PDA

View Full Version : Charging for Fast passes at DLRP

Rodders
08-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Listening to the DisneyBrit podcast this morning brought some news that I never wanted to hear. Apparently guests at Disneyland Hotel (Paris) can buy unlimited Fast Passes for €80 per day!!

I have seen Alton Towers and Universal selling similar things and I hate it. Businesses should be free to sell whatever (legal) service they wish but it doesn't stop me disliking the whole idea of a tiered theme park. I guess other people feel the same?

Wells
08-06-2009, 05:58 AM
DLP has been offering this as a perk for their concierge level guests for some time........
Now, coming to a theme park near you!
.........soon...........:thedolls:

DizneyRox
08-06-2009, 09:16 AM
If you don't think this is coming stateside, you're kidding yourself... This is a HUGE revenue stream that is currently untapped.

Rodders
08-06-2009, 09:21 AM
If you don't think this is coming stateside, you're kidding yourself... This is a HUGE revenue stream that is currently untapped.
Yep, inevitable IMO

It'sWDW4me
08-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Nnnnnoooooooooo!!!

MidnTPK
08-06-2009, 09:26 AM
This idea is not that new...but this specific deal might be. When I went to Disney-Paris I saw the special vouchers and passes that resort guests had to use the FastPass lines.

There also used to be a deal like this it Disneyland in CA. When I went a few years back, if you booked your package through AAA, you received a special park pass that allowed you to have unlimited overlapping fastpasses. The only restriction was you couldn't hold two fastpasses for the same ride at once. It was great.

I think this will inevitably end up in WDW....but likely invisibly. Like you won't be able to tell that someone is a deluxe resort guest, and is allowed to hold three FPs at once, versus a value who can only hold one. And DVCers will be able to choose between a deluxe, moderate, or value park pass.

Itchy
08-06-2009, 09:26 AM
I can't believe that Disney would want to find a ways to get more money from it's patron's.

What would Mickey think?

Wells
08-06-2009, 09:58 AM
I can't believe that Disney would want to find a ways to get more money from it's patron's.

What would Mickey think?

I'm going to assume that you are joking.......:D

Itchy
08-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Other than having a great vacation everytime I go to WDW. I have learned just to back up slowly with my wallet open and everyone is happy.:blush:

jerrywilborn
08-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Six Flags does this and if you can afford it, it's wonderful. You pretty much just wander from attraction to attraction getting on as you please.