PDA

View Full Version : In Room Safe ?

PixieMagic
08-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Just wondering...we ALWAYS use our in-room safe @ the Poly....but when talking about our upcoming trip I realized...I don't even know if they have them @ Pop!!! Does anyone know if the Preferred rooms @ Pop have an in-room safe????
Thanks in advance!:mickey:

hel5165
08-08-2009, 05:56 AM
they do have safes at Pop

CleveRocks
08-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Does anyone know if the Preferred rooms @ Pop have an in-room safe????
Thanks in advance!:mickey:
I know this isn't what you were asking, but I figured it would be good for you to know, anyway. At the Value resorts and at Caribbean Beach Resort, a "preferred" room means that the room is closer to the food court and shops and main pool. There are NO OTHER DIFFERENCES. A preferred room doesn't have better or different amenities than a standard room.

To illustrate this point ... if you closed the window curtain and closed the door, you could place the resort General Manager inside a room and there would be no way for him/her to know if it was a preferred room or a standard room.

Just thought it might be good info to have .... :mickey:

CleveRocks
08-08-2009, 07:32 AM
I think another good question to ask is the SIZE of the room safe at Pop.

I recently stayed at Polynesian and the room safe was a nice size ... a small-ish laptop could fit inside (mine couldn't). But at Caribbean Beach Resort and Port Orleans French Quarter (the other 2 places I've stayed), the safe was a small wall safe that could fit only things like airline tickets, a wallet, keys, that sort of thing.

Ksmith75
08-08-2009, 07:37 AM
we have stayed at pop and por - the inroom safres were the same size..... way to small for a laptop - but fit our cell phones, wallets, camera and ipods...

Belster
08-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Yes, the Pop safes are small...but good news is they are FREE!!!

I believe that all the safes are free on WDW property...

We can fit airlines tickets our cash envelope that we bring with us and any jewelry that I may have.

PixieMagic
08-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Rock On! Now that makes me happy (though I will have to let me dad know about the lap top thing)....I was planning to use it for tickets and cash...maybe my video camera when I am not using it...:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
08-08-2009, 02:46 PM
1) All WDW resort rooms have safes.
2) For really valuable stuff, we use the resort's safety deposit box.
3) You can access it 24/7 as often as you wish during your stay.
4) The Front Desk can give you the free use of a small or large box.
. . . passports
. . . credit cards (we keep only one out)
. . . big cash (we keep a little, and put the bulk i the box)
. . . most laptop computers (in large boxes)
. . . expensive jewelry
. . . kids, if they misbehave
. . . mothers-in-law, misbehaving or not

PixieMagic
08-08-2009, 02:53 PM
. . . passports
. . . expensive jewelry

Too funny! MIL's and Kids.....ahhh if I only I could lock away my stepMIL :thedolls: Oops! Did I just say that??? :secret:

iluvdumbo
08-08-2009, 03:31 PM
We have used the safes in POP, CBR, and POR. They are small, but you can still fit small things like I fit my Nintendo DS and my iPod nano easily along with my aunt's GPS and our wallets. They fit a lot of small stuff if you don't put overstuffed things in it.

lindique
08-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Although some of the older safes are small (like at Port Orleans), Netbooks will fit just fine.

Live4WDW
08-09-2009, 11:22 AM
:D
. . . passports
. . . expensive jewelry
:D:D Have to agree on the mother-in-law idea!! I wonder if they have a home version I can use when she visits.:D Am glad that they have the sfes for the guest to use I'll be in need of one come Aug 21:mickey:

mini
08-09-2009, 12:10 PM
We were able to fit our small laptop into the safe at POP.

renecat
08-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Just letting you know you are not the only one that can get in the safe. Had three credit cards taken last Dec. out of our safe at th GF. The person that took them used them only one day and then put them back. I didn't even know they where gone until I got home from my trip.:mad: