PDA

View Full Version : 2010 & Caribbean Beach Resort

NH Disneyfan
08-03-2009, 05:55 PM
We have a previously made reservation at Caribbean Beach for 2010. Today, rates came out and AAA called to tell us the news. Well, turns out the only rooms offered at Caribbean Beach are Pirate Std and Pirate Water. This, of course, translates to a higher "Moderate" price.

Anyone know what the truth is here? Is Caribbean Beach being completely made over to the Pirate theme w/higher prices?

GoofyforFun
08-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Call Wendy from magical journeyshttp://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/

She should be able to set you up!!!

CleveRocks
08-04-2009, 09:38 PM
We have a previously made reservation at Caribbean Beach for 2010. Today, rates came out and AAA called to tell us the news. Well, turns out the only rooms offered at Caribbean Beach are Pirate Std and Pirate Water. This, of course, translates to a higher "Moderate" price.

Anyone know what the truth is here? Is Caribbean Beach being completely made over to the Pirate theme w/higher prices?
No.

At Disney, an AAA rate isn't guaranteed. It's not like having a coupon at a store.

Disney only offers/allows discounts when room occupancy rates are lower than what they want then to be. But if room occupancy rates are just fine, then Disney sees no need to offer the few remaining rooms at a discount.

They don't make this decision for an entire resort at a time. They make this decision for each room category, and for each day.

Let's just pretend that Disney stops offering/allowing discounts when room occupancy reaches 90% (I have no idea what the real figure is). At CBR for your exact dates, if the AAA rate is available only for Pirate standard and Pirate water view, that means that all of the other room categories (standard, preferred location, water view, king-size bed) have more than 90% of their rooms booked for your dates, and it means that both Pirate room categories have lower than a 90% occupancy rate.

I hope that makes sense. This is EXACTLY how it works.

Also, please understand that this is not a permanent situation. If enough standard room reservations (for your travel dates) are cancelled, sufficient to bring the occupancy rate for that room category for your dates below 90%, then Disney will offer/allow discounts for that room category ... until enough additional rooms are snatched up to being the occupancy rate back over 90%.

NH Disneyfan
08-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the info about discounts. However, on disneyworld.com the only CBR rooms offered are pirate themed in 2010. Is Disney remodeling all of the CBR rooms to be "Pirate" or will regular, Caribbean themed rooms exist in the future?

CleveRocks
08-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the info about discounts. However, on disneyworld.com the only CBR rooms offered are pirate themed in 2010. Is Disney remodeling all of the CBR rooms to be "Pirate" or will regular, Caribbean themed rooms exist in the future?What's happening is one of two things: either all non-Pirate rooms for the dates you checked are sold out, or you're misinterpreting what you saw. I assure you that CBR is not becoming an all-Pirate resort.

On the Disney booking site, it will list only the room categories that are actually available for the dates you entered. If a room category is sold out, it will not show up, as if it doesn't exist.

I went to the Disney site and plugged in random 2010 dates, May 22 - 29. I got EVERY room category to pop up, not just the Pirate rooms. WHat DID happen, however, is that the Pirate room came up as the "default" choice, meaning that there were other choices available, but Pirate is the room category that you see on the screen. To the left of each room category is a "button" ... all you have to do is click on the button for a different room category, and info for that room category will replace the Pirate room info.

Every room in CBR just underwent complete refurbishment in 2008. 384 of CBR's 2112 rooms were rebuilt as Pirate rooms. ALL of the remaining rooms were refurbished in a standard theme with a very slight Finding Nemo motif ... they aren't about to ditch all of that.

Promise!:mickey:

disney100%
08-06-2009, 02:09 PM
We love CBR and have gotten a AAA discount on every trip. On our last trip we stayed in Jamaica (which is our favorite). By the way, we also live in NH and will be at CBR in 2010!

I agree with "Goofyfor Fun." We also use Magical Journeys, though Melissa is our favorite, and she has done all the work to find us discounts. We just give her the dates we want to go and she does the rest.

NH Disneyfan
08-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks. I did search other dates and find regular rooms. I wonder what's happening 1/14-1/23 2010 to book up all the regular rooms - maybe I don't want to stay there....

Regarding MJ, I would like to use them but they can't book AAA packages. Says so right on the form.

disney100%
08-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Very true, but they can apply the AAA room only discounts. At the times we have gone, it has been cheaper to use that discount and purchase tickets through a vendor. Of course, we don't use the dining plan, so we don't need to have the package.