PDA

View Full Version : empty house and me

Katzateer
08-06-2009, 07:50 PM
the movers took all of our stuff to PA yesterday. Now just me and the dogs and the bunny are left in the house to move.

Still no buyer for our house and no one has looked in the last week.

has anyone left their house to move to a different state without it being sold? I don't know if I can leave. I will have to find someone to cut grass, etc.

So far I have painted some rooms and cleaned some carpets. It will take a week or so to get the cleaning done and I am going to have a yard sale next weekend. after that I don't have any reason to stay except to keep the house from sitting empty.

I am feeling really blue-at least the sun was out today. We had good weather Monday when our stuff was boxed up, it poured rain Tuesday (and the movers weren't here that day since they got everything packed Mon.), Wednesday the weather was ok - cloudy but no rain so that was good for packing. It took them 7 hours to load everything.

So at least so far we have been lucky with the move-hope it doesn't rain Monday when everything is being unloaded.

faline
08-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Hope things get settled for you soon and a perfect buyer finds your house!

ElenitaB
08-06-2009, 07:55 PM
:pixie: that someone comes along and buys the house!

RedSoxFan
08-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Yes, we left our house unsold in VA when we moved to NY. It sold 5 months later. We did hire a lawn service to come in every other weekend. And the realtor made sure everything was OK. We did have friends bury a St. Josephs statue in the front yard --- the house sold a month later. It is now sitting on DH's nightstand. Good luck with the move and the sale of your house.