PDA

View Full Version : A toddler and the Polynesian

Bubbie Girl
08-03-2009, 01:13 PM
I am looking for some info about staying at the polynesian with a 2 year old. We have stayed here before and loved it but we were all adults this time we will have a 2 year old and I have never really paid attention to what there is for one so small at the resort. Is there a playground type area and what about the pool, I remember it is zero entry put did your little ones enjoy it? I think the monarail will be a great with the stroller and all. I am not worried about child care as I will not be leaving him, where we go he will go:mickey: Thanks in advance for the info we are so looking forward to taking this next trip to WDW with our little guy.

kwhitt3202
08-03-2009, 03:07 PM
We have stayed there the last three years with our son age 3. He loved walking into the pool and being able to stand and splash around. Also he spent alot of time playing in the sand. You can buy a bucket and shovel in the gift shop for a couple dollars and he had a blast filling up his bucket and dumping it out. They have activitys there for children but we never took part in them.

MonoMan
08-03-2009, 05:22 PM
We stayed at the Poly on our last trip - our son had just turned four. It was great, especially with the monorail. He enjoyed the pool - they have the themed pool and then also a quiet pool, spent tons of time playing in the sand - I think we paid $10 for an entire Mickey sand set at the gift shop. We also enjoyed the ease of being able to take him out to the beach area at night to watch the electric water pageant and fireworks. There is also a nice area in the lobby where they have crayons and disney coloring sheets, along with disney movies on the television. He loved going there and seeing the other kids, not to mention the cookies that they brought out in the evening.

tikiman
08-05-2009, 09:01 PM
There were a lot of little ones in the pool today enjoying the zero entry.

javamama
08-06-2009, 12:27 AM
My dd was 2 1/2 this past April/May when we stayed, and she had a blast. She loves the pool, and the sprinkler area to the side of the pool. Both my kids love the beach(my ds is 5 1/2 they played in the sand for hours), we never went to the quiet pool, since my kids are loud:D My dd even loved trying out the arcade games though she had no idea what she was doing it was neat to her, and kept her busy for a short time. She also loved talking walks on the beach before bedtime with my dh, and watching the fireworks from our room every night before bed.

DisneyOtaku
08-06-2009, 01:41 PM
It's been a few years since I've stayed there, but there used to be a little jumping fountain area near the showers close to the zero-entry by the themed pool. Kids loved it :mickey: