PDA

View Full Version : What’s the earliest check-in allowed?

Neo Fender
08-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Will be checking out of one hotel (airport) and taking DME to Pop one morning. Might have some perishables with us. Assuming there is a room available at Pop that isn’t awaiting guests to checkout, what’s the earliest anyone has been able to check in?

Thanks.

Strmchsr
08-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Generally 7 am is the earliest check-in time.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-05-2009, 10:23 AM
The earliest we've even gotten into our room is 10:30am.

thumperbug
08-05-2009, 10:27 AM
7 am is correct for check in time, if your room is ready you can get in right away. Otherwise you can still check in and you can either call later to see when your room is ready or sign up for the cell phone text notification when your room is ready.

If your perishables are not too many, bell services might be able to store them for you in their fridge.

Scar
08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I once checked in at 6:20 AM.

Room wasn't ready until 5:30 PM. :mad:

TheRustyScupper
08-05-2009, 11:52 AM
1) Actually, you can check-in at 6:01am.
2) Whether your room is ready or not.

NOTE: Before 6:00am, it is considered the night before, and you get charged for an extra night. At one time, people used to drive all night to WDW and check-in at 3:00am-5:00am before hitting the parks, They basically got a free night. WDW put a stop to this in, I believe, 1998.

Strmchsr
08-05-2009, 12:17 PM
1) Actually, you can check-in at 6:01am.
2) Whether your room is ready or not.[/I]

For some reason that seems to vary. Generally we drive overnight and arrive at our resort around 6 am most times. Once I was allowed to check in early (around 6:20 or 6:30 like Scar mentioned), but the other times I've had to wait until pretty close to 7, if not right at 7. Don't know why the difference, because the early check-in happened after I had previously had to wait until close to 7.

Mousemates
08-05-2009, 12:50 PM
For some reason that seems to vary. Generally we drive overnight and arrive at our resort around 6 am most times. Once I was allowed to check in early (around 6:20 or 6:30 like Scar mentioned), but the other times I've had to wait until pretty close to 7, if not right at 7. Don't know why the difference, because the early check-in happened after I had previously had to wait until close to 7.

We've had some similar experiences driving down (overnight) from east tennessee...and not being able to check in until a bit later (than six). however, we've never actually gotten our room anywhere near that early...so we tend to check in, get the resevation number to call, and head off to a water park for me to snooze in the shade while my well-rested family hits the water.

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Do you notify the resort ahead of time that you'll be arriving early, and request early check in?

Or do you just show up smiling and hope for the best?

Strmchsr
08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Do you notify the resort ahead of time that you'll be arriving early, and request early check in?

Or do you just show up smiling and hope for the best?

You just show up whenever you get there. Notifying them of an early check in doesn't do any good if someone is checking out of your assigned room that day. If you need to get into a room immediately and your assigned one isn't ready then you can ask for an available room and they can sometimes change you into that one right away.

magicofdisney
08-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Last year I checked in around 8:00a and my room was ready. That was super nice getting the room that early. :mickey:

Tick-Tock
08-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Checked into POP one morning at 6:15 and the desk clerk kindly moved us to a room that was ready. We had luggage with us (rental car didn't have a trunk to leave it in) and Bell Services didn't open until 7, so we would have been waiting around had she not switched rooms for us.