PDA

View Full Version : They cancelled the wrong ADRs!!

TikiGoddess
08-08-2009, 05:49 PM
My travel agent made ADRs for us at the 90 day mark, back in May. Two weeks ago she doublechecked all of our reservations and cancelled two that we didn't need -- one at Cali Grill (I found a better time online) and one at Sci-Fi that didn't fit into our plans.

So I received our paperwork from our travel agent this week with the list of ADRs. I went online to check all of them and all but two came up. I called WDW Dining and they couldn't find those two reservations --- one for BBB and one for Tusker House. Nothing under our name at those times.

I contacted my travel agent who researched it and told me that WDW Dining had cancelled the WRONG RESERVATIONS. Instead of the Cali Grill and Sci-Fi ones, they cancelled the all-important Boutique ADR (scheduled perfectly in the castle before our CRT lunch!) and our before park opening Tusker House breakfast. Tusker House is not such a big deal but BBB is something we've known we would do with the girls from DAY ONE of planning.

Now it's been 3 days and my travel agent is still working with WDW Dining to see what can be done. She told me they were pulling tapes to see what had happened and working with no less than 5 CMs. We are staying Concierge -- not sure if they might be able to do something if the original reservations cannot be restored...

I'm still waiting to find out what's going on. We arrive at WDW on Monday and the BBB was scheduled for Thursday. I'll update as we see what Disney does to solve this problem.

Kathy

Seasonscraps
08-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I hope you get it resolved -- I would definitely contact your Concierge CM - tell them what happened and see if they can help grease the wheels.

Good luck!

TikiGoddess
08-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Update

Finally got to talk to my travel agent on the phone. She said that in her 10 yrs of dealing with Disney this has NEVER happened to her. These are reservations she made through the phone -- of course with the new online system you might expect bugs -- but no, this was human error.

So even though Disney is reviewing tapes of the call, that might take who knows how long. So we have to look at our options.

When my TA called Disney about options, one agent suggested the new Pirate League! Fun, but before lunch at CRT??? Yeah, right.

Option 1: a possible 9:30am adr at the DTD location (for BBB) -- but that's only for 2, meaning my niece would not be able to join us. Plus it makes no sense for us to go to DTD that morning (EMH at MK).

Option 2: talk to the Concierge when we check in on Monday. They might have some pull.

Option 3: forget about doing BBB and just take the girls to Tinkerbell's Treasures. They can pick out some accessories... we'll do makeup and hair at the hotel... and they'll be fine. We've never been to BBB, so they don't know what they're missing. Plus I've heard it takes days to wash out the hair stuff...

Rescheduling Tusker House will be really hard. It's on the 2nd day of free dining. We do have a 9:30am reservation but one of the reasons we picked the breakfast was that we got to go into the park before opening... so we might just give that one up and do it another year.

Kathy

momef3grls
08-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Kathy, please pm me with they day you want tusker house I may be able to help.

JPL
08-08-2009, 11:57 PM
I would definately stay on top of this until you leave and make sure Disney gets it right. I'm sure they can squeeze you in at Tusker House near your original time and as for BBB they can also do the samething.

TheRustyScupper
08-09-2009, 07:05 AM
1) The hotel concierge might help, if you find one with an override.
. . . resort concierge usually don't have enough pull
. . . IPO concierge people usually don't have enough pull
. . . Club Floor concierge don't have enough pull
. . . override codes is the only was to get in
2) The ADR override allows double/triple/etc bookings for restaurant ADR's.
3) Unfortunately, there might be little that can be done for BBB.
4) They get so booked, that overrides usually are not allowed.
5) With BBB, it just backs everything up terribly when extra ADR's are added.

TikiGoddess
08-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Another update:

I talked to my girls last night and they're not heartbroken about not going to BBB. I did mention the Pirate's League and strangely enough they were both interested!! As the BBB was part of our prize, maybe we'll tell the TA that we'll make them into pirates instead of princesses... on a day we're not going to the castle...

