PDA

View Full Version : Stroller connectors

momof3+twins
08-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Have any of you used the stroller connectors at Disney? They are those plastic things that attach two strollers together. If so, how did they work? good? bad?

BrownEyedGrrl
08-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Yep! We used them for our boys during our 2006 trip, and then sent them (the connectors, not the boys :D) back with my sister and BIL for their WDW trip the following year. They worked wonderfully!
The umbrella strollers will still fold up while connected, and so the strollers easily stored behind the room door and such, and we weren't constantly snapping the connectors off and on again.
We were asked at least a few times a day by other guests, as to where we purchased them. Along with our now six year olds, we'll be taking one toddler and an infant this time, so we're taking our regular double stroller. But, when the baby is older, we will definitely do the umbrella stroller and connector thing again.

momof3+twins
08-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Funny little bit of info to brown eyed girl: You leave the day we arrive!!
So, do you think it was easy with them on the buses or did it seem bulky?

BrownEyedGrrl
08-05-2009, 01:26 PM
That's funny! Intercotees make sure the park is covered at all time. :)

No, I don't remember thinking that they were bulky on bus rides. They do fold flat together, but they are of course, a little wider than double because of the additional distance of the connectors between them. But, they still fit in a bus seat with us, and were no problem at all in the back of the bus where we usually set (it wasn't very crowded when we were there). We also drove to the parks on quite a few days though, so that cut down on any bus issues.
The connectors don't take that long to snap on and off though, if you found that you'd rather fold them into singles.
If we had umbrella strollers that reclined (for napping), I'd probably do it again this time instead of the bulkier double.

Have fun! I'll make sure to wave at everyone on our way out on the last day, in case one of them is you. :D

Buttercup
08-05-2009, 01:30 PM
I've seen them but I don't know where you can get them? This will be the first year we'll be bringing 2 umbrella strollers instead of the big giant stroller... and I'd love to find the connectors!

BrownEyedGrrl
08-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Do a Google search for "Prince Lionheart stroller connectors". That's the brand we got, and although I think we actually bought them in store at either Toys R Us or Babies R Us, I know you can get them online. They are pretty cheap, less than $10 or $15 usually.

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-05-2009, 03:30 PM
We will be using them on this trip in October. We have 2 umbrella strollers that recline and will be using the connectors. We will purchase them at Babies R Us. We went a couple of weeks ago to see if they had them and they were 12.99.

Good luck!

kathiep
08-05-2009, 08:21 PM
We've used these in the past and they were well worth the investment.

momof3+twins
08-06-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm trying a resale at the convention center today for double strollers cheap. But, if I don't find one..it is connectors!

momof3+twins
08-06-2009, 02:33 PM
No stroller at the convention. I am worried about the wheels locking up....and...do you feel like your arms are really stretched far apart while pushing the strollers? Are they sturdy?