PDA

View Full Version : Don't think I want to do ADR's online...

Tinkerbella16
08-05-2009, 09:38 AM
I was really excited about upgrading our Free Dining Plan to table service dining for our upcoming November trip. I was actually going to do it online.

I went onto the site to test it out a bit, to see how it works. We aren't going till the 14th of November so I still have 10 days until I have to make ressies, so I took the day that came up at its 90-day mark today which is Nov. 3rd and tried for a few places I have in mind like Le'Cellier, T-Rex (i know its not on DDP), and some others and there is absolutely NOTHING available already at 9am!?? I'm not booking them anyway, I'm just seeing how its gonna be when we have to book ours, but I did not know it was gonna be like that. I have never been to these places and have been trying for years! I really hope I will not have this problem when its time to book ressies. The week we go is usually very slow (week before Thanksgiving and after Jersey Week). I guess its just luck!

Anybody else have trouble booking online and not being able to get any of the good restaurants? I am thinking I may have better luck calling right at 7am when my time comes to make adr's. I thought I'd never be crazy enough to get on that phone at 7am sharp just to make ADR's and now I think I have to! LOL

Wish me luck!

BMan62
08-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Understand that anything on your first day is liable to be taken by people well into their 90 + 10 visit. Your best bet would be to try for the more popular places late into your trip.

Also, understand that online reservations open at 6am, one hour before the phone lines open, so you might already be 'on the outside, looking in' by 7am.

Tinkerbella16
08-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Hmmm.. Did not think about that! I was just fooling around with it just to see what I'm in for and definately didn't think about booking the more popular places later in the trip. Good idea!

I just get worried because I've been trying for Le'Cellier for a few years now and never able to get anything. I've been wanting to try that place the most out of anywhere on property.

Can anyone tell me exactly how you are able to put in for the rest of your days of the trip? since the calendar stops right at that first day of the 90-day mark. I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

Wrigley
08-05-2009, 10:15 AM
I made our ADR's online last Friday, and really had no problems-and we were able to snag some popular restaurants. We just had to adjust our times by no more than 15 minutes. There is a spot to put in your confirmation #, that allows you to book ADR's for the duration of your trip. It was very easy to do! Good Luck!:mickey:

4boysmom
08-05-2009, 10:24 AM
When it is 90 days from the first day of your trip, the calendar will be open for ten days from that date for you to make your reservations. We go on Halloween so this past Sunday I was able to go online at 6:00 a.m. and make my ADR's for the entire week we are going to be there. Got all the ones that I wanted and was finished in about 20 minutes. Hope this helps.

satchel01
08-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Another thing, you mention looking for a 9am at places that I don't think serve breakfast. There won't be any time slots available if they're not open yet. World Showcase opens at 11am if I'm not mistaken and I don't think LeCellier serves breakfast (I bet they'd have awesome steak & eggs though if they did lol).

I just went on this morning for our trip that starts 11/3 and got all excellent time slots. We got LeCellier toward the middle of our trip at 5:25pm which is exactly what I wanted.

My advice...when it's your 90 day date, get online 5 minutes before so you can log in and get your confirmation number entered, then keep hitting refresh until your dates appear. You have to have that confirmation number entered and your trip dates pulled or you won't see those extra dates "light up". Then go for the most popular restaurants on your list first. I bet you'll have no problem getting them. Just don't wait!! We have missed out on Le Cellier for the past 2 trips because I wasn't able to call on that first available moment (it was 180 days out back then and I booked like 5 months ahead so we had already missed it).

GOOD LUCK!!:D

Tinkerbella16
08-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Another thing, you mention looking for a 9am at places that I don't think serve breakfast. There won't be any time slots available if they're not open yet. World Showcase opens at 11am if I'm not mistaken and I don't think LeCellier serves breakfast (I bet they'd have awesome steak & eggs though if they did lol).

GOOD LUCK!!:D

Sorry I meant that I was on at 9am this morning, not looking for 9am reservations.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I think I am going to try the online booking since I can start at 6am and not 7am. I just have to remember to have my confirmation # out and ready!

I feel better now! :mickey:

AmBo
08-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Your best bet would be to try for the more popular places late into your trip.

I wish I thought about this when I made my ADRs.

Le Cellier? FULL!
O'Hana? FULL!
Kona? FULL!

I had to change my entire itinerary on the fly at 7:55am on a Saturday morning. Not fun lol Thankfully I was still able to get these ADRs but for later our trip. :number1:

prprincess
08-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I used it for the first time yesterday morning, and it was fine. I was able to get everything I wanted when I wanted, except for Le Cellier (I got a late lunch/early dinner instead of dinner). Just keep trying and be patient...the hardest part was for me was being creative with my dates and times. I think it might be a bit easier if it had more of a Microsoft Outlook calendar like feel, but all and all, I like it and thought it was very convenient.

PittFan
08-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Just because they aren't available the first time you try doesn't mean that something won't become available later. I kept trying everyday and eventually I was able to book Le Cellier twice during my upcoming stay. Keep trying, it might be worth it. Good Luck !!! :mickey:

kakn7294
08-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I used it to book Narcoossee's 3 weeks before we wanted to eat there. Got my exact time without any problems. I kinda like it - no more waiting on hold forever to even get on the phone with a real person let alone have them read you that awful list of confirmation #s and rules for your chosen places. Some of those conversations could literally take an hour or more!

Aggie97
08-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Don't lose heart!

I made our resort reservation at 9:45 last night for a trip that begins in less than 90 days. I went online after that to start making ADRs, and I was pleasantly surprised at the availability -- no problems with 'Ohana, Narcoossee's, Chef Mickey's breakfast. There were slots available for every day of our trip. Granted, we do eat at off times (late breakfasts and dinners).

I was very happy to be able to make ADRs for myself, after WDW phone reservations had closed for the day!

My only complaint: I feel the design of the online system makes it a bit awkward to change the day of the week and time slot in which you are interested. :mickey:

Tinkerbella16
08-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Don't lose heart!

I made our resort reservation at 9:45 last night for a trip that begins in less than 90 days. I went online after that to start making ADRs, and I was pleasantly surprised at the availability -- no problems with 'Ohana, Narcoossee's, Chef Mickey's breakfast. There were slots available for every day of our trip. Granted, we do eat at off times (late breakfasts and dinners).

I was very happy to be able to make ADRs for myself, after WDW phone reservations had closed for the day!

My only complaint: I feel the design of the online system makes it a bit awkward to change the day of the week and time slot in which you are interested. :mickey:

Oh I am not losing heart!! :D
My 90-day mark to make ADR's hasn't even come yet, I was just getting a little worried when I tried to feel out the online booking today. Just wanted to see others experiences with it.

I believe we are going for Le'Cellier, 50's Primetime, T-Rex, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace and a few others we haven't chosen quite yet because its gonna be a group of us going. I'll be the one getting on there at 6am though to do the adr's...yay!!

DisneyPrincess21
08-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I'll be the one getting on there at 6am though to do the adr's...yay!!

I know how you feel, I will also be the one getting up at 6am to do our adr's. I also stayed up all night to be on the phone at 7am to book our vacation package at CBR with free dining when it was released to the public. I told the CM on the phone that I hadn't slept all night because part of it was that I was worried I would sleep through my alarm (even though that has never happened in my life, I didn't want to risk it and have it be the one time it happened LOL) And the other reason I couldn't sleep was because "I was too excited to sleep". He laughed and after we got done booking the vacation package he said "okay now you can go to sleep!" LOL

Belster
08-05-2009, 10:47 PM
I made our October ADRs online and loved it!! I live in Illinois so I went on at 5:15 A.M. and got everything that I wanted. See below:

1.Coral Reef
2.Ohana
3.Chef Mickey
4. Le Cellieur
5.Hoop de Doo
6.Sci-Fi
7.50's Prime Time

Good luck!!

raider97
08-07-2009, 11:12 AM
T-Rex takes reservations 180 days out. Call the restaurant directly. Here is the #407-828-8739 I got one for my late December trip last week.

Hope that helps.

Stephanie

Dsnygirl
08-07-2009, 11:26 AM
:ditto: to what the PP said about T-Rex... I called them at 90 days out, and got an easy ressie for our trip in October.

Also, when you go online at 6am on your 90day mark, you should have no trouble doing your whole trip... the calendar will open up for you for the next 10 days, it just doesn't do that before your 90-day mark. I was even able to make all my ressies for our 10-day trip at day 90, and we're doing a split stay! Technically, I should have only been able to do ressies for the first 5 days, as we check out and back in somewhere else 5 days into our trip... but I was able to all 10 days, so I think you'll be fine.

Like you, I had a bunch of popular restaurant choices, and we had chosen them for later on in the trip... just by accident. So, that may be why we got them all -- so I bet you'll be fine, if you're willing to move a few of them to later days.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
08-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah, we haven't sat down and figured out which days yet, we are doing that 2 days before I make ADR's.

Well as it turns out, I will not be booking online adrs after all. I didn't know that if you had 8 or more at a table you had to call them in. We'll have at least 11 at each place we go to, so I guess its easier since its so many of us.

And I will be doing the popular ones towards the end of the trip, just for that purpose! I'll most likely have a better chance of getting what we want.

sacandjac
08-07-2009, 01:25 PM
I did the same thing as you-checking out places for availability a week or so before I was able to book-there was no availability any where. I was freaking out a little! The morning that was my day to make my adr's I got up at 0500 am and was on the computer by 0503 am. I had everything I wanted at the times I wanted by 0520 am. Great experience and no problems. On-line ADR's open at 600 Eastern-so 0500 central for me.

Yak and Yeti
Ohana
Plaza
Le Cellier
Chef Mickey's

BPATSMouse
08-08-2009, 02:14 AM
Was able to move our September trip lunch time at Le Cellier to Dinner using the online system by trying everyday for about 2 weeks. It was 49 days from our trip the day it happened. Keep trying it seems something pop's up if you are persistant.

Birdie757
08-08-2009, 06:54 AM
I just did our ADR's this morning at 6am sharp. I was finished at 10 after 6. I got a dinner at Le Cellier, and dinner at CRT both at 5pm! We have NEVER gotten into Le Cellier before.

Yesterday while I was "practicing" at the reservations website around 9pm I was able to find two lunch reservations for 90 days out at Le Cellier (1:30 and 12:30).

DisneyFr33k
08-08-2009, 07:39 AM
I was very scared to book online too. I did as you did and went online before to see what was available. Everything was booked and it made me very nervous.

The night before my 90 day mark, I called the dining line and made sure I had registered and all was set. I had a to call twice as the first person didn't know much about the online process.

I was up at 5:30 am on the BIG day. At 6am I was allowed to log in and our first day there +10 freed up for booking. I got EVERYTHING I wanted within 10 minutes, then right as I clicked submit for confirmation numbers, my computer crashed. Then, I relogged in and did them all again - getting everything yet again within 5-10 minutes of my original reservation.

So, don't be discouraged. Testing the system out later in the day isn't a good test of if you'll get what you want. Everyone has already flooded the internet/phone lines to get what they wanted.

Good luck and let us know if you get everything. We'll keep our fingers crossed! :fingers: