PDA

View Full Version : Need Dining Suggestions

sisterslovindisney
08-05-2009, 05:28 PM
So we are booked for January 3rd - 10th 2010. We are staying at CSR for the first time. Our other two stays were at Poly club level so we ate almost all of our meals in the club lounge. I have never made an ADR and we really only ate lunches at counter service places in the parks. Well we did eat at Ohana and Jiko. What I'm hoping for is your suggestions for table service dining for each of the parks. We are also open to going to any of the resorts for really good food. We have 4 in our party - 2 adults, DS15 and DS11. DS11 eats mostly chicken fingers and mac n cheese but other than that we are all pretty adventureous. Thanks in advance!

RockinRollerMom
08-05-2009, 05:38 PM
There are so many great restaurants to choose from. I would suggest not limiting yourself just to park restaurants. Many great TS meals are at resorts that are very easy to get to. EPCOT has the best park dining options IMO. LeCelier and The Coral Reef are crowd favorites. If your DS's are picker eaters you may want to consider buffets. There are many adult options but there is always a kids selection as well. One of our favorite buffets is Cape May at the BC. It is a "clambake" but there are plenty of options for those who aren't into fish too. You could also consider character dining. These apeal to kids of all ages. Chef Mickey's at the CR is a lot fo fun. Great character interaction and the food is pretty good too.

tss22
08-05-2009, 06:42 PM
For Magic Kingdom - if you're not going for expensive (Cinderella's), I'd recommend Crystal Palace as nice with fun character interaction (Pooh)

Animal Kingdom - Have only eaten at Tusker House, but loved it.

Epcot - Lot's of options here. I've eaten at both Biergarten (germany), Coral Reef, and the counter services at china, mexico, and Morraco. All were excellent.

Hollywood Studios - I've only eaten at the Hollywood and Vine buffet and I would NOT recommend it. It was just adequate.

JenniferS.
08-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Hollywood Studios-- Mama Melrose is good
I would only go to Hollywood and Vine for Breakfast. Dinner isn't that great.
I also like 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge is awesome.

Planet Hollywood is pretty good too in downtown disney. Not sure if you are on the dining plan, but we also like the new T-Rex restaurant and rainforest cafe which are NOT on the dining plan. Hope this helps.

sisterslovindisney
08-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks so far - please keep them coming. I'm not really concerned about our youngest being picky, we've always been able to find at least something for him to try. Our older DS is very adventureous. We probably won't be on the dining plan but I'm also not concerned if the place is expensive as long as it's good. We are definitely open to resorts as well as park places.

SBETigg
08-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Some of my favorites:

Resorts:
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoossee's
Citricos
California Grill
'Ohana
Jiko
Boma

Epcot:
Teppan Edo
San Angel Inn
Rose & Crown
Chefs de France
Restaurant Marrakesh

Downtown Disney:
Raglan Road

elmjimmlm
08-05-2009, 08:15 PM
For the parks...
MK-Liberty Tree lunch is great...
Epcot-LeCellier
HS-50s Prime Time is fun and so is Sci Fi
AK-Yak and Yetit is by far the best...

As far as resorts we have done Ohana and Kona and Ohana was better IMO...
1900 Park Fare has a lot to choose from and its a great character meal...
Chef Mickeys is really fun...
Hope this helps...:)

Jeri Lynn
08-06-2009, 11:10 AM
I would recommend:

Magic Kingom: Tony's Restaurant

Epcot: Coral Reef
San Angel Inn

Studio's: Prime Time Cafe

DisneyFr33k
08-06-2009, 11:25 AM
My :twocents: worth,

Magic Kingdom:
Liberty Tree - Lunch is alright (will be trying dinner in 2 months)
Crystal Palace really let us down - basic buffet food, nothing spectacular
Castle - really enjoyed breakfast and dinner
** What we do is take the monorail over to the Polynesian and eat at either Ohana or Kona - they are both WONDERFUL!

Epcot:
LeCellier - GREAT food!
Rose n Crown - loved their fish & chips and lamb!
Mexico - don't waste your money! Horrible service and food wasn't good.
Teppan Edo (Japan) - will be trying this one for the first time in 2 months - I'm reading great reviews for it.

Hollywood Studios:
50's Prime Time - great, fun time, with good homecooked type food
Mama Melrose - we loved the shrimp dish and enjoyed the atmosphere. Good if you're in the mood for italian
Sci Fi - ate there only once and once was enough. The hokie movies they run repeat after about 10 minutes, it is very dark, hard to see the food and the food portions are small and average. I hear going there for shakes or ice cream is best.

Animal Kingdom:
Flame Tree is the best counter service
Tusker House is a great buffet table service comparable to Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you want variety and adventurous food - try this one!
Yak & Yeti - haven't tried, but want to - I love chinese food!

Downtown Disney:
Wolfgang Puck Cafe - we are making a special trip to DD to eat here again. The Wolfgangs Meatball is to die for. However, I saw on another site that they are not listing in on there menu. I hope this is an oversite as it was wonderful. The Macademia Crusted chicken is great too. Can't go wrong here!

Resorts:
Boma @ Animal Kingdom Lodge is wonderful - but similar to Tusker House in AK
Cape May @ Beach Club - great seafood (and regular options) buffet. The desserts are to die for!
O'hana and Kona @ Polynesian - Fantastic!

Hope these help! Let us know what you decide and after the trip what you think!

bruin1344
08-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I usually eat at Epcot or Epcot resorts for dinner like Rose & Crown, Teppan Edo, LeCellier, or Cape May (Beach Club)

Never eaten TS at MK or AK

DHS - Mama Melrose and 50s Cafe are ok but i would rather go over to Epcot or the Epcot resorts for dinner.