PDA

View Full Version : December Crowds

redleg96
08-06-2009, 04:00 PM
I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about crowds in December. We'll be at WDW from December 6-16. Will we miss the huge crowds or are we going to be swamped? Thanks

Sunshine1010
08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Remember the 'Good Old Days' when there were slow times and busy times at WDW? I remember in December 2005, I literally walked into any restaurant on any given day, and was seated without a wait (literally...no joke). Well....those days are gone.

Seems to me that there are no more 'slow' times, ...just busy, busier, and busiest.

For any day now...the least crowded time is first thing in the morning.

Also, the 'more crowded' times are during the times when there is no school (summer, fall break, spring break, Christmas, July 4th, Thanksgiving...etc).

Just go there with the mindset of, "I'm not gonna stress". Take it slow, and all will be okay.

sassy2000
08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
We were there last year Dec 5-15 and found the crowds to be very manageable. We never waited in line more than 20 mintes for any ride. Of course the popular rides like TSM, ToT, TT, and Soarin had longer waits but we used FP for them and never had a problem. Also, that was during the Pop Warner superbowl but we never saw much of an impact at the parks. That group mostly impacts the resorts that they are staying at. Hope that helps. Have fun. We will be checking out on the day you are checking in. :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Seems to me that there are no more 'slow' times, ...just busy, busier, and busiest.

:ditto:

The time you'll be there won't be the worst of the December crowds, though. Very manageable. Just don't expect the parks to be empty like they used to be before Christmas.