PDA

View Full Version : Got an ADR at Kouzzina!!

tkbk
08-04-2009, 05:12 PM
After I got a glimpse of the menu that was just released on another website I Just booked kouzzina for Nov. 3 even got my first choice for a dinner time. My DH is half Greek and the menu has a lot of that food on it, he is so happy!

KatMcPic
08-04-2009, 06:14 PM
That is awesome. Do you know if it is only open for dinner or is there lunch service too? Any word on if there is a kids menu as well. I so want to try it when we go.

tkbk
08-04-2009, 06:27 PM
They are being called pre-opening menus for a soft opening prior to the official September date. There is a breakfast menu and a dinner menu, the only childs menu I see posted on the other website is a breakfast menu.

Figment!
08-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Do you know if it is only open for dinner or is there lunch service too?

It will be serving Breakfast and Dinner, at least until the Grand Opening on 9/17.

Details for normal operation haven't been announced.

More info can be found in Tidbits August 2009 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=159024)

EeyoresBestFriend
08-04-2009, 07:25 PM
I just looked at the tidbits and it looks like its a counter service?? I must be mistaken if you had to make ADR's . .??? :confused:

Figment!
08-04-2009, 07:45 PM
I just looked at the tidbits and it looks like its a counter service?? I must be mistaken if you had to make ADR's . .??? :confused:No, It's table service.

tinksmom02
08-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Congrats on your ADR, and thanks for posting! We'll be there on September 13, so I was excited to look over the menu--tentative though it may be.

I'm not really that familiar with Greek foods, but I see a lot of fennel on the menu. My stepfather can't have anything with seeds or nuts...is fennel usually something that can be omitted from a dish with little repercussion?

nicster
08-05-2009, 01:50 AM
Congrats on your ADR, and thanks for posting! We'll be there on September 13, so I was excited to look over the menu--tentative though it may be.

I'm not really that familiar with Greek foods, but I see a lot of fennel on the menu. My stepfather can't have anything with seeds or nuts...is fennel usually something that can be omitted from a dish with little repercussion?
My understanding of fennel is that it is a bulb not a seed or nut. It kinda looks like a celery stalk at the bottom and then has a fern-like top. What you are probably thinking of is fennel seed that is used in spicing recipes (like celery seed). The Greeks might use both in their dishes, that would be worth asking about. But, when listed as part of a meal, it is probably the bulb that they are describing. Hope that helps!

tinksmom02
08-05-2009, 09:22 AM
My understanding of fennel is that it is a bulb not a seed or nut. It kinda looks like a celery stalk at the bottom and then has a fern-like top. What you are probably thinking of is fennel seed that is used in spicing recipes (like celery seed). The Greeks might use both in their dishes, that would be worth asking about. But, when listed as part of a meal, it is probably the bulb that they are describing. Hope that helps!

Thank you for the clarification! That would make a difference. I know he can't usually have sausage because of the fennel, but it's the seed, like you said.

lightyearfan
08-05-2009, 10:18 AM
It will be serving Breakfast and Dinner, at least until the Grand Opening on 9/17

i'm not sure about that because we had a breakfest adr for sept 13 for Spoodles, which i booked 90 days out, then 2 weeks ago i had a message on my phone telling me about Kuzzina, and that my 7:30am adr was now 3:15pm? i haven't had a chance to call them back to see if they do offer breakfest or not, so if they don't have a breakfest slot for the 13th, me and dw will be going to POR for breakfest. you would have thought that when i called 90 days they would have told me that Spoodles was no longer?? i'm going to miss there flatbread breakfest pizza man that was so good.

Victor

ElenitaB
08-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Oh, I am so excited about this. If we can get a walk-up on the 25th of this month, I'll definitely cancel our ADR at Wolfgang Puck Cafe. I adore Greek food (just had some tonight as a matter of fact) and I'm a fan of Cat Cora. :thumbsup:

AllyMonkey
08-06-2009, 11:29 PM
me and dw will be going to POR for breakfest.

Now I'm confused... have they begun serving breakfast at Boatwright's again? :confused:

lightyearfan
08-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Now I'm confused... have they begun serving breakfast at Boatwright's again? :confused:

man i wish that was the case, but what i meant is that we are going to the counter service that they have in the back, the name for goes me at the moment.

Victor