PDA

View Full Version : a question on wait listing

artyboy
08-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey all!

I booked for my October trip, but couldn't get the resort I wanted (Beach Club Villas) for the entire stay. So, right now I have 3 nights at OKW and 3 nights at BCV. (I'm not complaining...I love OKW...I've just always wanted to try Beach Club!)

Should I be calling and checking with DVC, or is this something that will (or will not) happen automatically.

I'll call daily if necessary, but I don't want to bug the cast members if it's just not necessary.

Thoughts?

MinnieMommie
08-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Congrats on being able to split your vacation as you have. Sounds nice! The thing about the waitlist is that you will only be notified if the entire block you are waitlisted for comes up (which I assume is 3 days). If you are willing to take anyone of those days (and I am guessing only days directly before or after the already scheduled ones at BC) then call to check if any of the requested days have become available. Good luck :mickey:

wendy*darling
08-03-2009, 08:28 PM
My one recent success with the wait list was this past March. I requested a move from AKV to BWV.
I was never called- I found out by checking the DVC website one day for something else and noticed that I was now listed at the BWV! I called and made sure that was correct and it was. I think I would have liked to have been notified, but it worked out just fine.

I don't think I'd call everyday, unless you are unhappy with OKW for part of your stay. With Food & Wine going on, I think you will be very fortunate to get this to come through- BCV is very popular at this time.

Personally, I'd be happy with the 3 nights you do have there- and plan your Epcot touring for those nights.
We love split stays- it's like 2 vacations in one! :thumbsup:

disneyfan56
08-04-2009, 06:54 AM
I've been doing both for our upcoming trip in November.

We could not book the entire trip anywhere except OKW and one night in AKL. This was in the beginning of June.

So I have wait-listed the week at AKL. BUT, I also call about every other day just to check for individual day available.

We are now up to 3 days at AKL and 2 days at OKW by doing it this way.

I say call every day if this is something you want. Good luck!

threeh
08-07-2009, 01:29 PM
I had the same problem with November!! I kept calling to add on day by day to the AKV part of our stay and one day when I called they had a whole block of days at WLV. I don't think it can hurt, just try to add on a day and see. Good luck!!!:mickey: