PDA

View Full Version : Desert Inn motel

Tiggerlovr9000
08-03-2009, 09:43 PM
We are planning a trip to DL January 16th thru January 23rd. It is to celebrate both my dds and my birthday. They are all in January. It makes for a fun month. LOL Anyway we dont want to rent a car and would like to stay at a motel close to DL so that we can walk. Has anyone stayed here and how was your stay. Any other suggestions on where to stay are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

NotaGeek
08-03-2009, 09:57 PM
No idea about this hotel. Some INTERCOT favorites are:

Best Western Park Place Inn
Fairfield Anaheim
Ramada MainGate
Candy Cane Inn

I have stated at BWPPI, Fairfield and Ramada several times and they are all great, all Good Neighbor properties and right across the street from the Main Gate. You can search the Accommodations forum and there are several threads about the same hotels ... if you check the Resort Guide you can search through Moderate Good Neighbor hotels and there's info and some pics for each of these properties.

For a reviews on any of these hotels, try tripadvisor.com.

Good luck! :mickey:

tinkwest
08-03-2009, 11:13 PM
I stayed at the Desert Inn & Suites in May of this year. I would probably stay there again. Very short, easy walk to the Resort. The pricing was reasonable and the suite we had was very spacious. We easily slept six adults. Could have fit in three or four more with no problem. Two bathrooms, two powder room/sink areas, two coffee makers, four queen beds, one hide-a-bed, microwave, refrigerator, three TVs, table, two desks, etc.

Not fancy but very comfortable and clean. The free buffet left something to be desired, but it was something to fill your stomach at the beginning of the day. Bonus - we could see the fireworks from the powder room/sink area.

There is an indoor pool, which I find kind of odd for southern California. But that may work to your advantage in January!

My main issue was the parking. The parking is limited and only one vehicle per room is allowed on the property. Because we had two cars in our group, I had to drive my car down to the Hilton and park it in their parking structure for the five days we were staying at the Desert Inn.

Overall I was happy and would stay there again.

Lizzie
08-06-2009, 08:53 PM
We stayed there a couple of years ago. It has no frills but we like it and our going back in December. We like the location and the indoor pool is nice in the winter months. You can see fireworks from the roof of the hotel.

Only complaint is the slow elevator.