PDA

View Full Version : Would It Be Worth It?

Tinkerbella
08-09-2009, 08:27 PM
My fiance and I are headed down to stay with his mother at the end of September and of course we're stopping by the park :mickey: We've talked about buying APs as we cannot believe the hike in prices of admission :humph:

My questions is how soon does an AP pay for itself? I know there are different levels and am wondering if it would even be worth it to buy them... We visit his mother maybe 2-3 times a year. I'm thinking we can get the Southern California APs and use his mother's address since we'll only be down there occassionally. We're both fortunate in that we work 3 nights a week (12 hr shifts) and can have up to 8 days off in a row.

Thoughts?

Magic Smiles
08-10-2009, 10:38 AM
As I don't live here I am taking a guess at this, but it would seem to me that Disney would ask for proof of your address, ID of some sort. I am finding that everywhere in Nevada and California seem to ask for ID.

NotaGeek
08-10-2009, 10:54 AM
My fiance and I are headed down to stay with his mother at the end of September and of course we're stopping by the park :mickey: We've talked about buying APs as we cannot believe the hike in prices of admission :humph:

My questions is how soon does an AP pay for itself? I know there are different levels and am wondering if it would even be worth it to buy them... We visit his mother maybe 2-3 times a year. I'm thinking we can get the Southern California APs and use his mother's address since we'll only be down there occassionally. We're both fortunate in that we work 3 nights a week (12 hr shifts) and can have up to 8 days off in a row.

Thoughts?
I believe that Disney asks for ID showing that you actually live in SoCal to take advantage of the SoCal prices. Playing agains the rules is against the TOS here on INTERCOT -- everyone would love to get the less expensive passes, but rules are rules and if everyone finds a way around playing by them that's incentive for Disney to cancel the program altogether.

If you visit the DLR 3 times and get a 3 day pass each time that's $597 ... a Premium Pass is only $429 so the Premium pays for itself in about 2 visits ... plus you get free parking, no blockout days and LOTS of discounts. Its more out of pocket at once, but ifs worth it because it frees you up to visit the DLR any time you can get away. You can check out the prices in the Resort guide (http://www.intercotwest.com/resortGuide/annualPassports.asp) and compare them to Admission prices (http://www.intercotwest.com/resortGuide/admission.asp) as well.

Melanie
08-10-2009, 11:03 AM
It's not as easy as just providing an address. You must present an ID showing zip codes 90000-93599 in order to qualify for the SoCal AP.

Making three (and probably even two) trips in a year will definitely pay for a deluxe AP ($315 + tax). You will need to plan around any block out days though. A premium (no block out days) is $429 + tax.

There are usually offers online for pre-purchased multi-day tickets though. You may want to do some research to find your best option $$ wise.

Good luck!

ETA: We were posting at the same time, Michael. It just took me longer to post. ;)

robnadina
08-10-2009, 11:57 AM
I would have to agree with previous posters. I upgraded my deluxe pass to a premium this past March and found that it has already paid for itself. We have gone several times. Not only do you have no blackout dates, but you get 15% off dining with the Prem AP. And the free parking makes it worth it as well. I dont know if you stay on property, but the AP rates are not that bad depending on when you go. Example would be at the end of Sept Paradise Peir has a midweek rate of $129 for a standard.
Good Luck

Tinkerbella
08-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the input guys! Sounds like it is definitely worth the price. I can't believe how they really take you for a ride on the cost of admission :shake:

I think we'll probably get the Deluxe APs rather than the Premium. Again, we're both fortunate in that we have the flexibility at work to take off for 8 days at a time! Gotta love/hate working twelves :thumbsup: Although, I personally would LOVE having the Premium...Hmmm perhaps I can sway the DF...