PDA

View Full Version : Buses at CSR

Belster
08-04-2009, 11:42 AM
This is going to be our first stay at CSR. I know that the resort is very large. I have read on another site that there is an order to which the buses stop at each stop and that it does not start with stop 1. Is it true that if you are at stop 4 you could have to wait for 45min-1hour to get on the bus because it is full?

Does anyone know what stop number Casitas is located at?

Any CSR bus help is appreciated!!

buzz2001
08-04-2009, 11:52 AM
I saw that John posted that but that is not the norm. Yes, it is possible for a bus to be full by the time it gets to bus stop #4 or #1 (the order is 2, 3, 4, then 1 last). But in my 11 trips to CSR, (I'm a be at the park by rope drop person) I never missed a bus at stop #4 because it was full. I have waited 30 mins for a bus both at the park and resort though. At the resort, you won't know if the bus was full at stop #1 because the bus will depart the resort before making the turn to pick up at stop #1.

So yes, its possible that you could end up waiting 30 mins for a bus but it is definitely not the norm and could happen at any resort. They have CM's at bus stop #1 in the morning to help avoid that situation as well.

Belster
08-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Great!! Thanks Buzz!!

vws_and_disney
08-06-2009, 04:59 PM
My sister and brother in law took the buses to the park one morning since they wanted to sleep in. They had no problems and we were right near stop #4. Good luck and enjoy your trip

dmosher
08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
When I use to stay at CSR I always stayed by stop 4. it made it much faster and easier to get on the buss and be on your way to the park. I never waited more than 15-29 minutes for any bus and you are a short walk to the front of the resort. My advice: Get on the buss at stop 4 and when returning, get off at the first/main gate stop and walk to your room. It will be a bit nicer, though staying on the bus once allows you to see the rest of the resort quickly. Enjoy the pool and the Orange Juice while your there!
:pipes:
D

KAT1811
08-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Personally I think that CSR has the best bus service I have experienced to date. I have yet to be on a full bus on the way to the parks. On the way home I have been on full busses but nothing like the other resorts I have stayed at. Don't worry. in my exeperience the best part of CSR is that it attracts a lot of conventioneers and they quite often do not visit the parks and if they do use their company car. The busses are usually quiet as is the pool. Or at least it was the few times we've stayed there. CSR is my favorite resort so far!

Welovejiminy!
08-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I too will be staying at CSR for the first time in October. I have requested the Cabana section. I would probably use bus stop #4. I was actually going to change my request to the Casistas, just to be at the first bus stop(#2). I don't mind standing on a bus, but I have three young children and I really don't feel safe having them stand. So I guess I am asking if I should stay at the Cabanas(I know requests aren't always granted), or should I change to the Casistas? Also, if I were to stay in the Casistas area, how long of a walk would it be to the Pepper Market? Sorry for all of the questions, but I am used to staying at POFQ which is very small in comparison to CSR. Can't wait to stay at CSR though!!!!!

Gator
08-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Personally I think that CSR has the best bus service I have experienced to date. I have yet to be on a full bus on the way to the parks.

I agree. Of the resorts I've been at, CSR had the best bus service. I never waited more than 20 minutes for a bus, and only stood on the way back from the parks. I stayed at the Ranchos and used the stop between them and the Cabanas - it was really good. And the only reason it would take the bus 45 minutes to round is if it had to stop and load a moto-scooter at each stop. Pray that never happens.

Whatever the case, it will always be better than the All-Stalls...Stars, I mean.

JPL
08-09-2009, 12:03 AM
I found the bus to be average nothing great but not too bad. There were a few nights that the bus was slow at the end of the night returning from the parks. My longest wait was about an hour trying to go to DTD and then another 40 minutes trying to return from DTD. If I had to give the buses a grade it would be a C-