PDA

View Full Version : cast member application process

pokci
08-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Has anyone ever gone through the application process? Can this be something that is done during a vacation? Is it still called Traditions? How long and where?

Thanks!

dizneefan67
08-05-2009, 10:41 PM
I was a CM in 98-99 and remember very little but I think that the interview process was almost an all day thing at Casting Center across from Downtown Disney. You may find more information by dong a search from our home page and type in WDW CM application process. I did and found this link...

disney.go.com/disneycareers/.../hourly/casting/wdw_stepstoapply.html

Try here and go from there and if all else fails call Casting and ask you specific questions. I remember I called and had a phone interview and then was asked when I could make it for an in-person interview. And at the time, it was called Traditions, but who knows now!LOL

Hope this helps.

Will:mickey:

Christine
08-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Right now they are only accepting applications online thru disneycareers.com. They will go through those and call anyone they are interested in and do a phone interview. The next step is an in-person interview.

They no longer accept walk ins at casting downtown.

DizneyRox
08-06-2009, 09:14 AM
It helps to have a Florida address as well...

Christine
08-06-2009, 04:55 PM
It helps to have a Florida address as well...

It didn't help me a lick. :(
I live 5 minutes from wdw & have a college degree and I can't even get hired to sell popcorn on the street carts.

DizneyRox
08-07-2009, 01:02 PM
It didn't help me a lick. :(
I live 5 minutes from wdw & have a college degree and I can't even get hired to sell popcorn on the street carts.
Next thing, you're going to tell me you have a pulse and social security number too I suppose? :D

Lately that appears is all it takes.

Traditions is the class that used to be offered to bring you up on the Disney way of doing things. How quality and service were #1 on the list, always go the extra mile for the guests, etc. Now, I believe, they teach you how to run the cash registers and upsell as much as possible.

vws_and_disney
08-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the info me and the DW are moving down there in january and we were curious how to go through the process

pokci
08-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Very Helpful. Thanks. My parents are moving down in December and both think they want to work very part time in their retirement at WDW! I was hoping that maybe I could at least go through the process, not moving down yet! :cloud9:

JavaDuck
08-08-2009, 06:28 PM
16 hours 55 minutes and I will be on my way to WDW!!! Woo hooo! So excited about our 2nd trip!!

:donald::donald::donald::donald::donald::donald:

DVC2004
08-08-2009, 11:11 PM
They still run Traditions, but you must be hired first before you can attend. As to the application process, I highly doubt you could apply, be called and interview during a vacation. It doesn't work that fast.

Figaro
08-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Hiring has been frozen for many roles as far as I've heard. Some are still picking up CMs, but it's mostly CPs I think. Getting hired can be quick same day or it could be a week long ordeal. Depends mostly. Traditions is the class that EVERY Disney CM attends prior to beginning work.