PDA

View Full Version : tables in wonderland Vs deluxe dining plan

Robbieligh
08-03-2009, 10:23 AM
We are coming for 2 weeks in Sept. We are bringing my 86 year old Mom. If my husband and I were coming by ourselves we would do the deluxe dining plan. My mom eats like a peep so I don't know if it would be worth the cost. Between the deluxe plan and tables in wonderland discount, Which do you think would save us the most money? I personally loved the deluxe plan in the past.
Thanks for any input!!!

Disney Doll
08-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Only you can really answer that question because it all depends on how and where you eat. I always like to look at the menus on Intercot and try to estimate our food cost that way. Then you can decide which dining program is the best bang for your buck.

Seasonscraps
08-03-2009, 12:31 PM
The DxDP gives you a lot of food and if your mother won't enjoy it or get the value from it then I don't know if it would be worth spending the extra money to have it. I agree with DisneyDoll and check the menus & prices - that's really the only way you'll know for sure.

Personally, I lean towards TIW for a couple of reasons:
1) you are not prepaying your meals.
2) you get a discount on the total bill, including alcohol.
3) you don't have meal credits to use up - you don't feel like you lost something if you decide to change your dining plans.
4) when we had the dining experience card - we ordered/ate less food then on the dining plans since we didn't pay for it (plus the CMs really pushed the 3 courses back when tips were included). The meals were more enjoyable because it was not too much or overwhelming.