PDA

View Full Version : Pop Warner

redleg96
08-06-2009, 04:18 PM
We just found out that our next trip to WDW (6-16 DEC) is during Pop Warner Football. What impact does this have on park crowds, resorts (we'll be at the Polly) and other activities. Will they primarily be at the sports complex at WDW or how does it work? Thanks:mickey:

sassy2000
08-06-2009, 04:41 PM
We were there last yr during Pop Warner and saw little impact in the parks. The resorts are a different story. Last year the groups were mostly at the values with overflow at POR. I don't think you'll have many groups staying at the Poly so you should be ok. The biggest impact is probably felt at the pools and resort food courts.

AllDisney
08-06-2009, 05:00 PM
We have been during Pop Warner and there was no impact, as far as we could tell at the parks. We saw a small group (6 kids + 2 adults ) @ AK one afternoon. One day @ MK ran into another small group and they were all well mannered.

We are going this year during Pop Warner & don't expect a problem at all.

diz_girl
08-07-2009, 11:39 AM
This past December we were there the week before Pop Warner. We were at EPCOT the Friday night before the tournament started and there seemed to be a lot of Pop Warner kids there at that time. Lots of cheering. They weren't noticeable during the day. It was EMH that night, but I didn't stay, so I can't say how it was then.

Rekenna
08-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Sorry but, what is Pop Warner?:confused:

Strmchsr
08-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Sorry but, what is Pop Warner?:confused:

It's the children's football league. It's a national organization and they hold their "super bowl" at WDW the first week of December. This means that the value resorts are packed full of 5-16 yr old football players, cheerleaders, and their parents. Some groups are polite and very respectful. Others not so much. Unfortunately it's the obnoxious ones that get the attention and make being around this week not so much fun at the resorts. Not as much impact at the parks.

A Mouse Fan
08-07-2009, 03:11 PM
We are thinking of going in December...what are the dates for Pop Warner this year? I will try to avoid them if at all possible.

Strmchsr
08-07-2009, 06:39 PM
We are thinking of going in December...what are the dates for Pop Warner this year? I will try to avoid them if at all possible.

December 7-12 and you can count on some teams arriving a day or two early.

faline
08-07-2009, 06:41 PM
If you're staying at the Poly, you'll barely notice the Pop Warner kids. The largest impact is on the resorts where the kids stay. There's very little impact on the parks.

iwassak
08-08-2009, 06:50 PM
we went in dec 2005 & there wasn't a problem with the crowds, in fact the kids were all very nice. that being said, be aware that 1 or more parks may change hours for them. we had planned to see the osbourne lights our last night there & we were not aware that mgm (it's name at that time) closed early for an event for them. turns out there was a little sign that we missed stating as such. long story short, we waited until our last night to see the lights & we weren't able to see them because we got there too late & the cms were clearing out the park.

JPL
08-09-2009, 12:28 AM
I have been at WDW 2 times during Pop Warner and never noticed any impact in the parks. They mostly stay at the ALL-Star Resorts so you are pretty much safe every where else. The biggest impact I noticed was at the airport when I was flying out on Sunday. Lots of kids running around and the waiting area by the gates was quite crowded and loud.