PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite value resort?

disneykid@hrt
08-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Just wondering, which of the All-Stars or Pop is your favorite- and why?

And what about compared to Coronado Springs?

Thinking about changing our reservations.

wishiniwasthere
08-03-2009, 08:42 PM
We have stayed at Movies and Sports, and Sports was definitely our favorite. That could be because the rooms in Sports were just refurbished right before we went there. Movies seemed a little dated to us. We also happen to be sports fanatics, so that might just have a little bit to do with it! :fball::bball::puck::tennis:

wdwvacationeer
08-03-2009, 09:51 PM
We've stayed at Movies and Music and we liked them both. We probably liked the Music a little bit more- its rooms had been refurbished and in the afternoons they had all kinds of fun activities for the kids and also a movie on a big blow up screen by the pool at night.

Pirate Granny
08-03-2009, 10:36 PM
We've stayed at all three...and to me, they are all fun in their own way...I really wanted to walk around the Movies late at night to see all the icons lite up...but was always too tired at the end of the day...but, we are staying at Coronado for the first time in September, so I can't make a comparison.
:pirate:

PopGrl
08-03-2009, 10:41 PM
I've stayed at Music and Pop. I personally like Pop better. Its nice not having to share a bus with 2 other resorts.

Celakip
08-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Our favorite is POP without a doubt. It's newer, has a more open design, and it's the only stop on the bus route to and from the parks! The themeing is great, too.:mickey:

dml
08-03-2009, 10:53 PM
I've stayed at of these resorts and for the price, theme, buses, and the fact that I'm only in the room to sleep, Pop is my favorite. The food court is great and the fact that it is a one stop bus line is great. Coronado is one of my favorite moderates though.
:mickey::mickey:

sassy2000
08-04-2009, 09:30 AM
We have stayed at all 4 values and CSR. My fave value is the AllStar Music, least fave was Sports. Here are my thoughts on each:
ASMusic- loved the theme. We were in the Broadway section which was quieter then the preferred rooms. Loved having the movies shown by the pool at night.
ASMovie- The theme here is a big hit with my kids. We stayed in the Fantasia bldg but my kids loved the Toy Story bldgs. There are some cute photo ops here like getting a pic sitting in RC from Toy Story or with 101 Dalamtions.
ASSports- We only stayed 1 night here. My kids just weren't crazy about the theme. Once my son is older, he'll probably be more interested. The good thing is if the 3 AS are sharing a bus then this resort is the 1st stop.
Pop- The theming here is fun but we were in the 80's bldg and I just felt so far away from the food court and main pool. I don't mind walking but it seemed more spread out then the AllStars. I will say that I may have had my mind set for me on checkin. I planned our family's vacation and had 4 rooms reserved for everyone and requested that we all be in close proximity to each other. When we checked in everyone was in the 50's bldg except us. We were across the resort in the 80's bldg. They couldn't swap us until the next day so we just stayed over there. But after doing everyone's planning & ADRs, I was a little sad to be that far away from everyone. Of course my DH didn't mind being next door to my family. :joy: But anyway, you don't share a bus with any other resort so that is a plus.
CSR- We LOVED this resort. It's beautiful. We stayed in the cabana bldg 9a and had a short walk to the food court and to the main pool. The pool is fabulous and it has a slide which the values don't. The rooms have queen beds instead of fulls so that is always a plus. We don't spend alot of time in the hotel but I would stay at CSR over any of the values IF you can afford it
Hope that helps a little. :mickey:

ransam
08-04-2009, 09:46 AM
i haven't stayed at the movies, but have the other 3. I think the POP is better than any of them, just cause of lay out. It just seems a little smaller just casue of the way the buildings are layed out. I also like the fact that the bus goes to only the POP. i liked the fact that the food court and the gift shop are connected.
I really liked the sports, but i'm into sports. we stayed at the football and it was kind of fun to watch kids playing on the football field at night.

lightyearfan
08-04-2009, 10:13 AM
well as you can see by my signiture, me and dw have been staying at the All Stars since 06, once at the movies and since then music. we really liked the theming of movies and music. although we've only stayed at the movies once, music just seems to be a little quieter and being big music fans it's only natural for us to stay there. once me and dw get comfortable with a resort we kind of make it our resort for every trip down. the rooms are fine and very clean, the pool themes are great as well.

Victor

madi47
08-05-2009, 06:38 AM
I have stayed at both the pop and csr....they are both nice....I think if you are going with children they would enjoy pop a little more.....the nice thing is that they don't share a bus...one stop for all of the parks....the food court has a good mix of food especially if you have a picky eater! The CSR is very beautiful.....the main pool is amazing and you used to be able to rent the little boats in the center of the resort....I remember the food was good but I think they add gratuity on to your bill even though it is quick service....it was a few years ago so don't remember exactly! You will enjoy yourselfs no matter where you decide!!:thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
08-05-2009, 08:40 AM
I've stayed at Music and Pop. I personally like Pop better. Its nice not having to share a bus with 2 other resorts.

Our favorite is POP without a doubt. It's newer, has a more open design, and it's the only stop on the bus route to and from the parks! The themeing is great, too.:mickey:

:ditto::exactly: We've stayed at Music, Movies and then last year POP. POP is so much better than AS - in our family's humble opinion.

steamboat willy
08-05-2009, 01:04 PM
ALLSTAR MUSIC - Calypso POOLSIDE ROOM PLEASE

We've stayed at ASMu and ASSp, never Movie or Pop. We've enjoyed an anniversary meal in Coronado Springs at the Maya Grill. :wine:
We alway request preferred ane poolside due to location to pool and food court.

We also enjoy walking right out of our room and being at the pool. :vacation:

We enjoy the on-property DISNEY Resorts, the price and the atmosphere.

The brightness and island colors of the Calypso Rooms with a view of Jazz from the pool or balcony. Float in the pool at night and watch a Disney Movie. :swim:

Drink at the poolside bar :marg: and a walk at night by the car parked at Rock, the instruments at Jazz and the BIG BOOT at Country. :play: :drummer:

Food Court is great for a quick breakfast before Parks or a late night pizza by the pool.

33 Days till check-in. :thumbsup:

alicia524luvstw
08-05-2009, 01:04 PM
We love POP. The gift shop is a good size as is the food court. Bus service is dependable. I know many people complain about the lines at POP bus stops(I have)but usually when busy they send 2 or 3 buses

Mousemates
08-05-2009, 01:08 PM
1. Pop
2. movies
3. Music
4. sports

lightyearfan
08-06-2009, 09:47 AM
ALLSTAR MUSIC - Calypso POOLSIDE ROOM PLEASE
We enjoy the on-property DISNEY Resorts, the price and the atmosphere.

The brightness and island colors of the Calypso Rooms with a view of Jazz from the pool or balcony. Float in the pool at night and watch a Disney Movie. :swim:

Drink at the poolside bar :marg: and a walk at night by the car parked at Rock, the instruments at Jazz and the BIG BOOT at Country. :play: :drummer:

Food Court is great for a quick breakfast before Parks or a late night pizza by the pool.

33 Days till check-in. :thumbsup:

perfectly said me and dw were lucky enough to get the preffered calypso and it's everything that you say it is, we do the same thing except for the breakfest we like to resort hop for that, but spot on with everything else, we are in complete agreement.:mickey:

Victor