PDA

View Full Version : How long do the make your own treats usually take?

5togetherWDW
08-03-2009, 09:12 AM
We have seen the make your own treats at Goofys Candy Co at Downtown Disney many times, but never made one until this past trip. Now, I'm curious - how long a wait should you expect?
Having been in the store many times, I have seen it extremely crowded -- but this particular day there were few in the store when we arrived. In fact, there was only one person ahead of me to order my Selmas and no one behind me in that line. My sons ordered their cookies -- then, one asked for a dipped pretzle. The cashier had him fill out a treat form and set it beside the register. I paid for our snacks and joined the three or four people watching their treats being made. . . .. We then began our wait.
The cashier made no mention of a wait -- but, it took over 40 minutes to get his chocolate dipped pretzle. By the time we left, we were all frustrated. Had we any idea that it was such a long wait, we would have skipped it -- I'm just curious, is this typical?

KAT1811
08-03-2009, 09:37 AM
No idea if it is normal or not but that better have been one fabulous pretzle!!! ;)

disneymom15
08-03-2009, 10:07 AM
We've done it a few times. I would have to say it takes about 30 minutes or so. If you don't want to wait, place your order upon arrival to DTD and pick up later. We always get the pretzel sticks covered in choc and pecans. They're worth the wait. It's on my list of MUST DO's.

angyl15
08-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I had no idea you could pick up your treats later - that is fabulous! Having 5, 2 and 1 yr old boys with us on this trip, Goofy's Candy Co. is a dangerous place!!

Thanks.

hokies4life
08-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Yep, you can probably mention when you give them your form that you'll be back later, but I don't remembe them asking. I remember, though, while waiting for my treats that if the boxes they had already finished waited out more than a few minutes they put them back in the fridge until the people came back.

I don't think I waited very long when we went there in April, maybe 20 at the most. Probably less. But the store was practically empty when we went.

:chipdale: