PDA

View Full Version : Park Passes on Room Key

Pooh Fan
08-06-2009, 12:03 AM
I have purchased our 6 day park hopper passes in advance. At check in can we surrender these passes and have the credits added to our room key so that our park passes, DDP credits and charging privs are all on our room key?

Gregandmel
08-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm pretty sure they can transfer the active park passes to your room key so that everything is on there. We had separate cards last year (meaning we had the separate hard plastic park tickets, then also our hard plastic room key - they were both separate) and I seem to recall being told we could transfer them to the room key, but we didn't do it. Others on here who have had more experience can probably verify this for you though - but I'm pretty sure you can do it.

TheRustyScupper
08-06-2009, 08:08 AM
1) Maybe.
2) If you bought DDP, yes.
. . . any ticket can be swiped onto the KTTW
. . . this even includes annual passes, but excludes Florida Res passes
3) If it is Free DDP, no.
. . . only one ticket can be swiped onto the card at a time
. . . Free DDP mandates a minimum 1-day ticket
. . . that would be pre-loaded onto the KTTW
. . . you cannot add a separate ticket to it

Pooh Fan
08-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks for your respnses but I'm not 100% sure where I fit into the previous scenarios. I'm staying on points at a DVC resort. I have added DDP and will be paying for that upon arrival. I have purchased park tickets at CAA/AAA that I have in hand. From this info is it likely that they can put my park passes, DDP credits and charging privs all onto the Key when I check in?
Sorry if I'm asking the same thing twice. Just still not sure of the answer.

sgdisney
08-06-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure about the DDP credits, but I do know that I asked about adding park passes to my Key Card last trip and the Concierge in the lobby took care of it with no problem. She did tell me that the passes had to NOT been used at all in order for them to be able to transfer it.

BMan62
08-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks for your respnses but I'm not 100% sure where I fit into the previous scenarios. I'm staying on points at a DVC resort. I have added DDP and will be paying for that upon arrival. I have purchased park tickets at CAA/AAA that I have in hand. From this info is it likely that they can put my park passes, DDP credits and charging privs all onto the Key when I check in?
Sorry if I'm asking the same thing twice. Just still not sure of the answer.

Based on what you are saying here, that should not be a problem..They will need to add the DDP to the card at Guest Services in the resort, anyway. That is exactly what we had to go through in January when we rented points.

ctennis
08-09-2009, 08:40 AM
I've run into issues before doing ticket transfers like this, where they were "done", but once we got to the park gate we found they were done incorrectly.

To combat this, a CM told me that whenever you make ticket modifications like this, ask to get a print out of your "entitlement numbers", which are basically the number coded onto your old and new tickets - that way, if there is any issue when you get to the park gate as to what your ticket entitlements are, they can look everything up for you and resolve the issue.

TheRustyScupper
08-09-2009, 10:30 AM
From this info is it likely that they can put my park passes, DDP credits and charging privs all onto the Key when I check in?

1) Yes.
2) But, you need to go to concierge desk to add the tickets.
3) Front Desk (check-in) can only do room & DDP, if not a full package.