PDA

View Full Version : WDW Resort Swimming Pool Rules?

DisneyPrincess21
08-03-2009, 09:42 PM
I have a question about the Caribbean Beach Resort pool.
This will be the first time I will be using the resort pool and I was wondering if you are allowed to have "pool items" with you in the pool like- inner tubes, fun noodles?

I don't recall seeing people using them before but I didn't know if that is because they aren't allowed or if the people just didn't bring stuff with them.

So if anyone knows for sure I would appreciate any info :thumbsup:

:diver:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-03-2009, 09:59 PM
We've stayed at POR and POFQ, and were able to buy pool noodles in the gift shop! I can't see CBR having different rules. (DD LOVED having her own noodle at Disney, instead of having to share the resort-owned ones).

DisneyPrincess21
08-03-2009, 10:04 PM
We've stayed at POR and POFQ, and were able to buy pool noodles in the gift shop! I can't see CBR having different rules. (DD LOVED having her own noodle at Disney, instead of having to share the resort-owned ones).

Oh Okay good. I unfortunately never learned to swim, however I love the pool, And I refuse to miss out on the new pool at CBR. The other day me and my mom were talking about the pool and I said "i wonder if you are allowed to have fun noodles or inner tubes in there?" and neither one of us could remember seeing anyone at POFQ last year with any pool items, So we didn't know if they weren't allowed or if the people just didn't bring anything with them (like if they came by plane).

So I am glad to know I can have my trusty inner tube in the pool with me so I can get full use of the new pool at CBR!

Pirate Granny
08-03-2009, 10:42 PM
I've seen noodles, but only at the Storm along Bay at the YC/BC have I seen inter tubes allowed. And they rent the tubes there.

However, I may be wrong, but I swim a whole lot at all the disney pools and really have never seen tubes. You may want to call the resort and find out before you lug your tube down there. I'm sure they don't sell them there.
:pirate:

ransam
08-04-2009, 01:06 AM
i think they kind of go by a common sense rule. as long as it's not dangerous or somthing they would allow it.

Disney Doll
08-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Actually even things that seem harmless can be a risk in a crowded pool. I thought I had heard that they don't allow air mattresses because it obstructs the lifeguards' views. I don't know about tubes, but I would call ahead and ask. Noodles are for sure allowed.

It'sWDW4me
08-04-2009, 02:17 PM
I would think that tubes and air mattresses are a no-no but I have seen noodles and beach balls.

MNNHFLTX
08-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Anything that significantly obstructs the lifeguards' view of the pool (like inner tubes and air mattesses) are not allowed, but noodles have always been, to the best of my knowledge.

greengeen
08-04-2009, 05:24 PM
No tubes, no matresses (except clear tubes at SAB). And balls of any kind are a HUGE annoyance to other guests. "Swimmie" arm things are okay for small children.