PDA

View Full Version : Menu Question

cmshelton1979
08-04-2009, 10:55 PM
I was curious, every year do the menu's generally stay the same?? I was there in Aug 08 and they had different (better food) than when I was back in May. For example, AP had buffalo steak in Aug, but not in May. I know at CG some of the food was different too.

I am just curious if they switch things up or if they generally follow the same course, year in and year out.

My wife loved the August food much better than the May. I thought the August food was great, but I can't say I can complain about the May food.

We are planning a trip for either May 2010 or Aug 2010.

Seasonscraps
08-04-2009, 11:02 PM
The menus can really change at any time. I don't think there's a rhyme or reason to when.

Using Artist Point as an example: I recall checking out the menu a while ago (prior to 5/08) and they served buffalo steak but then you say it wasn't there in May 08 but came back a couple of months later.

cmshelton1979
08-04-2009, 11:07 PM
The menus can really change at any time. I don't think there's a rhyme or reason to when.

Using Artist Point as an example: I recall checking out the menu a while ago (prior to 5/08) and they served buffalo steak but then you say it wasn't there in May 08 but came back a couple of months later.

It was actually Aug 08 then I went back in May 09 and they didn't have it. I didnt know if they had seasonal menu's or what.

Seasonscraps
08-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Oooops, I mixed up the dates. That makes more sense - I have found the menus selections have been downgraded across the board over the past couple years. As long as the dining plan is available, I do not see Disney making any improvements to the current menus.

cmshelton1979
08-04-2009, 11:16 PM
When we were there we were told at AP they were bringing the Buffalo back later in the Summer. I am just using AP as a reference because it's really the only place I can remember the difference at.

On this last trip my wife was pregnant but did not know and she didn't care for the food as much as last time. I told her I thought it just might be the fact she was pregnant and not really because the food was lesser. I enjoyed my food plenty lol.

We were also there in May when it rained non-stop for our trip. It rained like 7/9 days we were there, and before we arrived it had not rained it like 20+ days. I think that put a sour taste in her mouth too (I wasn't happy about it, but I love Disney and will give May a second chance if I can talk her into it)

Seasonscraps
08-04-2009, 11:26 PM
I was there during crazy rain like that -- it really takes the enjoyment out of doing things after a while. Ironically, that was during an August trip. My trips in May have for the most part been enjoyable weather wise.

I hope your buffalo steak comes back. Over the years, quite a few of my favorites have disappeared from the menus and never to be seen again. :(

cmshelton1979
08-04-2009, 11:35 PM
I was there during crazy rain like that -- it really takes the enjoyment out of doing things after a while. Ironically, that was during an August trip. My trips in May have for the most part been enjoyable weather wise.

I hope your buffalo steak comes back. Over the years, quite a few of my favorites have disappeared from the menus and never to be seen again. :(

I hope that's not the case. My wife will be crushed, its her favorite thing there.

The rain was more of an annoyance than anything. We put on our ponchos and dealt with it, I mean what else can you do? I didn't spend 4k to come sit in my resort and sleep while it rains......I just hated wearing my poncho, I was so glad to throw it in the trash when we left.