PDA

View Full Version : Ticket price question

poohbearkris
08-05-2009, 10:47 AM
I purchased a package a few months back and only chose the option for a one day ticket because my mom who is traveling with us had extra days from our previous trip. Does anybody know if when I go to upgrade my ticket with extra days, if they will honor the price of the tickets when I bought them, or is it the current price. Thanks.

BMan62
08-05-2009, 11:07 AM
It is the price when purchased.

tys_mommy
08-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Does anybody know if when I go to upgrade my ticket with extra days, if they will honor the price of the tickets when I bought them, or is it the current price.

I've never tried it but it's my understanding that if you've activated the ticket they will honor the current price when figuring the difference in upgrading. If you have not activated the ticket then they will use the price you paid - meaning you have not saved anything.

CleveRocks
08-05-2009, 12:10 PM
tys_mommy is 100% correct.

Use your ticket first ... use it to get into any park or water park or whatever you're going to do your first day.

THEN AFTER doing so, THEN go ahead and upgrade the ticket. This will save you a few bucks.

It may not make sense to people who've never heard of this, but it doesn't have to sound like it makes sense ... it's just the way it is.

magicofdisney
08-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm not sure you can upgrade a one day ticket once you've used it to enter the park (therefor activating it-unless there's another way to activate it). I would check into that before using that ticket.

It'sWDW4me
08-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure you can upgrade a one day ticket once you've used it to enter the park (therefor activating it-unless there's another way to activate it). I would check into that before using that ticket.

I'm almost positive that Disney would be more than happy to take your money to upgrade a one-day pass to a multi-day pass after you've activated it at the park entrance and as long as you're upgrading before the end of that same day. Many people have gone to Disney "just for the day" and found out they needed another day, I'm sure.

DizneyRox
08-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm sure.
I'm positive!

CleveRocks
08-05-2009, 02:12 PM
No need to check into it. Disney allows you to add to or upgrade an already-used ticket as long as it's within 14 days of the first use of the ticket. And there is no price difference between upgrading and buying the ticket fully-loaded.

100% sure of this. Not a guess. Not my opnion. Disney fact.

poohbearkris
08-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the info - good to know. :thumbsup: