PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of getting into a restaurant without ADR during the 1st week of November?

Neo Fender
08-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Don’t really know where we’ll be on any particular day so were not signing up for any ADRs. Just wanted to know what the chances would be to get a table if the mood struck us. I know there are many variables involved (attendance, park or resort, time, EMH, DDP, etc.). Just curious about the possibilities in general.

Thanks.

SBETigg
08-06-2009, 02:40 PM
If you're not set on getting into one particular place, then your odds are good. It's likely you'll be able to find something without an ADR. If you're set on one particular place, though, odds are not as good. If you have a place in mind, make the ADR. But if you want to be flexible, be willing to eat at off times and maybe try something new, you should probably be able to find openings.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-06-2009, 02:54 PM
This is a bit of a tricky one. Disney has extended free dining this fall, so I would expect that many places will be busier than normal.

Will it be possible to eat *somewhere*? Probably. Will you be able to eat where and when you feel like? Probably not.

The moral of the story is that ADR's are really a required part of the Disney trip. I know it can be hard to plan and figure out where you're going to be, but if you want any particular places it really is a good idea to make at least a few ADR's.

GreenB
08-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Hi.
It depends on the restaurant.
If you want to eat at Le Cellier in Epcot at diner time without a reservation, forget about it. You won't get in.
But if you show up at the same time on the same date at the Marrakesh in Epcot, you are almost sure to get your table.
Popular restaurants are VERY crowded. They sell out fast.
In theory it IS possible to get a table if you don't have a reservation provided you are flexible on the restaurant.
It happens and it has happened for us sometimes. Be prepared to be turned away though! And please, don't blame it on the CM.

epceddie
08-07-2009, 02:47 AM
I called a couple of days ago and easily got an 11:35 a.m. ressie for the Coral Reef in Epcot on Nov. 6, which is my wife's 50th birthday.
I also had no problem whatsover calling T-Rex in Downtown Disney for a lunch ressie on Nov. 2.
I kept thinking to myself 'this is way too easy'.

VWL Mom
08-07-2009, 07:48 AM
As others have said, if your not picky about place and time, you would normally have a good shot at finding something that week BUT normally free dining was blacked out for Jersey week.

Last year I was able to get late lunches at Tutto Italia and Mama Melrose and and 815P dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse from GS in the parks for that day.

That being said, if you know your are going to be at the parks which are open late with EMH, I would suggest at least booking them. I've been trying for DHS Nov 1st and there is not much of a choice.

Birdie757
08-08-2009, 07:15 AM
We tried this on our trip in Jan. The parks weren't that crowded and it was considered the off season. But it was free dining....We found ourselves circling Epcot finding no openings. The only table service in the entire park that had an opening was Nine Dragons and it didn't have an opening until nearly 9pm! We ended up eating pizza in our room that night.

Needless to say, the next trip we at least book 2 or 3 just to guarantee that we weren't eating counter service for all our meals.

RockinRollerMom
08-08-2009, 09:07 AM
I would book ADR's. It's possible you might be able to get some walk -ins, but why chance it. You could end up eating either all of your TS for lunch, add very odd times, and at the not so great restaurants. If you make the ADR's and something comes up that you can't make it, you can call and cancel it as long as it wasn't a place that required a credit card to hold. Those place require a 2-3 day cancelation.

Seasonscraps
08-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I would book ADR's. It's possible you might be able to get some walk -ins, but why chance it. You could end up eating either all of your TS for lunch, add very odd times, and at the not so great restaurants. If you make the ADR's and something comes up that you can't make it, you can call and cancel it as long as it wasn't a place that required a credit card to hold. Those place require a 2-3 day cancelation.

I feel the same way.

Last time we were there during free dining, I checked with guest services midday for dinner and was only able to get Marrakesh at 8.30pm. We don't use the dining plan so we just went to DTD or Espn or some place that doesn't take ADRs.

KAT1811
08-08-2009, 02:51 PM
This is a bit of a tricky one. Disney has extended free dining this fall, so I would expect that many places will be busier than normal.

Will it be possible to eat *somewhere*? Probably. Will you be able to eat where and when you feel like? Probably not.

The moral of the story is that ADR's are really a required part of the Disney trip. I know it can be hard to plan and figure out where you're going to be, but if you want any particular places it really is a good idea to make at least a few ADR's.

:ditto:

I called a couple of days ago and easily got an 11:35 a.m. ressie for the Coral Reef in Epcot on Nov. 6, which is my wife's 50th birthday.
I also had no problem whatsover calling T-Rex in Downtown Disney for a lunch ressie on Nov. 2.
I kept thinking to myself 'this is way too easy'.

You are just in the 90 day window so you are still quite far out for ADRs. I bet you'll find ADRs booking up and fast. I called Monday for my 90 + 10 and I was able to get everything I wanted except Tutto Italia which was booked at the time I was looking for (we were pretty flexible and they had nothing). Careful, it won't be that easy for long!

It really is a must these days. Long gone are the days you could decide spur of the moment. I'd make a few and if they don't end up coinciding with your plans that day just cancel. If not you may end up eating pizza and burgers for your entire stay! :sick: