks the whole way that would make it a pretty easy walk.

MistressGracey
08-10-2009, 11:55 AM
IIRC, the Crossroads Plaza (which has a Supermarket-a Goodings, I think) is right across the road from the DTD area.

lindique
08-10-2009, 06:45 PM
You can also buy many items at the Hess Gas Station Market, which is across from the Pleasure Island Downtown Disney bus stop. That's a much shorter walk!

DizneyRox
08-11-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm not sure you'll be saving all that much. That goodings is very close to property and used by tourists. Prices are higher than you might think.

I have found that the on-site prices really aren't that bad, considering the alternatives. With a grocery service, the delivery, etc often add enough to be slightly cheaper, but not by much. Walking to Goodings, considering the time/effort to get there, it might be worth it to either pack them (checked bags) or just buy them at the resort. The time it will take to get there (Disney transport isn't what it used to be) and the effort does have some value.

Imagineer1981
08-11-2009, 11:20 AM
If you have a car, there are plenty of grocery stores off highway 192 that are even cheaper. There is a Publix 2-3 miles from Animal Kingdom

jenperich
08-11-2009, 11:50 AM
No, we will be taking Magical Express. Thanks everyone for your advice. I think we'll just be shopping in the resort store. Thanks again!

momof3+twins
08-19-2009, 03:15 PM
My brother and sister in laws tried this walk on their trip. They said it was much further walking than the drive seemed. They took a cab back. I would just go with the garden grocer.

Disney1977
08-22-2009, 09:30 PM
How about mailing what you want down to your resort?

We mailed a package down to Fort Wilderness the week before we left. My husband has a food allergy so we sent down some snacks. It worked out great.

Flower
08-23-2009, 03:34 PM
We have used Garden Grocer on several occassions and have always had success with them. It has really been useful so we don't have to cart a ton of diapers, etc with us! I also get bottled water & snacks delivered to the room.

Disney4us2
08-25-2009, 11:50 AM
On my next trip to WDW I plan on mailing a few items to the resort. Especially now with the airlines charging for luggage.

I may even ship things back home too. Last time I had to leave a small suit case behind (gave to bell services girl) and bought a large Disney World suitcase. We had a shopping spree that trip:mickey: