PDA

View Full Version : 52 Year Old and International Program?

divinedi
08-08-2009, 11:11 AM
For anyone that's been in the program, and anyone else for that matter, what are your thoughts on a 52 year old being in the International Program? I've recently been laid off, and my dream job would be at Disney:cloud9:, but I'm Canadian and with the economy and jobs scarce for those of you that live in the US(here too by the way!) the only way I think I could possibly work there is through the IP, but would a 52 year old stand out like a sore thumb? Would they even hire me at my age? And then there's the living arrangements....I love my young adult children,(all girls, 19, 21 and 23, two still living at home) and most of their friends, but I wouldn't want to bunk in the same room as them for a whole year:(, 7-10 days for vacation is plenty and very doable!

Any thoughts from anyone?

DVC2004
08-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Hmm, I am not sure re: age limits if there are any. It may be more like the College Program; they put you up in nearby apartments but I believe you do have a roommate or 2. You may not be able to bring your daughters. Disney takes your portion of the rent directly from your paycheck. They also provide transportation like a shuttle bus to and from your apartment from work. They won't provide you with a rental car.

It sounds like you are looking for a temporary experience? Otherwise I would say you may want to check into part time or full time employment opportunities.

DVC2004
08-08-2009, 12:03 PM
http://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/

Try that link. It may have more info for you.

joanna71985
08-12-2009, 11:04 PM
If you are worried about the age factor, I know many older adults who have done the programs at WDW. In fact, I know someone who did the Spring 2009 CP, and she has 4 daughters (including 2 who work at WDW themselves). I wouldn't worry about age, if you want to do the program.

divinedi
08-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks Joanna71985, that certainly helps! I'm such a chicken though, I'm at that point that I really could use a major change to get me out of this rut, and although I think I would love working at Disney for a year, it would be such a major change, and as mentioned before, I'm :scared:. There are so many variables, and obstacles, none insurmountable but scarey all the same :blush:.

I'll have to think on it some more!

Thanks DVC2004, I've checked out the website, it doesn't really say anything about age, just all the pics are of young people.........lol

DVC2004
08-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks Joanna71985, that certainly helps! I'm such a chicken though, I'm at that point that I really could use a major change to get me out of this rut, and although I think I would love working at Disney for a year, it would be such a major change, and as mentioned before, I'm :scared:. There are so many variables, and obstacles, none insurmountable but scarey all the same :blush:.

I'll have to think on it some more!

Thanks DVC2004, I've checked out the website, it doesn't really say anything about age, just all the pics are of young people.........lol

Why don't you give them call? Perhaps they can give you more insight! Good luck!:thumbsup: