PDA

View Full Version : Chase Disney Debit Card is Now Here

Itchy
08-06-2009, 08:40 AM
I was just looking at the Disney Reward Web page and saw that the New Chase Disney Debit card is here.

Earn Disney RewardsSM Every Day
With your Disney RewardsSM Debit Card, you can turn your everyday shopping into a magical Disney experience. Every non-PIN purchase1 you make with the card leads to Disney Rewards, which you can redeem for most everything Disney—from toys, clothes, movie tickets, and DVDs to Theme Park tickets, vacation packages, cruises, and resort stays.

You will need to set up a checking account with them and there is a $25 a year fee for the use of the card.

Dsnygirl
08-06-2009, 09:33 AM
:mickey: Oh, I would like that a lot! I have the VISA right now, but I'd rather a check-card. I'll have to look into that!! :thumbsup:

momofdisneyprincess
08-06-2009, 11:12 AM
As the OP said, there is a $25 fee. I don't pay any fees for my cards. That's just my opinion though. I have a VISA debit through my bank which allows me access to Visa extras rewards program for no charge. I already have enough points for $125 off of AVIS.

jerrywilborn
08-06-2009, 11:42 AM
You know the economy is tough when a major bank is charging fees for a common consumer card.

Ouch.

brewcrew26
08-08-2009, 09:52 AM
DH works for Chase and told me about this a month ago. He said their other reward cards are a better deal and will pay you back more. The earnings you will get with the Disney debit card are very slim and you have to purchase a lot to even get $1 back. My begging still didn't work to get one.

But, if you're interested, there are going to be several different designs. DH said 3-4, a standard Mickey, princesses, a Mickey silhouette and I believe on Pixar-related theme.

MegaDisney
01-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Ordered mine today!

I was so excited!

BTW you get $25 in reward credit after your first 4 transactions so that pays for itself.

Also if you have multiple cards on one account you only have pay the $25 fee once!

BMan62
01-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Ordered mine today!

I was so excited!

BTW you get $25 in reward credit after your first 4 transactions so that pays for itself.

Also if you have multiple cards on one account you only have pay the $25 fee once!

Uh.....How about rethinking that 'pays for itself' line....the $25 is a YEARLY FEE just to hold a card that allows you to take money out of a checking account that the bank earns interest on, but you don't.

Sorry, no fees for me!!! I'll be happy with my Disney Rewards Visa that I can, and do, pay off every month with no interest charges and no fees!

Kenny1113
01-25-2010, 08:56 PM
I agree, especially because it would be so hard to rack up any points. I rarely sign for purchases with my debit card ( unless at a resturaunt). I'll keep my fee free Disney credit card. :)

MegaDisney
01-27-2010, 12:33 PM
I should have said the first year it pays for itself...

I always sign for EVERYTHING, and based on the money that goes through my checking account every month the card is worth it for me.

Also I am not trying to talk anyone out of the Credit Card, just mentioning it for those of us who don't want or need more credit...

NotaGeek
01-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Uh.....How about rethinking that 'pays for itself' line....the $25 is a YEARLY FEE just to hold a card that allows you to take money out of a checking account that the bank earns interest on, but you don't.

Sorry, no fees for me!!! I'll be happy with my Disney Rewards Visa that I can, and do, pay off every month with no interest charges and no fees!
Hmmm. I wish Wells Fargo had this with Disney, they just have their own program at $12 a year. I blow more than $25 every 2 weeks on Starbucks. Getting points on a debit card just for spending money exactly as you do anyway? Where is the loss here?

MegaDisney
01-28-2010, 09:37 AM
But, if you're interested, there are going to be several different designs. DH said 3-4, a standard Mickey, princesses, a Mickey silhouette and I believe on Pixar-related theme.

The designs are:

Mickey
Mickey & Friends
Mickey Icon
101 Dalmations

I am still waiting for mine to arrive, I chose the Mickey design.

It is kinda sad, but I would pay $25 a year just to have a debit card with Mickey on it! :mickey:

BMan62
01-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Hmmm. I wish Wells Fargo had this with Disney, they just have their own program at $12 a year. I blow more than $25 every 2 weeks on Starbucks. Getting points on a debit card just for spending money exactly as you do anyway? Where is the loss here?

Michael, I wasn't trying to pass judgment on the card itself, I just can't see paying an annual fee for ANY card - credit, debit, etc.

I personally believe that banks are getting WAY too rich off our accounts - checking/saving/credit/loans/etc. - as it is.

MegaDisney
01-28-2010, 01:55 PM
The following benefits are in addition to the Reward Dollars:

Walt Disney World:

Character Meet ‘N’ Greet Photo Opportunity
Perk: Meet, greet, and have your personal photo taken with some of your favorite Disney Characters and receive a complimentary
5” x 7” keepsake photo
When: Offered daily between
1:30 PM and 4:30 PM
Where to go: Innoventions West at Epcot®
What to do: Just present your Disney Rewards Debit Card to enter the event
Why: It’s one of the most unique experiences of being a Cardmember!

10% Off Merchandise
Perk: Receive 10% off merchandise purchases of $50 or more
When: Anytime during normal Theme Park hours
Where to go: Your discount is available at select Walt Disney World® owned and operated locations
What to do: Use your valid Disney Rewards Debit Card and mention this offer
Why: Give your family extra treats on vacation while enjoying great savings

20% Off Tours
Perk: Receive 20% off the non-discounted price on the following tours:

Magic Kingdom® Park

Disney’s Family Magic Tour
Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour
Disney’s The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour
Mickey’s Magical Milestones Tour

Epcot®

Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy
Gardens of the World
Simply Segway Experience
The UnDISCOVERed Future World
Disney’s Dolphins in Depth
Epcot® DiveQuest
Epcot® Seas Aqua Tours

Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park

Wild by Design
Backstage Safari

Disney’s Hollywood Studios™, Epcot® and Magic Kingdom® Park

Backstage Magic tour begins at Epcot® and makes stops backstage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios™ and Magic
Kingdom® Park.

In addition, a 15% discount off the non-discounted price is offered on the Around the World at Epcot® and Behind the Seeds – Epcot® tours.
What to do: Use your valid Disney Rewards Debit Card and mention this offer
Why: Enjoy great savings while your family explores Walt Disney World®

MegaDisney
01-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Your Every Day Magic Character Meet ‘N’ Greet
Photo Opportunity
Perk: Meet, greet, and have your personal photo taken with some of your favorite Disney Characters and receive a complimentary
5” x 7” keepsake photo
When: Offered daily 30 minutes after Park opening for 90 minutes
Where to go: Disney’s California Adventure® Park in Hollywood Pictures Backlot (next to Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!)
What to do: Simply present your Disney Rewards Debit Card to enter the event
Why: It’s one of the most unique experiences of being a Cardmember!

10% Off Select Merchandise
Perk: Receive 10% off merchandise purchases of $50 or more
When: Anytime during normal Theme Park hours
Where to go: Valid at select Disneyland® Resort stores and pin cart locations
What to do: Present your valid Disney Rewards Debit Card and mention this offer to receive the discount
Why: Give your family extra treats on vacation while enjoying great savings

10% Off At Select Dining Locations
Perk: Receive 10% off at Select Dining Locations below:

Disneyland® Park

Rancho del Zocalo
Carnation Café
Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port

Disney’s California Adventure® Park

Pizza Oom Mow Mow
Wine Country Trattoria
The Vineyard Room

Disneyland® Resort Hotels

Yamabuki
Steakhouse 55: 6 PM to 10 PM – dinner only
Disney’s PCH Grill: dinner only

What to do: Use your valid Disney Rewards Debit Card and mention this offer to receive the discount
Why: Save during your vacation while giving your family a delicious treat

20% Off Select Tours

Perk Receive 20% off the non-discounted price on the following tours:

Welcome to Disneyland®
A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps
Discover the Magic
Cruzin’ Disney’s California Adventure® Park

When: Reservations may be made up to 30 days in advance and are recommended
What to do: Call 714-781-4400 or go to Guided Tour Welcome Center at Disneyland® Park and mention this offer
Why: Enjoy great savings while your family explores Disneyland® Resort

Stroller Rentals Discount
Perk: 50% discount on Stroller Rentals at the Disneyland® Resort
When: Stroller availability varies based on theme park attendance and other factors
Where to go: Available at the NEW stroller rental location, offering strollers for both Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks located outside the Main Entrance of Disneyland® Park adjacent to Disneyland® Kennel Club.
What to do: Use your valid Disney Rewards Debit Card for rental payment to receive discount
Why: So little kids can keep pace with all
the fun!

Your Every Day Magic Dream Vacation Package
Perk: A special Cardmember Vacation Package that includes accommodations at one of the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort and a 3-day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir ticket plus these extra benefits:
Mickey’s Toontown Morning Madness: An Interactive Guest and Disney Character Experience
Exclusive! Disney Rewards® collectible pin, lanyard, and luggage tag (one per person)
Preferred parade viewing at Disneyland® Park or Disney’s California Adventure® Park.
Preferred seating at select attractions in Disney’s California Adventure® Park.
Complimentary Dreams backpack
(one per package)
Downtown Disney® District Fun Card – special offers for shopping, dining, and entertainment experiences (one per package).
Magic Morning Admission into select attractions at designated Disneyland® Resort Theme Park, valid with a 3-Day or longer Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir ticket.
When: Available all year long
What to do: To book your vacation package, call 1-866-844-9382 or visit Disneyland.com
Why: We’ve created this Cardmember vacation package so you can give your family even more on your Disneyland® Resort vacations.

Private Cardmember Phone Line
Perk: A Disney travel expert at the Disneyland® Resort Travel Center will help with all your Disneyland® Resort vacation needs
When: Any time of the year
What to do: Just call 866-844-9382 and mention you’re a Cardmember
Why: So you can make the most of your Disneyland® Resort vacation
Theme Park Perks Continued
in California

MegaDisney
01-28-2010, 02:06 PM
For me this is TOTALLY worth $25 a year!

I can also save by buying the Deluxe AP (Disneyland) and still get the merchandise and dining discounts!

MegaDisney
01-31-2010, 10:58 AM
We got ours day before yesterday.

My wallet is now Disney-fied! :mickey:

kakn7294
01-31-2010, 12:17 PM
When I calculated my weekly spending, I averaged earning $5 per month. That means it would take 5 months to break-even with that $25 yearly fee. I'm going to save all my slips for the month of Feb. and see how much we spend using our debit cards (always as a credit card) to see if this is really worth it for us. $35 a year in "rewards" isn't much incentive...

MegaDisney
01-31-2010, 12:43 PM
$35 a year in "rewards" isn't much incentive...

It is more than $0 in rewards! :D

I figure even if I only get enough rewards to pay for a lunch while at Disneyland (or even $5 off my lunch), it is better than nothing, and I figure with the discounts and "extras" it is worth it for me.

Stich8818
02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
But I guess it would be benificial if you used your card more then cash. I mean yeah the 25 bucks a year is a shock but if you buy anything disney online it might average out in the end.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I'd love the chance to have a Disney credit or debit card ... but they don't have them up here in Canada.

Oh well, I don't need another credit card, and I agree it is pretty crazy to PAY for a debit card!

MegaDisney
02-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Just got my statement and for the partial month that I had the card I got $6.45 in reward dollars plus the $25 bonus for the first 5 purchases.

If I get only $6 a month on average, minus the annual fee, I would have $47 a year to use towards dining, tickets or whatever.

Something for nothing is a good deal in my book!