PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs Info

buddytd1
08-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey... We will be staying in a Saratoga Springs Villa in Sept..and no we werent upgraded it was a gift.. I was wondering if any one could give me any info on it.. Did you like it? Was it too big? Hows the pool so on and so on... I have been reading mixed reviews.. Any help would be great.. Thanks

epceddie
08-07-2009, 02:34 AM
My wife and I honeymooned in a 1BR at Saratoga, and we loved it. To be sure, it's a big resort, but we always use a rental car and that makes getting around a snap.
We had a water view of Downtown Disney in Congress Park. We could see the Cirque du Soleil tent sitting on the bed.
My wife really enjoyed the jacuzzi in the room and we enjoyed the food and using our resort mugs at Artists Palette, which is quick service.
We are not big fans of the main pool, which I believe is only four feet deep. It's always been very crowded when we've been there. We much prefer the quiet pool in Congress Park. It's on the water across from Downtown Disney and it's never that crowded.
I can't speak for how well the bus system works, but they're never in short supply.
We're DVC members at Old Key West, which we love, but our stays at Saratoga have always been very pleasant.
Be sure to take advantage of the boat rides to Downtown Disney and OKW, The ride to and from OKW goes right by the new Treehouse Villas.
Hope this helps. Have a great trip!

epceddie
08-07-2009, 02:35 AM
I just noticed this is your first post. Welcome to Intercot. The information that's shared here is amazing!

Mousemates
08-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Be sure to take advantage of the boat rides to Downtown Disney and OKW, The ride to and from OKW goes right by the new Treehouse Villas.

:ditto: on the boat ride and :welcome: to Intercot

threeh
08-07-2009, 01:25 PM
We stayed in a 2br last trip in congress park (nearest to DTD) and I really really liked SSR. The resort is beautiful, we had a cool view of DTD and I really enjoyed walking there at night. The pool looks amazing and the bus services was very good.
Have a great trip!!!!!:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-07-2009, 02:01 PM
We are DVC owners at SSR. We have stayed there a few times and have loved it. The thing I love about it is that even though you are still on Disney property, it's not "in your face" Disney and gives you time to get away from the Disney"ness" of WDW. It feels more "upscale" to us than some of the other comparible resorts. We have always gone off peak and in September, we were virtually the only ones at the main pool when we have gone. We had a 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, studio and now in October, a Treehouse villa. We like saying in the Springs because it is very close to the Carriage House where the main pool, mug refill station, store/restaruant and bus stop is. We have also stayed in the Paddock. But, preferred the convenience of the Springs more. The buses were abundant and we only had to stand in the bus once. Most often, the bus had less than a dozen or so people on it. We love it and unless we get into the AKV or Contemporary Villas, we'll probably always stay at SSR. It really is Home to us.

buddytd1
08-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Thank you guys for the info.. I cant wait till we go...:mickey: