PDA

View Full Version : Driving Time from Airports

Dakota Rose
08-06-2009, 08:53 PM
It's been several years since we lived in CA and several years since we flew to DLR. We used to just drive on down from the Bay. So now that I'm a country bumpkin, I need some help.

From where we live, we can either drive 3 hours to the bigger airport and fly into LAX or we can fly out of our local airport into Las Vegas.

My questions:

- how long does it honestly take to go from Las Vegas to a hotel on Harbor Blvd on a Sunday afternoon and then back again on a Saturday night?

-how long does it take to go from LAX to hotel on Harbor on Saturday afternoon and then back again VERY early on Saturday morning?

I would so prefer to fly into SNA but then we'd have to fly United and that adds $370 per ticket and a stop in Denver!

NotaGeek
08-07-2009, 12:23 AM
It's been several years since we lived in CA and several years since we flew to DLR. We used to just drive on down from the Bay. So now that I'm a country bumpkin, I need some help.

From where we live, we can either drive 3 hours to the bigger airport and fly into LAX or we can fly out of our local airport into Las Vegas.

My questions:

- how long does it honestly take to go from Las Vegas to a hotel on Harbor Blvd on a Sunday afternoon and then back again on a Saturday night?

-how long does it take to go from LAX to hotel on Harbor on Saturday afternoon and then back again VERY early on Saturday morning?

I would so prefer to fly into SNA but then we'd have to fly United and that adds $370 per ticket and a stop in Denver!

LAX to Harbor Drive with no traffic is 45 minutes at the most. I have done it in about 30 with no traffic, but I drive with the flow so to speak. :drive:

Las Vegas to the Disneyland area is not less than 4-5 hours. For the cost of gas and the headache of driving it would probably be easier to hop on a Southwest flight from Vegas. They have $39 one way specials all the time in that market.

The real problem is that there is absolutely no way to know what LA traffic is going to be like. I have had stop and go traffic at 3am, so don't count on "no traffic" ... go with LAX. :)

Mater
08-07-2009, 12:41 AM
I've done the drive from Las Vegas to Harbor Blvd many times. In good traffic, it's about 4 hours. However, driving from Las Vegas to So Cal on a Sunday afternoon/evening can be an adventure. It seems that many people will spend the weekend in Vegas then drive back to So Cal on Sunday afternoon. It's taken me as long as 7 hours to drive it on a Sunday. It's simply the luck of the draw on what you'll see traffic-wise.

The drive back to Vegas should be about 4 hours.

Dakota Rose
08-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks. :)

Up here, if there's a tractor in front of me, I call that traffic.