PDA

View Full Version : Kim Possible

jenperich
08-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know what this new Kim Possible attraction is in World Showcase? I've read various things, but I can't get a good idea of what it actually is. Just curious! Thanks. :mickey:

beachezncream
08-06-2009, 01:54 PM
its really fun :thumbsup:

what happens is, if its your first time they prefer you go to the main KP station in future world, but then you get your kimmunicator, and wade explains how to work the device, and then assigns you to a country, then all you have to do is go to that country and follow wades instructions :thumbsup: its amazing, and really fun! it takes you inside shops and the outside areas. just some tips, the sound on the phones are really clear, and you can see the screens better in the shade, its fun for any age, Im 18 and my dad and I went out and did a few missions :thumbsup:

candleshoe
08-06-2009, 01:57 PM
It's an interactive scaenger hunt of sorts that you do on your own. I was not looking forward to it as I'm not a Kim Possible fan, but my son insisted we did it after seeing the disney channel promos and I have to say it was very unique and fun!

Basically, you stop at one of the kiosks where they give you a "Kimunicator" cellphone. You're instructed to go to a country in world showcase and then you get a video message which sets up a plot where you are trying to foil some villian. Your job is to follow the clues to different areas of the country, where you get the next clue, and so on. The really neat thing is that your device triggers different things to happen. Example: in Japan you're instructed to go to a rock garden and stand in a certain place and then hit the button on the device. Suddenly, a message appears on one of the rocks.

There's hidden interactive props all throughout the different countries which you wouldn't give a second look unless you're playing the game.

I thought it was a blast and would definitely recommend it.

A tip: ask if they can program your device to start in Mexico so you can then go in order around the world. That way you can do your usual trip around the countries and just incorporate the game while you're there. Otherwise, it is just randomly programmed and you end up having to backtrack. If it's crowded you might not be able to do this- the devices know which country you are in and they only allow a certain amount of devices on a mission at a time. Otherwise, there would be poeple lining up at each stop, which happens sometimes anyway.

Melanie
08-06-2009, 04:25 PM
We've seen tons of folks doing this while we are at Epcot this week. My boys and I can't wait to come back for a day very soon specifically for this!

DisneyFr33k
08-06-2009, 05:14 PM
its really fun :thumbsup:

what happens is, if its your first time they prefer you go to the main KP station in future world, but then you get your kimmunicator, and wade explains how to work the device, and then assigns you to a country, then all you have to do is go to that country and follow wades instructions :thumbsup: its amazing, and really fun! it takes you inside shops and the outside areas. just some tips, the sound on the phones are really clear, and you can see the screens better in the shade, its fun for any age, Im 18 and my dad and I went out and did a few missions :thumbsup:

3 questions:

Once you are done with your assigned country, can you go on to another?
Are there time limits to complete missions? We are going during the food and wine festival and would like to stop to sample foods/wines along the way?
We have 2 children - do they each get one or share one? If they each get one, will they be assigned the same missions in order?

candleshoe
08-06-2009, 05:37 PM
3 questions:

Once you are done with your assigned country, can you go on to another?
Are there time limits to complete missions? We are going during the food and wine festival and would like to stop to sample foods/wines along the way?
We have 2 children - do they each get one or share one? If they each get one, will they be assigned the same missions in order?

1) Yes, and you can pick which country you want, assuming that it's not "full". We went in order around the showcase so we could take our time enjoying each country and not have to backtrack. It may not work if it is crowded though as you may be locked out of a country.
2) There are no time limits. Be aware though that as long as you are "logged in" to a certain country/mission it is blocking out other guests from doing it if the country is full- they only allow a certain number of people to be at a mission at once so that you are not on top of each other going to the different clues. So you may want to do the mission 1st and then enjoy the rest of the country just out of courtesy to the other players.
3) i guess you can each get a separate kimmunicator but it's more fun to do it together. With 3 kids however, I ran into a problem initially with each kid wanting to be the one to hold it and push the buttin to activate the clue. So set the ground rules before the game that they can alternate holding it for each clue or have the adult be the keeper of the kimmunicator while they look on.

DisneyFr33k
08-07-2009, 06:00 AM
1) Yes, and you can pick which country you want, assuming that it's not "full". We went in order around the showcase so we could take our time enjoying each country and not have to backtrack. It may not work if it is crowded though as you may be locked out of a country.
2) There are no time limits. Be aware though that as long as you are "logged in" to a certain country/mission it is blocking out other guests from doing it if the country is full- they only allow a certain number of people to be at a mission at once so that you are not on top of each other going to the different clues. So you may want to do the mission 1st and then enjoy the rest of the country just out of courtesy to the other players.
3) i guess you can each get a separate kimmunicator but it's more fun to do it together. With 3 kids however, I ran into a problem initially with each kid wanting to be the one to hold it and push the buttin to activate the clue. So set the ground rules before the game that they can alternate holding it for each clue or have the adult be the keeper of the kimmunicator while they look on.

Thanks so much! Your tips are great! We'll get one kimmunicator and be sure to get the mission done so as not to block anyone else out!

Thanks again! :rocks:

Melanie
08-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the detailed info, candleshoe!:thumbsup:

jenperich
08-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks everyone. This definitely sounds like something my husband and I will enjoy doing. World Showcase is already our favorite place to be in WDW. Now it will be even more fun. One more question...is this free or does it have some kind of fee like the talking Mickeys?

candleshoe
08-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Thanks everyone. This definitely sounds like something my husband and I will enjoy doing. World Showcase is already our favorite place to be in WDW. Now it will be even more fun. One more question...is this free or does it have some kind of fee like the talking Mickeys?

There is no extra fee to play...but I'd stop short at saying it's free- I'm sure you've paid more that enough to the great mouse over time to pay for it.;)

jenperich
08-11-2009, 11:43 AM
There is no extra fee to play...but I'd stop short at saying it's free- I'm sure you've paid more that enough to the great mouse over time to pay for it.;)

Haha...yeah, that's true. But, when I actually get there, I forget that I've already paid all that and we just start all over. :-) Like we have an infinite amount of money to spend...yeah...right! Thanks a lot for the help. We really can't wait to do it. We are 27-year-old kids sometimes. :mickey: