PDA

View Full Version : Moms Panel accepting applications

LottaLubes
08-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Hello fellow Intercotees: for those interested, just wanted to let you know that the Disney Moms Panel will be accepting applications next month for new members.

I'm sure it will be announced to Mickey Moms Club members and other avenues, and if interested, I can post here once the application process is open.

Good luck to everyone who applies!

ILoveLegos
08-04-2009, 08:17 PM
:mickey:
Wow! Can't believe it's that time again ... so tell us LottaLubes, how has the experience of serving on the Mickey Mom's Club been?
Any words of inspiration for those of us who will try out for a spot next month?

LottaLubes
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Actually, I'm a member of the Mickey Moms Club but serving on the Disney Moms Panel. :mickey: But the journey has been incredible! It's been way more than I ever anticipated and it started from the moment I was selected and continues every day. One of my personal highlights happened during our training trip last December when panelist Cathy was selected to stay in Cinderella suite. She was super generous and selected 5 additional names out of a hat and I was one of them. What better place to have a slumber party with friends you've just met? LOL

Probably the best part of the entire experience is the people I've met...especially my fellow panelists. We are in touch daily and we do feel like a happy family together.

In addition to the training trip, there are PR opportunities where Moms will be flown down for a mini PR trip. The Disney leaders are very good about roatating the Moms (and Dad!) in and out so everyone eventually gets a turn.

And of course you all know there is a reward trip involved, I will be taking mine in December and I've decided to stay at the Grand Floridian.

I think if you are interested in this opportunity you should apply! What do you have to lose? I do know what it's like to apply and not be selected as this happened to me the first time around. Made it to the top 26...but it wasn't good enough. Things happen for a reason.

As far as advice, just be yourself. Don't try and write what you think Disney wants you to write, they are looking for applications that stand out. I can remember when I applied last year I was trying to answer one of the questions so perfectly. But my first two ideas that I thought they'd like didn't fit nicely into 100 words. So I basically gave up and just typed from the heart and I think that helps.

Anyway, wishing you all the best of luck! Diane L

ILoveLegos
08-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Diane,

Thanks for the advice & incite - the Mom's Panel sounds like a wonderful opportunity! I'm planning to "throw my hat in the ring" this year for a third time, hey - you never know! :mickey:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
08-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Please let us know when it is open.

mouseketeer mom
08-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the update! I am looking forward to applying again!

elmjimmlm
08-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I think that its great that you had a great experience with it...I want to try again but I have not ever gone anywhere with it after the application part of it...Are you able to do it again or do they leave it for new Moms every year?

swampfox28
08-10-2009, 01:14 AM
I've never even heard of this, but I'm very intrigued...!

I'm a MOM and I love DISNEY; would anyone mind telling me a bit more about this interesting club? THANKS so much!

-Sarah

Hayden's Dad
08-10-2009, 10:42 AM
How do you apply for the panel? I would love the opportunity. Thanks :mickey:

pixiesmimi
08-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Got an email from the Mickey Mom's Club today about the Illuminations Party on the 23rd. Sure wish they hadn't waited so long to put this out. We are going to be down there on the 23rd but have dinner reservations at MK that night. :( Bummer! If we had known before making our ADRs we might have been able to arrange this. I would love to attend and meet others in this group.:sad:

TheVBs
08-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Is the Moms Club the same as the Moms Panel that answers questions, or are they two different things? Is there a link to join? Thanks! :mickey:

BMan62
08-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Is the Moms Club the same as the Moms Panel that answers questions, or are they two different things? Is there a link to join? Thanks! :mickey:

The Moms Club consists of those who were not selected to be on the Moms Panel. I believe that it is all those who made it past the first round of the application process.

LandFan
08-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Got an email from the Mickey Mom's Club today about the Illuminations Party on the 23rd. Sure wish they hadn't waited so long to put this out. We are going to be down there on the 23rd but have dinner reservations at MK that night. :( Bummer! If we had known before making our ADRs we might have been able to arrange this. I would love to attend and meet others in this group.:sad:

I got the invite too! I am lucky as I happened to have booked an early BOMA dinner that night and we were at AK that day so we do happen to have the night open after dinner and we can attend. How cool! Something for free at Disney... that doesn't happen very often (besides the magic, of course)!

TheVBs
08-12-2009, 01:26 PM
The Moms Club consists of those who were not selected to be on the Moms Panel. I believe that it is all those who made it past the first round of the application process.

Thanks! How will I know when they're accepting applications? Is there a site I can keep checking?

pixiesmimi
08-12-2009, 03:56 PM
I got the invite too! I am lucky as I happened to have booked an early BOMA dinner that night and we were at AK that day so we do happen to have the night open after dinner and we can attend. How cool! Something for free at Disney... that doesn't happen very often (besides the magic, of course)!

I went online to RSVP today and it said the site was no longer taking submissions. It was supposed to be good through Aug. 16th. Guess they filled up quickly. I was going to decline because of our other plans but was going to tell them why and hope that if they do this again, they give a little more notice since most people have already planned everything this close to the date. Still sad we can't go. :(

LottaLubes
08-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Hello everyone...sorry - I haven't been near a computer too much over the last couple of days.

Just to clarify - the Mickey Moms Club is for anyone who applies to be on the Moms Panel (whether you make it or not). It does seem like the party filled up quickly and I will share feedback that you would like to see this happen again.

Second - the date has not yet been announced on when applications will be accepted. All we were told is 'next month' so hopefully more news will be coming out soon. I believe there will be a link off of the Moms Panel site, similar to last year. Just to be safe, I will post back here when the application process opens just to be sure everyone knows.

Good luck! Diane L

pixiesmimi
08-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks! The party must have really been limited in number because I find it hard to believe that many people were going to be down there that particular week and didn't already have plans for dinner, etc. in that time frame. Maybe I'm wrong. But if they have something like this again, it would be nice to have a little heads up before so plans can be changed if we want. I would love to meet some of the members. Looking forward to applying again for the panel.:thumbsup:

Tinktwin
08-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Diane,
Thanks so much for the information. I am really excited, and nervous, about applying again. Good luck to everyone!:mickey:

Alligirl
08-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks Diane!!! I would love to apply for this! I always seem to just miss the application date! I guess September is a little busy. :mickey:

LottaLubes
08-21-2009, 12:10 PM
More info can be found here...good luck everyone!

www.disneyworldmoms.com/2010

Alligirl
08-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks Diane!

TheVBs
08-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Thank you! Will the application link be on that page after the 10th? :mickey:

MinnieMommie
09-02-2009, 06:04 PM
The Search for the 2010 Mom's Panel will begin September 10th 2009. It will run until September 20th or until 20,000 applications are received. Please see below link for details and good luck fellow Intercotees! :pixie:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/genericcontent/message?destinationPage=MomsPanel2010

RockChalkKimball
09-02-2009, 07:48 PM
I am supposed to be in conference at the time the window will open up. And, I won't have internet access!! I am hoping I can do it from my blackberry:thumbsup:
I know it will take about 10 minutes to get 20,000 applications.

Hayden's Dad
09-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm going to apply too. I think it would be an awesome experience! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Here we go again! 3rd times the charm right!!??

1st time got to be ne of 4 backup finalists and part of Mickey Moms Club.
2nd time made it to round 2 and then I lost focus and my heart wasn't in it.

This time, I'll be in the thick of it!

I'll be saying my prayers tonight and putting on my writing hat tomorrow!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Alligirl
09-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Ok so is it just me or are those three little questions scary?? You think yeah easy question, 100 words, no problem....hah! Good Luck everyone!!!

Patricia
09-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Good Luck everyone!

It's 5:48 in Kelowna... I have my coffee, bring on the questions.

Patricia
09-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Whew.. done.

Jenemmy
09-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Here's hoping third times a charm! Just finished my app -- best of luck to all. Go Intercoters!!!!:thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Hoping that the 3rd time i a charm for me too! Just finished my entry.....

I read it, over and over and over.... please Mickey - pick me!!!:fingers:

NOW ALL THE WAITING!!!:drama:

May the force be with all of us!! :yoda:

Patricia
09-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Shoot, now I'm starting to think of all the things I could have added. Happens every time.. lol.

SBETigg
09-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Best wishes to all! I can't wait to hear who gets called back. :mickey:

wilcat
09-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Just sent my app in. I hope more fellow Intercotee's get chosen for the 2010 session. I really really hope one of them is me (ha, ha):blush:. But seriously good luck to everyone who applys.

prprincess
09-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Just applied for a 3rd time as well, and tried a different strategy so maybe it'll work!

Before I was writing up things I thought they wanted to read, but this time around I just wrote from the heart.

Good luck to all!!!!

Jenemmy
09-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Just applied for a 3rd time as well, and tried a different strategy so maybe it'll work!

Before I was writing up things I thought they wanted to read, but this time around I just wrote from the heart.

Good luck to all!!!!

Me too -- last year, i went so far as to pen all my answers to the tune of a Disney song. How much of a DORK am I??? LOL. I thought it would get me noticed, but it didn't get me jack.......I just clicked on the link and answered with the first thing that came into my head.

Disneymom4ever
09-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Wow, done here as well. You would think it's just 3 simple questions, but those are tough, especially when you don't really know what they're looking for. Good luck to us all! :mickey:

KylesMom
09-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Did anyone else notice that when you logged in, it didn't identify you? I submitted, but it didn't show me as logged in, and I haven't gotten a confirming e-mail as in years past . . .

BMan62
09-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Did anyone else notice that when you logged in, it didn't identify you? I submitted, but it didn't show me as logged in, and I haven't gotten a confirming e-mail as in years past . . .

I don't know about that...I got my confirmation almost immediately.

KylesMom
09-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks, Bud. At least I know that I should have gotten an e-mail. I tried to get back on from my work computer here, but it says that I've already submitted an entry - it won't even let me log in. Grrrr - I guess I'll check the site tonight & see if I can re-submit. I thought it was funny when the site didn't say, "Hello, Carol!" at login. :(

prprincess
09-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Did anyone else notice that when you logged in, it didn't identify you? I submitted, but it didn't show me as logged in, and I haven't gotten a confirming e-mail as in years past . . .I thought it was just me and that I'd logged into the wrong account. But I have yet to receive an email confirmation as well. Hmmm...

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I received my confirmation almost immediately as well. Thing is, when I signed in, it still didn't say hello Jennifer.

check your junk mail!!!

I'm trying not to think about it but, i can't help thinking about it.

I don't remember reading it but, how many panelists are they looking for this year? I know they increased the number from 12 to 16 last year.

If they had picked 16 the first year, I would have been a panelist!!!!! Instead, I was just a runner up!

LottaLubes - Do you get to stay on the panel or is it like Ms USA where you have to give up your crown?

prprincess
09-10-2009, 03:35 PM
check your junk mail!!! Checked, and nope, nada.

I did try to re-apply, and it does say that I've already applied--I just hope that they got my application!

RockChalkKimball
09-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah! I had internet and was able to post. 300 words is just not enough to adequately talk about WDW!!

RockChalkKimball
09-10-2009, 04:40 PM
My internet was really slow, so I hit submit again. I ended up getting two confirmations. I hope that doubles my chances:thumbsup:
Knowing my luck it will eliminate me. I applied the first time, but missed the second one. Best of luck to all and let's hope the intercotees have a good showing:party:

mouseketeer mom
09-10-2009, 05:11 PM
I was really happy with all my responses, then I hit submit. Then they said I was over word limit by 18 in my expertise section. I was not. I was at 99 words. Not 118. How annoying. I tried everything over and over, and finally I reduced my answer....oh well. Hope it flys.

elmjimmlm
09-10-2009, 05:18 PM
I know that the email said that they would not contact you if you didn't make it but does anyone know when the decision will be made? I know that most likely I won't be chosen but I would like to know when the others will be...

LottaLubes
09-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Hello everyone! Just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best of luck. I know this is an exciting time and I enjoy reading all your posts (although I will admit it is much less stressful from the other side)!

Good luck! Diane L

TikiGoddess
09-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Jennifer, to answer your question -- they're picking 10 people this time around. Out of 20,000.... yikes.

I spent a couple hours thinking about and writing my responses. 100 words is so little! But I'm happy with what I wrote. Now for the wait. I'm going to try and put it out of my mind for the next couple of weeks. I heard it took about a month to hear about the first round winners last time, am I right?

Kathy

TheVBs
09-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Put in my application! :mickey: How quickly do you find out if you've made it to the next round? How many rounds are there?

TheVBs
09-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Got my application in, it's my first! :mickey: It didn't take me too long. I tried to give responses that were the first to come to mind. I think I used all 100 words in at least 2 sections, 99 in the 3rd. I could have easily written more!

Best of luck to everyone! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
09-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Sent mine in this morning, after being up all night working... REALLY hoping I said the right things and came across the way I hoped to!! ;)

Realized this afternoon after I got up that in the first essay, the one all about you and your family, I told them everything EXCEPT where we're from!! HOW did I miss that one?? (Oh yeah, being up all night... :blush:) Probably doesn't matter all that much, as your location doesn't really tell them that much about who you are... but still! Silly thing to miss...

Good luck to everyone... and is anyone else wondering why they dropped the number of panelists they're looking for so low?? That's too bad...

pianobabe
09-10-2009, 09:18 PM
I did it, I can't believe it. I have wanted to apply for the past couple of years, but just never did for various reasons. Now, all that is left is waiting.:fingers::wait: Good luck everyone.

magicofdisney
09-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Realized this afternoon after I got up that in the first essay, the one all about you and your family, I told them everything EXCEPT where we're from!!

LOL because I did the same exact thing. But I hope you're right and that it shouldn't really matter. :mickey:

Suz36
09-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Submitted mine this morning! I had to go to my mom's to use her computer because mine was acting up at the time :mad: but got it done. Just out of curiousity, what did the second round entail, for those who made it through?

ILoveLegos
09-11-2009, 09:55 AM
I applied this year for the 3rd time, I figure besides having a slim chance at the panel - I have to keep my Mickey Mom's Club credentials up - my car magnet is looking a little frumpy, LOL!

Best wishes to everyone entering this year!!! :mickey:

Hayden's Dad
09-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Both my wife and I sent in applications this year. Good luck to everyone! :mickey:

pixiesmimi
09-11-2009, 10:33 AM
I forgot about doing this yesterday. Thank goodness I saw it this morning. I applied at 5:45 a.m. and got a confirmation right away. I was afraid they would already be full by the time I got to it. I always have a problem knowing what to say in 100 words or less. I think the last question was the hardest. Looks like they might be looking for someone with blogging, foreign language, journalism, etc. experience.

Jenemmy
09-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Hmmmm -- I didn't put where I was from on mine, either.....never even thought about it. Although, with only 100 words to use, I kinda doubt I would have used up a word to say "Ohio" -- LOL

sleepingbooty
09-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I applied this morning. I thought about saying where I was from, I figured I wouldn't waste the words on it. They have that info from your account anyway.

I think the website said they will be emailing the finalists the week of November 10th? Or maybe it was the week of November 1st? Definitely in early November. I know we'll all be on pins and needles. Good luck everyone!:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-11-2009, 01:34 PM
LOL because I did the same exact thing. But I hope you're right and that it shouldn't really matter. :mickey:

I don't think it does because the first time, I made it as a semi-finalist and never said anything about where we lived until the phone interview.

the 2nd time around, I never mentioned it and made it to round 2.

I didn't mention it again either!

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Good luck to everyone... and is anyone else wondering why they dropped the number of panelists they're looking for so low?? That's too bad...

Maybe its so low because they're keeping the current and past finalists on for next year???

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Just out of curiousity, what did the second round entail, for those who made it through?

The 2nd round is much like the first. You have 3 questions to complete. But, instead of competing against 20,000 people, there is onl like 100 or less... i actually think it was like 50 or so they picked for round 2. Then the 3rd round was a phone interview. There were only 26 or something like that when I made it as an alternate the first year. There were 12 panelist chosen and 4 alternates. That's the closest I got to my dream:cloud9:

But, I was the first Mickey Mom ever featured in the newsletter!!!! I have the article framed in my office! And silly me, I saved and printed out every email I received from Disney and the Marketing agency... heehee.... yes, I am a dork.

Patricia
09-11-2009, 05:18 PM
You didn't need to log in to apply. If you did need to, it would have asked you to.

I didn't bother to log in and received a "Dear Patricia" email right away. I recall some emails coming in days later last time. The email is from Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online.. check your trash and junk mail.

5fromabove
09-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone lots of luck and pixie dust :magic: :pixie:

I, too, am hoping that the 3rd time is the charm. I was a semi-finalist in '08, finalist in '09...and am dreaming of the possibilities in '10. :cloud9:

For those wondering about the timeframe: Last year I applied on 9/8, received news of round 2 on 10/7 and became a finalist on 10/23. I believe the phone calls were the last week of October...and that was the most nerve-wracking part for me. Oh, what I'd have given to have had a "do over". I believe in "meant to be" though, and am SO happy for everyone who made it last year. This year, I believe they are looking to make their final selections the first week of November (if I remember correctly).

:) Best of luck to ALL of us :)

BelleKP
09-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I submitted my application just now . . . I was surprised that they hadn't filled the 20,000 quota yet. Maybe it was a sign :fingers:, they were waiting for my application :D
Good luck to everyone. :thumbsup:

Alligirl
09-17-2009, 11:07 PM
So, I wonder if they are still taking applications?

TikiGoddess
10-03-2009, 10:10 AM
So, the applications were open until the last day -- the number might be less than 20,000! And if all follows last year's plan, we should be hearing (or not hearing) who goes on to round 2 in the next week!

I'm trying to not be hopeful, seeing the odds... but you never know...

Kathy

Alligirl
10-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Ahhhhhhhh! I am trying not to think about it! I also applied for a job at DD2D (Disney's Doorway to Dreams) and havent heard anything yet, but I jump every time the phone rings! LOL:blush:

pixiesmimi
10-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Anyone know if they email you or call? If they call, do you know from what number? I get toll free calls all the time but don't answer them unless I know who it is because of all the telemarketers calling every day even though we have a do not call for telemarketers in with the government. So I would hate to miss a call because I didn't know it was from Disney. Maybe it would come up Disney on Caller ID? Any previous winners know the answer to this?

Jenemmy
10-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Anyone know if they email you or call? If they call, do you know from what number? I get toll free calls all the time but don't answer them unless I know who it is because of all the telemarketers calling every day even though we have a do not call for telemarketers in with the government. So I would hate to miss a call because I didn't know it was from Disney. Maybe it would come up Disney on Caller ID? Any previous winners know the answer to this?

I could be wrong, because I have never made it past round 1, but I believe you are notified via e-mail if you made it on to round 2. (and, you are also notified if you DON'T make it to round 2). It is the third round that is phone interviews and it seems to me that those are scheduled in advance.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-05-2009, 09:54 PM
I could be wrong, because I have never made it past round 1, but I believe you are notified via e-mail if you made it on to round 2. (and, you are also notified if you DON'T make it to round 2). It is the third round that is phone interviews and it seems to me that those are scheduled in advance.

For round 2, you get notfied by email that you've made it to the next round. In the email, it tells you what your next step is for round 2 and a link to all the info.

For the final round, you get an email that you made it and that someone will be contacting you via phone to schedule a phone interview.

After the phone interview, they call you to tell you yes or no. At least the first time, they called me to tell me that I didn't make it but, that I was a first runner up and they wanted to know if they could contact me about other opportunities. (HELLLOOOO!!! OF COURSE THEY CAN!!!!!!!) A little while later,I got a call about becoming the first Mom featured in the Mickey Mom's club.

Oh please let this be our year.

ILoveLegos
10-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Rumor mill is buzzing, maybe today the second round notifications will go out???!!! :secret:

Dsnygirl
10-13-2009, 11:20 AM
:mickey: I'm hearing today is the day, supposedly the e'mails are going out "soon". Good luck everyone!! :fingers:

ILoveLegos
10-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Unofficial update, on another Disney "fan" website, people are posting that they have been selected. Any good news for us Intercoters? :mickey:

ILoveLegos
10-13-2009, 01:48 PM
The E-mails are out, congratulations to all the official 2nd rounders!

:mickey:

prprincess
10-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Just opened my email box--I made it! I'm so nervous I'm afraid to click on the link to answer the next set of questions!! Plus, they are setting up phone interviews the week I'm at WDW--I guess I'll have to take my laptop with me so that I can wait for the email!

Wish me luck!!!:mickey:

DisneyDudet
10-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Congrats!

I applied, pretty much knowing that I wouldn't be selected. I am not a mom, but a young single woman. Hopefully, in the next few years, they'll want that type of person on the panel!

Again, congrats to all of those who made it to the second round! :number1:

ILoveLegos
10-13-2009, 03:28 PM
prprincess, :yay: & :congrats:
Best Wishes on the third round responses!

BMan62
10-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Hopefully we will see a spate of INTERCOTEES messages saying that they have been selected.

I have not received an e-mail, so I am assuming that I did not make the cut. That's OK, though. Good luck to all my INTERCOT bretheren who do get selected!!!

Alligirl
10-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Oh My Gosh!!!!!:D I got the email!! Made it to round two!!!! I am soooo excited!
Congrats Prprincess & I agree it is scary opening the link, did you open it yet?
Also I have to get an appointment to have my hair done since they want me to submit a photo! LOL

LottaLubes
10-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Congrats to both of you and I wish you both luck on the next round!!

TikiGoddess
10-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Congrats to our two Intercotees! I didn't hear anything today but that's fine... I'll root on any I'cot folk who make it!

Kathy

DisneyAggies
10-13-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm in too!! On my birthday, of all days!!

Dsnygirl
10-13-2009, 08:13 PM
:mickey: Congrats to all who have made it so far... I didn't, but that's okay -- I'll just try again next year! Good luck to everyone as you head into round 2!! :mickey:

prprincess
10-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Congrats Prprincess & I agree it is scary opening the link, did you open it yet?
Also I have to get an appointment to have my hair done since they want me to submit a photo! LOLI finally did, yes. And I'm drafting/thinking through my answers now. But I've been a bundle of nerves since I opened the email this afternoon!

I don't know what to do about the headshot because I have very few pictures of me. I may try and get someone to get pictures of me before the deadline

But congrats to you and to DisneyAggies, too!!!

Basket Mommy
10-13-2009, 08:50 PM
I got an email today, too! I already submitted my answers. I just went with the first things that popped into my head, re-read them for editing, attached a picture of me that was a fairly decent shot and sent it in. I didn't want to agonize over my answers or think about it too much. I hope I make it to the next round, but if not, I'll try again next year. I'm just excited to have made it this far! My palms were sweating as I was responding to the 3 questions today. Made me nervous, but excited!

elmjimmlm
10-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Just got my rejection letter...Maybe next year...:(

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-13-2009, 09:32 PM
I got my "thanks for applying" email today. Oh well, it was fun applying and I love the cute little certificate links they sent :mickey:

5fromabove
10-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Congrats to those who have made it!! :) :party:

I, too, received my notification that I made it to Round 2!!! :party:

I've decided to give myself the night to sleep on the questions, and start working on them tomorrow :)

I barely have any photos of myself (I'm always the one behind the camera) ;) So, I'll have to figure that out, too.

Woo hoo...here's to believing in the beauty of our dreams :)

prprincess
10-13-2009, 09:41 PM
I, too, received my notification that I made it to Round 2!!! :party:
Wow, five of us Intercotees so far! That's amazing! I think it's a good sign! :thumbsup:

TheVBs
10-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Congratulations to everyone who made it to round 2!! :mickey:

I got an email today too. I didn't make it to round 2, but that's ok. I wouldn't have even known to try if it weren't for all of you. And, I'm now a member of the Mom's Club! :mickey:

wilcat
10-14-2009, 08:33 AM
:congrats:First I want to congratulate all those fellow Intercotee's that have made it to round two and wish that each one of you gets picked for the panel. :thumbsup: I was very sad this morning when I got the standard denied email. I did want to ask if everyone on the panel so far has had children and if it is worth applying if you are one of the unlucky ones that were not able to have children?

pixiesmimi
10-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Congratulations to everyone selected so far! :thumbsup: I got my rejection email last night. :( Bummer! Guess they don't want Disney "Grandmoms" but I'm just glad that my fellow Intercotees are being chosen. Way to go! Good luck!

Dsnygirl
10-14-2009, 08:53 AM
I did want to ask if everyone on the panel so far has had children and if it is worth applying if you are one of the unlucky ones that were not able to have children?

I do believe there are current and past panelists that don't have children... there are dad's, too... so I don't think anything like that rules you out.

One thing I have noticed, though, is the number of trips playing a part in the selection... between this board and another Disney board, it seems most of the current panelists and those recently chosen for Round 2 are people who have been a whole host of times, certainly more than 10 or so trips.

I may be wrong, so correct me if I am -- not that I'm beyond making sure I step up the frequency of my trips, if that ups my chances!! :D :blush:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-14-2009, 09:01 AM
:pout: :crying: I didn't make it to round 2 this time... the 3rd time wasn't the charm for me! Maybe next year will be my year.

No matter... I'll still cheer for my fellow Intercotees! You all must post here so that I can live vicariously through you! :thumbsup:

Good luck everyone!

SBETigg
10-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Wow, so many finalists! Wonderful news! Congratulations and best wishes for you all to make the panel.

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Hayden's Dad
10-14-2009, 09:25 AM
I was selected for Round 2! They want to send me the email the week of the second when I am down in Florida looking for a house. My only concern is getting the week off in December for training. I am starting a new job and I don't want to cause to many waves. We will play it by ear though.

prprincess
10-14-2009, 09:45 AM
They want to send me the email the week of the second when I am down in Florida looking for a house. I was concerned about the timing of this too, since I'm at WDW that week and usually don't take my laptop with me. But when I went into the page to look at the essay questions, I did see that it said we'd get an email around 10/27, prior to the 11/2 email, so we should both be fine.

And congrats, to you too!!

BelleKP
10-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Congrats to all those that made it to round two!
I'm very jealous as I, like many others, received the 'thanks, but no thanks' email today. :(
I'll try again next year . .. but for now I will look forward to hearing about the success of my fellow Intercotees! :thumbsup:
Good luck! :pixie:

KylesMom
10-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Yay, Team INTERCOT! :yay:This is really exciting to read how many of you were selected to move into the second round. Please keep us all posted! :mickey:

5fromabove
10-14-2009, 03:52 PM
I was selected for Round 2! They want to send me the email the week of the second when I am down in Florida looking for a house. My only concern is getting the week off in December for training. I am starting a new job and I don't want to cause to many waves. We will play it by ear though.

Yay!! :congrats: I'm so happy for you :)

Patricia
10-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Wow! So many I-Cotties! I love that.

Congratulations to all of you!
:mjump:

I won't be moving on to round 2, but I'll be following your progress.

LottaLubes
10-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Wow! Lots of you moving on! Congratulations to you all! If you make it past this round there is only one left - the phone interviews! I can't wait to see how this all pans out. Wishing you all the best!

barbiegirl314
10-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Congratulations to all who got selected for round two!!!

I got the "denied" e-mail but I didn't even know about it until reading about it here a couple of months ago. I will be trying again next year.

I'm excited to be apart of the mom's club, except when I tried the link it's denying me access :( . Hopefully I still get the e-mails and updates for it.

Joannelet
10-16-2009, 11:22 AM
I too cannot access the Mickey Moms Club.
I wrote to them so I am hoping to hear back from them soon or at least get some information as to what is going on.....
Its definitely NOT working.
Has anyone else had the same problem? I thought it was just me.....

barbiegirl314
10-16-2009, 05:06 PM
I too cannot access the Mickey Moms Club.
I wrote to them so I am hoping to hear back from them soon or at least get some information as to what is going on.....
Its definitely NOT working.
Has anyone else had the same problem? I thought it was just me.....

Can you let me know what you hear from them?

Joannelet
10-17-2009, 09:59 PM
I sure will!!! I haven't heard anything yet. I am still waiting. It usually takes about a week.....so we shall see!

prprincess
10-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Did anyone make it to the next round? I just got my rejection email. :-( Oh well, it just wasn't meant to be!

But good luck and congrats to those of you who did!! :mickey:

DisneyAggies
10-27-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm sorry, prprincess!! :( I'm pulling for all our intercotees!!

I JUST checked my email because you posted you got yours and I had..NOTHING...nothing...NOTHING...until 3:28...

I''ve made it to round 3!!! :mickey: Now what?!? LOL

prprincess
10-27-2009, 04:41 PM
I''ve made it to round 3!!! :mickey: Now what?!? LOLGood for you! Did they give you no direction? It was my understanding that if you made it to round 3 they would email you to set up a phone interview the week of Nov. 1.

Good luck!!:thumbsup:

Alligirl
10-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Ohhhhh! I am so confused!!! Just checked my email when I got home from work, at 1:59 I got an email that said thank you but you were not selected. Then at 3:24 I got this, (the WDW employee's name followed by ....)would like to recall the message, "Walt Disney World Moms Panel Thank You ".

Just that one sentence!:confused: What does this mean?? Anyone else get this?

prprincess
10-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Ohhhhh! I am so confused!!! Just checked my email when I got home from work, at 1:59 I got an email that said thank you but you were not selected. Then at 3:24 I got this, (the WDW employee's name followed by ....)would like to recall the message, "Walt Disney World Moms Panel Thank You ".

Just that one sentence!:confused: What does this mean?? Anyone else get this?Whoa, I just read your post and checked my email--I got the same thing. I'm hoping that someone goofed and I did make it!! I guess we'll see...keep me updated!

DisneyAggies
10-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Good for you! Did they give you no direction? It was my understanding that if you made it to round 3 they would email you to set up a phone interview the week of Nov. 1.

Good luck!!:thumbsup:

Yes, they did talk about the phone interview...but seriously...NOW WHAT?!? I am CLUELESS about what the phone interview will entail!! LOL

DisneyAggies
10-27-2009, 04:56 PM

Just that one sentence!:confused: What does this mean?? Anyone else get this?

Whoa, I just read your post and checked my email--I got the same thing. I'm hoping that someone goofed and I did make it!! I guess we'll see...keep me updated!

Oh...oh...OH!!! Hoping someone made a boo-boo and you guys are BOTH in!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!!

Alligirl
10-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Oh...oh...OH!!! Hoping someone made a boo-boo and you guys are BOTH in!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!!

Thank you Aggies!:party: I should have said a GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!:party: Please forgive me since I am a little bamboozled over that strange message! I hope they get back to us soon! I don't think I'll sleep tonight if not!

Melanie
10-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I''ve made it to round 3!!! :mickey: Now what?!? LOL

:party2::mickey3::party2::mickey3::party2:

I'm so happy for you Amanda!!!

Fingers crossed for you Alligirl and prprincess! :fingers:

Alligirl
10-27-2009, 05:19 PM

Thanks Melanie! I am afraid they closed the office at 5pm and I will be up all night! Well at least I'll have a clean house with my nervous energy! LOL

DisneyAggies
10-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Thank you Aggies!:party: I should have said a GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!:party: Please forgive me since I am a little bamboozled over that strange message! I hope they get back to us soon! I don't think I'll sleep tonight if not!

Thanks!

Oh...I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight either!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR!!!

DisneyAggies
10-27-2009, 05:38 PM

Thanks, Mel!

wdwteri
10-27-2009, 06:58 PM
From what I understand from another board, the emails went out cc'd to everyone, then they tried to recall so that all the personal emails wouldn't be out there floating around. Big mess, a lot of annoyed people, especially since it was the rejected applicants. So although nothing official, that is what is being discussed. I doubt that will help you sleep!:mickey: Congrats on making it this far, good thoughts on a different outcome tomorrow.

Hayden's Dad
10-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Well I got the same confusing two messages..First I didn't make it then it was recalled. Maybe someone made a boo boo and we really did make it.

Congrats Amanda!! :mickey:

Alligirl
10-27-2009, 08:15 PM
From what I understand from another board, the emails went out cc'd to everyone, then they tried to recall so that all the personal emails wouldn't be out there floating around. Big mess, a lot of annoyed people, especially since it was the rejected applicants. So although nothing official, that is what is being discussed. I doubt that will help you sleep!:mickey: Congrats on making it this far, good thoughts on a different outcome tomorrow.

Thanks Teri, that does seem to make sense. I was very surprised that they did not bcc the message.:(

prprincess
10-28-2009, 08:22 AM
I am afraid they closed the office at 5pm and I will be up all night!Nothing last night, and nothing this morning. So yeah, I assume it was just because we were all CCd and not BCCd. So I've resigned myself to the fact that I didn't make it. It's fine--some things are just not meant to be!

But everyone's been emailing each other and an FB page has been set up, so at least now I can say that I have 40+ new online friends!!! :thumbsup:

5fromabove
10-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Congratulations, Amanda :) I'm happy to report that I too am a finalist :) :party:

Sending much love out to those who didn't progress.

Alligirl
10-28-2009, 12:04 PM
lol princess thats too funny! My group had over 80 names and no one is emailing from that list but I will have to look up the FB group!:high5: Better luck next year!

CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA & 5from!!!!! :party2::fworks:Please keep posting! Best of luck with the interview!!!!

prprincess
10-28-2009, 01:33 PM
lol princess thats too funny! My group had over 80 names and no one is emailing from that list but I will have to look up the FB group!Yep, this morning I had 15 emails waiting for me from various people in this group. But wow, so there were two groups then--I didn't know that so many people had made it to the 2nd round.

Alligirl
10-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Yeah, at another site I was checking it seems there were three emails sent out & recalled. Yours, mine and one with 70 something ppl on it. I don't know, but I was a little upset that there was no email explanation/apology for the mistake sent out today.:( Oh well. Still looking for your group on FB, could you PM me the info? Thanks!

prprincess
10-28-2009, 05:26 PM
I don't know, but I was a little upset that there was no email explanation/apology for the mistake sent out today.:( Oh well. Still looking for your group on FB, could you PM me the info? Thanks!Same here. You'd think we'd get at least some info. on what might have happened.

Sending you a PM now. ;)

TheVBs
10-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Congratulations to everyone still in the running! :mickey:

Can someone send me the Mom's Club link? Mine doesn't seem to be working either. :(

Hayden's Dad
10-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Well I am assuming I didn't make it either. Oh well it's probably for the best with moving and the new job and all. Maybe next year!! :)