PDA

View Full Version : Pop ?

Winniehoney
08-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Can anyone tell me if the refridgerators at Pop have a small freezer section in them?

Hair_Razor
08-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Just so you know and you may already. The POP resort doesn't come with refrigerators unless you request them, usually for medical reasons ie: insulin. Like I said you may already know that. I do not know however if they have the freezer section, I'm sure you could just call and ask though. They may have different ones.

iluvdumbo
08-07-2009, 11:02 PM
When we were there in 2004 they didn't have fridges and I don't plan this year that they will either. They have ice boxes if I remember correctly though if you needed to keep something little cold.

ransam
08-08-2009, 01:20 PM
if you need a refrigerator, how much does it cost a night?

Hair_Razor
08-08-2009, 02:12 PM
$10 a day, Check here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/popcentury/default.asp)for more info...

Nascfan
08-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Yes, they do have a small freezer section, probably big enough for a couple water bottles laying down. These are very similar to dorm type fridges that you see advertised around this time of year for back to school.

FYI, you do not need a medical condition to get one, but you do need to rent one if you don't have a condition for medicine. It's best to let reservations know before arriving that you will be renting one, that way they can be prepared.

LandFan
08-09-2009, 02:35 PM
They only have a certain number of fridges though and they can run out of them so even if you request one and want to pay for it (yes they are $10 per night) they may be out of them when you are there. We were supposed to have one for medical reasons one trip and they forgot to give us one and I called down for it and they said they were out of them at the moment... One did come up the next morning but it surprised me a bit.

FYI, the regular ones you can rent are like the small square dorm-size ones with that tiny little rectangular freezer area.

The medical ones that are built in the rooms (if you get a room with one built in) are about half the size of the dorm-size ones (they are half as deep - maybe 8 inches deep) and I don't remember them having a freezer area at all. They are just deep enough to hold one of those tall/skinny quarts of milk (or a small/burger sized leftover food container) but are a regular dorm-size fridge in width and height.

Daisy712
08-09-2009, 07:08 PM
We were at Pop in June and stayed in a room with a king bed. It had a handicapped bathroom. There was a refridgerator in the room. We figured because it was a handicapped room. We had not requested it or paid for it. It was just there. Have a great time. We love Pop.

Beach Club Babe
08-11-2009, 03:11 PM
We just came back from Pop yesterday. We requested a fridge and got one. They asked if I had a credit card on file and I said yes. They didn't say what the charge would be, but I expected the $10, when the bill came I was not charged at all. It did not have a freezer section.

sbnewbride
08-15-2009, 11:58 AM
We had the same experience as Daisy712. For our honeymoon we requested a room with a King size bed. I think the only rooms with this size bed are automatically the handicap accessible rooms (not positive about that though). We didn't request the refrigerator and weren't charged for it. We actually didn't even know it was there until about the third day b/c it was behind a cabinet. Not sure if this is always the case but it's what happened to us!