Kathy

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-09-2009, 10:26 AM
I was so upset when I started reading this thread. I have 2 daughters and know how much they can look forward to things sometimes. I am glad your daughters aren't too upset about BBB. If they do the Pirate makeover, think how much they will stick out at CRT in the sea of Princesses! How fun for them! Hope something works out for you for Tusker House!

mouseketeer mom
08-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi Kathy,
My heart went out to you when I read your post. The best laid plans, right? We just got back from our 9 day stay last night at the Poly club level. Just heavenly. I had to write to say though..all of the painstaking plans I made..honestly..they meant more to me then to my family. All of them are more then happy to roll with things..and if things didn't flow or work out like I wished and planned for., I was the only one that was upset. I smiled when I read your girls reactions to BBB, because they would be just as happy with some of the other options listed. Thats how my kids are too. I think things are sooo important, but they view things differently. They would be excited to go to Tinkerbells treasures and have a shopping spree for girly accessories then the lunch after getting made up in the room. Sometimes I have to remember to flow like my family does. Just because things mean so much to me, doesn't mean it has the same power or pull for them.
On a side note, Some of the Pirate League kids we saw were incredibly adorable. Unique and really cool. Can they do that, then the pirate cruise from the Grand Floridian instead? That might be fun..Also..I know you'll find you love breakfast in the lounge. For us, it simplifies things incredibly, and we only book one breakfast out during our trip.(Kona's) It is wonderful to walk upstairs, have our breakfast and start our day early. You can't beat the lounge when you have a family to get ready and feed in the am.
I hope things work out just the way you wish them to..but also know that no matter where you eat, and what ADR's you have, it will be magical and terrific.
Lisa

TikiGoddess
08-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Lisa, thanks for reminding me that I need to go with the flow! So glad to hear that your trip went well, btw!! I try to remember that all the plans I made are subject to change once vacation starts. This just happens to be the first change... and perhaps it will work out for the better! The girls really are more interested in being pirates, so what we'll probably do is speak to concierge and see if they can book Pirate makeovers sometime later in the week. As for CRT, we'll just have them wear their princess dresses that we brought with us -- that will be a treat in itself!

I'm not sure what will happen with Tusker House... but seeing that we have 2 other character breakfasts planned, it's not such a big loss.

Kathy

RockinRollerMom
08-09-2009, 03:41 PM
My heart went out to you reading this post. I think all of us super planners can totally feel your pain. It's amazing how adaptable kids are!!

Just a suggestion... If your kids want to do the pirate's league I would call ASAP to get a ressie. I called on my 90 day out to make my ressie and had to change the time a little. I was surprised and the CM that made my ressie said that the pirate's league is already extremely popular and ressies are filling up fast. It could be that I was booking my ressie for a MNSSHP night, but I wouldn't want you not to be able to get in.

Good luck and let us know how it all works out for you.

mouseketeer mom
08-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Also Kathy, since we are just home, and you are just leaving, I'm guessing the crowds will be about the same for you. We found that getting to the park any later then 10am made for a hectic day with lots of waits. Getting there at opening or shortly thereafter, made for a much better day. We were able to ride anything we wanted with minimal waits. Waits eeked up very quickly. For example, heading to Fantasyland at 9:30 meant a 10 minute wait for Peter Pan. An hour later the waits were already at 40 mins. Same for all the other popular rides. The waits seemed to rise up every 15 mins or so in the morning!! So, don't be that upset over the Tusker breakfast, especially since you have 2 other character breakfasts booked. We were able to tackle the parks, fitting in alot and having minimal waits by arriving early. The heat was brutal. Just brutal. Afternoons for us were spent at the Polynesian. Waiting in lines in that heat was unbearable. And walking thru the heat with the afternoon crowds was brutal at times as well. It didn't take an ounce of pleasure away from our trip, but just be aware of those things and you will do fine!!

TikiGoddess
08-20-2009, 07:12 PM
So we're back and finally found out what happened. There was a 'Kathy Adam' who cancelled her trip -- WL reservation and all her ADRs. The Disney Reservationist cancelled two of our ADRs (I'm Kathy AdamS) and didn't notice that the names were different.

It all worked out okay. We took the kids to the Pirate's League, which was SO much fun. And the Tusker House breakfast would have been fun but we'll just save it for next trip!

Kathy