PDA

View Full Version : How many people in the rooms in POR?

azcavalier
08-08-2009, 09:14 AM
I know that in Alligator Bayou some rooms have trundles that pull out to accomodate a child. However, what I want to know is can a family of six stay in one of these rooms if the fourth child is under three? In most cases, they list rooms as "Rooms sleep four (plus one child under three in a crib)." In Alligator Bayou, is it "Rooms sleep five with trundle(plus one child under three in a crib)"

I know it would be tight (and I certainly wouldn't want to do it), but my Sis-in-law's family is thinking of going down next year, and that's their situation.

poohbearkris
08-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Call us insane - but that is what we are going to do at POR next month. This is our situation. 3 adults - my mom, sister and I, my DS 5 & 2, and DN 1. I believe they do not count anybody under 3 as a person but I am not 100% sure. My sister made the reservations. Initially it was just going to be my mom and sister and nephew going ( I usually go, but due to financial reasons was going to stay back), but they really wanted me to go and figured this option out. I think once you have 6 and everybody is over 3, you would need to get 2 rooms or some type of suite - not sure though. My other sister has 6 in her family and they always get 2 rooms.

Anyway, none of us are big people so I am sure we will make it work, as well as being flexible and tolerant. Just a point to remember - they are only double beds in the moderate resorts, they do not offer queens until you get to the deluxe level. So if you have crazy sleepers or a bed hog, this may be difficult. When I went with DH last year - we each slept with one child as DH is bigger and takes up most of the double bed.

KatrinaJ91
08-08-2009, 12:36 PM
I love POR, but actually CSR offers queen beds instead of doubles. BUT I don't believe they have trundles, soooo it's really a decision of do you need the 3rd bed more or more room on the 2 beds?

redleg96
08-08-2009, 07:49 PM
My best advice would be to just call Disney and ask. We stayed at POR last year as a family of five (two adults/3 children) and it was a very tight fit. When the trundle bunk is pulled out there is very little floor space left for a crib. The crib would most likely be in the sink/mirror area of the bathroom. These are really not very spacious rooms, but that's why it's a moderate. You really need to know if the fire code would allow a crib in the room, on top of using the trundle. We were told that Disney takes room capacity very seriously, so always best to ask so you don't have any surprises at check in. :mickey:

azcavalier
08-09-2009, 07:48 AM
We've stayed at POR before, and we have three kids. It's not too bad. We just don't happen to spend a lot of time at the room, so space isn't a big deal for us. We love POR because it does sleep five, among other things. And by the time the youngest is too big for the trundle beds, the oldest will be off at college, and so we will be back down to four...so more choices for resorts!

4boysmom
08-09-2009, 09:48 AM
We stayed at POR with six people. Me, DH, DS 16, 13, 10 and 2. Two oldest sons had bed and younger son had trundle bed. We moved the bench that is next to the tv into the sink area and put the crib for the baby there. Worked out well for us since we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. The bench helped in the sink area because it was somewhere to put your things instead of on the floor.

TammiMcMan
08-10-2009, 05:27 PM
I believe they do not count anybody under 3 as a person but I am not 100% sure.The first child in the group under 3 is not counted towards the room occupancy, so yes, the OP's party could book a POR trundle bed room.