PDA

View Full Version : The Heat and The other Twin Sister

AuntKari
08-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Aunt Kari’s at Disney-The Heat and the Other Twin Sister -Day 4

Nice to hear back from all of you on my third day at Disney. Hello younger twin sister Mindi (it’s Missi’s identical twin folks). I believe I am correct when I quote you saying “my kids wouldn’t like Disney”. What sort of kid doesn’t like Disney??? And now you wish you were here…no wonder God made me the older, WISER sister. Vintage Disney-my mother has a lot of energy and I drink a lot of water. I eat a lot of chocolate and sugar -my own personal batteries. I also think alcohol and heavy meals slow me down so I avoid them for the most past when I want to “keep going and going and going…”
Hi Everybody-Here goes Day 4 of Aunt Kari’s Trip-my last quiet day before all the gang arrives! Hmmmm…what was I thinking???? HA!

Can you say HOT? Can you say HUMID? I’m an American but now live in the mountains of New Zealand and I am not used to this. I knew it would be tough and it’s tough! The hat, the sunscreen, the water, the a/c in the shops, the early mornings…all the tricks all of you and all 20 million Disney books taught me….but…it’s just hot and humid! My sister and her family are from Texas so I believe they will fare better than me. May have to take BethanyMouse’s advice and get a cold Margarita at Mexico before I melt….

Notes:
1. Forgot to mention I enjoyed Monsters, Inc. yesterday at MK. That’s cute! And I just didn’t enjoy Buzz Lightyear-I must be different. I will go on Toy Story Mania because they say it is much better.
2. Did I mention it was hard to breathe from the heat and humidity today???

What did Aunt Kari do today: Up at 4:00 AM to plan. This is my most focused, happy, and productive time of day! I was at DHS for rope drop. Got straight onto Tower of Terror and believe family will love it. Voyage of the Little Mermaid is REALLY good! I have a terrible memory. I came to Disney as a child and Star Tours came back to me-sort of weird. I think the kids will enjoy it! Personally I am enjoying the 3D shows the best. I spent quite a bit of time finding out all the information and plan for the Birthday Fastpass as it is Stacy’s (Daddy’s) birthday when we go to DHS. It will work out great for the family! I also got the good information on trying out for American Idol ( for Daddy). Some days they offer try-outs on the outside of the park before it opens. I am hoping they do this the day we go so we can tick this off the list before opening??? Will let you know. Returned to hotel and finalized everything for the kids. Called Cody at noon for his birthday (Missi had all 4 kids there and put the phone on speaker) and told him I had a present for him at Disney but I just wanted him to get something small and would he go look under his pillow. There was a small wrapped plastic airplane. I told him it was kind of queer but I just wanted him to have a couple things from me and to now go look under his Mama’s pillow (of course the other kids were following him around). He opened the package and it took him a minute to realize it was airplane tickets. THEY ARE FLYING NOT DRIVING 2 DAYS FROM TEXAS!!!! Cody is a pretty calm kid (Missi said he was grinning from ear to ear) but Baby Carly (aka Drama Queen) was hysterically screaming. They were all very excited!!! I bet Shy (the 17 year old) is glad she won’t be in a car with all of them for a million hours! Shy, you owe me! So, they arrive tomorrow. In the afternoon I did some resort hopping. I don’t want to be negative or criticize your favorite resort so I will just say that I was disappointed in a few of them. So my resort hopping day prior to Downtown Disney has been altered some. So far, this has been my only alteration in the planning.

Hotel: Wilderness Lodge-still just fabulous!!! After resort hopping loving it even more! Got some special towel animals today-so wonderful!

Drink: Still walking around with my 1st day’s $2.50 water bottle. Did have a Pina Colada at the Poly and it was WONDERFUL!!!

Food: The fresh fruit was amazing and both the Minestrone and Paella from Old Faithful Club were good!

Shopping: Not as much today. Almost there and then my shopping will really slow down!

Aunt Kari’s Magical Moments: Telling the kids they were flying. Voyage of the Little Mermaid-especially the beginning. Wilderness lodge towel animals and Old Faithful offerings. A wonderful Cast Member from Namibia at Kidani.

Spreading the Magic: Starts when family arrives.

Evaluations: Poly is good. I stay at the Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris. This is their GF. I like it but I was pleased I was at WL after visiting all the resorts today. If resort hopping, use valet parking! Do not believe kids enjoy resort hopping as much as adults???

What did Disney get wrong today: Is there anything wrong at Disney??? HA! Keeping that positive attitude.

What did Aunt Kari get wrong today: Sister Mindi-the other twin-who answered my last post could tell you, Aunt Kari is never wrong…hee-hee…(have we heard Dad say that???)

Happy days at Disney-tomorrow is the BIG day!!!!

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-09-2009, 08:26 AM
What a great way to inform the kids they are flying!! I think you sound as excited as them;)
I love your reports and look for them whe I wake up. 30 days for us, and you are getting me more excited every day!
Glad you picked the right hotel for you. I want to check it out when I am there...I've never seen it yet!
Have fun (I know you are!) Looking forward to more reports:mickey:

T-Belle
08-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Another great report! How wonderful that your family will be flying in. And very generous of you.
I really admire you for riding TOT alone.:notworth: This is the one ride I love to hate and always need other's to coax me on and hold my hand.
Looking forward to your next post!!

VWL Mom
08-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Sounds like you have everything ready for them. We feel the same way about WL, just something about it that makes it "home".

We've never been on Mermaid so I'm going to try it this week. Having a girl with us may give me more power over the boys. If not, I'll go it alone.

I wonder if there is a posting board near American Idol which lists the contestants? I'll have to see if your dad is listed while we are there.

Enjoy!

Vintage Disney
08-09-2009, 02:04 PM
The Wilderness Lodge is our #1 Disney home. The Polynesian is our #2 home. Both of these resorts have a laid back peaceful feel. Glad you are having a good time.:mickey:

Rekenna
08-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm sooooo happy for you. It sounds like you are having a blast! I love people who know how to enjoy themselves and spread the cheer.

Have fun with your family-can't wait to read your next report.:mickey:

faline
08-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Another very fun day! What a great aunt! Your family isn't even there yet and you're already providing magical surprises!

On a side note, I would love, love, love to visit New Zealand some day!

Mindi Sanders
08-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Hot & Humid! I don't want to hear any complaining-:blush:! Hot & Humid is the story of my life here in Houston!
So glad to hear that you had a great last day before the Perkins gang arrived! I hoped today proved to be everything you had hoped for and more!
Can't wait to hear all about what you did and what" Coley-bob" thinks. Were you even able to pull him away from the Cars Cars room? What does princess Carly think? How many words have you actually gotten in since her arrival - do you believe us now when we say you have met your match??
How is my better half? Is she already thinking all of her hard work and efforts to make this trip happen are FINALLY paying off?
How many free items has uncle Stacy already found as he walks the DW streets?:)
Can't wait to hear more reports! Love to you all!

nicster
08-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Love the details in your reports. I am curious though, what is your criteria for liking/disliking a resort. I am not asking for your list of 'don't like' resorts, just wondering how you are evaluating them. I have been wanting to check out the deluxe & really don't know what to look for. Any feedback would be appreciated. Enjoy your family!:mickey:

vizsla
08-10-2009, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the report.

BPATSMouse
08-10-2009, 07:23 AM
I am loving your reports. You have to be funnier in person :haha: keep'em coming.

yjgirl32
08-10-2009, 08:06 AM
I love reading your reports- they are original and very funny. Thanks for sharing- can't wait to read more.

DizNee143
08-10-2009, 10:37 AM
another great day!!!
cant wait tomorrow..or more like today the family arrives!! cant wait to hear (ok read..lol) about how there arrival went..cant wait to read more!!!!!! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
08-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Pina Coladas at the Poly!! Doesnt get much better does it??!!:marg::mickey:

pdrlkr
08-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: