PDA

View Full Version : Payment- concern

Lisa417
08-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Hey All! My final payment is coming up fast and of course this past weekend end up having to pay for a trip to the ER... :(

After looking over things I think i'm going to be about 200.00 short now. Does anyone know if I can make the payment with the 200.00 short and then pay the rest in about two weeks? Am I going to lose everything.. I'm so stressed it's just been one thing after another.

Ian
08-03-2009, 10:15 AM
I'd call Disney (or your travel agent, if you're working with one) and see what you can arrange.

To the best of my knowledge, though, payment is due in full by the deadline date or your reservation is forfeited.

kakn7294
08-03-2009, 10:40 AM
You can make partial payments until your due date then at that point, they will only accept payment in full. If you do not pay in full by your due date, they will give you a small grace period of somewhere around 10 days or so. They will send you a reminder letter with the date that your trip will be forfeited if they have not received your payment. I know this for certain because my mother was in the hospital when my payment was due and I forgot to pay by our due date.

diz_girl
08-03-2009, 01:34 PM
If you can't work out something with Disney, then I'd put the last $200 on a credit card that is used infrequently and has a zero balance and is close to the beginning of the billing cycle. That way, you'll have as long a grace period as possible and you will only accrue interest on that $200 if you can't pay it off right away. I avoid paying interest on credit cards, but if it's necessary, then try to pay as little as possible.

lighteningqueen
08-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Last year I had to do this 2 weeks and they let me. She said since I had paid way over half that they could do this. Just call them and let them know you are having difficulty .Then call about every 2-3 days to make sure they have it on file about the delay. So they will not cancel you. She also said they will send an email first before they do anything with your res. I know how you feel. I may have to do it myself again this year. We are self employed and only sell our products at the beginning of each month and this is due the 23. But I am crossing my fingers that people will start buying again and sooner for Christmas than last year.

Lisa417
08-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Thank you all for the info.. and understanding. :thumbsup::mickey:

HMFan
08-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Wow...dont let this small(ish) amount wipe out your reservations. The credit card idea was a good one, I think. Let us know how this is going to pan out. I dunno about the rest of the responders, but this is going to stick in my head until i know you're all set and going!

I just booked a January trip yesterday...so I am very trip sensitive right now. :mickey::mickey:

DeniseMB
08-04-2009, 07:50 PM
There usually is a grace period of about 7 or 10 days from your final payment date. I would still call your TA or WDW directly and explain the situation. :mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
08-05-2009, 11:34 PM
wow did not know about the grace period....last year our final date came and it was about a week before my husbands pay....I called and they definately did not allow for any grace periods or extensions. I even called a few times to try and get different agents, the same story....I was going to forfeit my entire reservation for the outstanding balance...seems crazy but that is what I was told....I would definatley call and make sure and get something in writing just in case the story changes from one agent to another....good luck....

ransam
08-06-2009, 12:08 AM
i hate them...but if you can't put it on a credit card or borrow the money..and you're sure you'll have it in 2 weeks, do one of those check into cash thingys....
I got trapped in one of t hem, and just recently got out...but if you know youj'll have it in a couple weeks, that's better than losing your reservations...

Lisa417
08-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone! Thanks for your input and ideas. So what we did was make the payment with what we had it.. came out we were 273 short. I made the choice that I would just pay the rest next week and "hope" everythign worked out ok. After getting an email back from our awesome agent from Magical Journeys saying the payment was made but reminding that is still concered past due etc and a night of not sleeping I went ahead and just put it on a CC. I didn't want to do this but figure I will just pay this next week.. I"m a dork for not seeing it that way. oh well it's done now.
YAHOO!! HONEYMOON AGO! :thumbsup::mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-09-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm glad things worked out. Your smart for paying off the credit card too!