PDA

View Full Version : walk in

sorcerer fan
08-07-2009, 05:01 PM
we've got the new DDP for Dec. for myself and DW. I was just wondering with all the free dining, if it was possible to just walk in to eat at some of the resturants, like whispering canyon , LTT, and the resturants in the studios. I will probably make my ddr's, but if i didnt have to it would be a lot nicer to eat when the mood hit us instead of trying to make the special reservation time. we'll be there the 6th thru the 15th. Thanks

omearac
08-07-2009, 06:05 PM
You can take a chance, but you may end up eating a lot of counter service. It can be frustrating to get turned away from a couple of restaurants and waste that time, plus, if you can't use your credits by the last day of your trip you will lose them. Just a thought.

faline
08-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Unless whim strikes you at off hours, it might be difficult to get walk up service - particularly at peak times. You can be successful with walk-up but even that needs to be planned. I've found I've been most successful if I arrive right when the restaurant opens. You can also often book same day reservations if you're flexible and stop at guest relations in the morning to see what is available and at what times. When you do this, though, you still need to commit to dining at a particular time during the day.

Personally, I'd make dining reservations - particularly during free dining when the most popular restaurants can be particularly difficult to get into.

Strmchsr
08-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Basically...no. Even before the "free" dining promotion was announced December has gotten a lot more popular and the crowd favorites like you mention book up pretty quick. There are some restaurants you can get day of (check at Epcot's Guest Services and they have a list of restaurants with openings that day) but you might not have much choice.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Making ADR's at Disney is really a "required" part of the trip.

Without reservations you risk not being able to get into places at all (and I've heard more people complain about this while at the park than I care to remember) or at the very least have to eat at off times or less popular places.

I would make the reservations, you can always cancel or try and change them if you want, but at least you know you've got them.

Seasonscraps
08-07-2009, 11:26 PM
During free dining, I would make ADRs. You can always change them later but it would stink to get there and end up eating places you dont want to.

sorcerer fan
08-08-2009, 08:55 AM
I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part, to not need restervations. I will try to get the ones I want on my 90 days out. thanks all:thumbsup:

KAT1811
08-08-2009, 03:02 PM
For the restaurants you listed not a chance. Even before they announced "free dining". LLT is favored my MANY. Whispering Canyon is very popular also, and the Studios is very popular as well.