PDA

View Full Version : Sassagoula Resort boat ????

KAT1811
08-10-2009, 09:27 AM
My parents and our oldest DD will be joining us part way through our vacation. The first two nights they are in the "World" they are going to have to stay at POR (we are in a studio @ OKW) then we are all moving to a 2 bedroom at OKW and staying together. My question is if they are staying at POR can they take a boat to OKW? I know there is a boat from both resorts to DTD but I didn't know if the boats are one in the same or if each resort has their own boat. Does one boat stop at all the resorts along the Sassagoula river or does each resort have it's own individual boat?

:thanks:

Checkers
08-10-2009, 10:00 AM
:mickey:No. OKW does not share their water taxi with another resort (used to with SS but that has been changed if I am correct). POR and POFQ share theirs. They could always take the water taxi to DTD and then take the OKW one back to OKW to join you. Hve a great time!

#1donaldfan
08-10-2009, 12:13 PM
...not directly.....

...but you can go to DtD and grab a boat to OKW.....that was our plans in June for dinner at Olivia's, however we grabbed a bus at DtD after shopping and traveled that way.....sorta wish we didn't 'cause it took much longer than anticipated......anyway, it was a fun adventure....:mickey:

JPL
08-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Just a warning while the boats are cool and nice alternative to the buses they are not very efficient and often take a long time. I wouldn't count on them for transportation on a regualr basis.

Disney Doll
08-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Not directly, but yes, if they transferred boats at DTD. Honestly though, I think the buses would be faster. A rental car or cab would be even better. The boats are nice for a scenic, relaxing ride, but they are slow.

KAT1811
08-10-2009, 04:58 PM
. A rental car or cab would be even better.

I think a cab will be the way to go for them. Ease of transport is the main objective.

Disoriented
08-14-2009, 12:02 PM
I believe that bell services will transfer their luggage for them if they so desired, which should make the move easier and they could then take whatever mode of transportation they wanted.

Main downside could be that their luggage may not arrive at OKW until late afternoon.

KAT1811
08-14-2009, 03:49 PM
The issue was more with them meeting up with us. I was hoping they could just take a boat to our resort and we could go from there but I think they'll take a cab over. Any idea how far time wise it takes to get from POR to OKW???