PDA

View Full Version : Questions on My Dining Reservations

liz12303
08-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Hey All! Wondering all you seasoned diners if you could please take a look at my dining plans so far and let me know what you think?
We are traveling end of Sept. 2 boys 5years old.
Particulary, Hollywood Studios -Hollywood and Vine, maybe is should try for the Si-Fi Restaurant instead as they are kinda out of the Little Einstien stage and the movie thing might be better for thier age?
And Shutters at Carribean Beach...maybe I should change this Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Mostly at this point I can only get early afternoon reservations. But here they are...
Any suggestions/comments very welcome.

Day 1 Rainforest Cafe 5pm
Day 2 Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine 1:15
Day 3 Mickey's Backyar BBQ
Day 4 Cyrstal Palace 2:30
Day 5 Open (on our own dime)
Day 6 Shutters 6pm

Thank you!
:mickey:

FriendsofMickey
08-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I have never been to Shutters or Mickey's BBQ, but I think the rest look great.

I have 6 year old girls and we did the Hollywood and vine last year and they still loved it. The food is "ehh" however for the little ones the atmosphere is fun. They have music and the kids get up and dance. So, if they enjoy to be involved, I think you have made the right choice.

Whispering Canyon is another fun for kids restaurant. Though (IMO) not as much fun (However, the food is better than Hollywood and vine). We do like this restaurant and will be returning this year again.

We will be there at the end of September as well

sassy2000
08-06-2009, 04:35 PM
I would choose Whispering Canyon over Shutters. It has a fun, lively atmosphere for your boys.
My DS 4 and DD 2 have been to both Hollywood & Vine & Sci Fi and liked both. Last time we went to H&V my DS4 was no longer interested in Little Einsteins but he still had a blast. The character interaction is great and the kids have the chance to get up and dance with the characters several times which is always a plus with my children who are little balls of energy.
:mickey:

DisneyFr33k
08-06-2009, 05:19 PM
We tried Sci Fi once, and that is all we will do. We started off being seated 45 minutes past our lunch time ADR. It was dark, the food portions were small and the hokie movie clips weren't that entertaining and repeated every 10 minutes. The food quality was just average. We could find better in our hometown local diners. The only plus to this restaurant was it was a quiet, dark and cool place to relax.

If you haven't considered 50's Prime Time, it really is an entertaining, fun place to eat. The food is good home cooking and the wait staff can really play it up - keep your elbows off the table and eat all your veggies... or else!