PDA

View Full Version : Julie Andrews & Toby Bluth Product Release Signing (Aug 29)

NotaGeek
08-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Julie Andrews and Toby Bluth Product Release & Signing (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_julieandrews_tobybluth_signing.html)

Date: Saturday, August 29, 2009
Time: 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: Disney's Grand Californian HotelŽ & Spa, DisneylandŽ Resort

Event Information:
Created in celebration of the 45th Anniversary of the beloved Walt Disney film, Mary Poppins, Artist Toby Bluth captures one of Julie's favorite moments in the film, as Mary Poppins enjoys her jolly holiday with the help of some very eager and excited penguins, in his composition of Mary Poppins and Merry Penguins. Joining Toby who will be on hand for the product release and signing is Academy AwardŽ Winning Actress, Julie Andrews. Julie will be also be celebrating the upcoming national release of her newest book titled, Julie Andrews' Collection of Poems, Songs and Lullabies, which will be released in October 2009

Mary Poppins and Merry Penguins will be available in the following formats:
Original

Medium: Watercolor on Paper
Retail: $8,500 (framed)
Image area: 11" x 14"
Sheet Size (including border): 15.5" x 17.5"
Framed: TBD (estimated 19" x 21")

Hand Remarked Deluxe Giclee on Archival Watercolor Paper
(hand remarked by Toby Bluth; signed by Toby Bluth and Julie Andrews)

Limited Edition: 20
Retail: $1,250 (framed)
Image area: 11" x 14"
Sheet Size (including border): 15.5" x 17.5"
Framed: 23.5" x 25.5"
Limit ONE (1) per Guest

Deluxe Lithograph Print with Matte

Limited Edition: 1000
Retail: $35
Limit: ONE (1) per Guest

About Julie Andrews' Collection of Poems, Songs and Lullabies

Julie and her daughter, Emma, have hand-selected a wonderful mix of their most cherished poems, songs, and lullabies in this rich and diverse poetry collection. Brought to life with James McMullan's stunning watercolor paintings, this volume features nearly 150 treasured works, including beloved classics and modern favorites from Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson, Jack Prelutsky, Shel Silverstein, Rodgers & Hammerstein, and more - twenty-one of which are theatrically and playfully read aloud by Julie and Emma on the accompanying CD.

Andrews introduces each of the nine themed sections with intimate stories and family memories, offering readers a glimpse into her world and her personal connection to many of the selections. There are even a number of special poems written by the authors themselves as well as contributions from close family members.

This deluxe anthology is bound to inspire an early love of poetry and song and become a classic for families to grow with and treasure throughout the years.

*** Guests are limited to one (1) item each and must purchase items at the event. No other items may be signed.

willowpondarabians
08-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I will be there! I am so excited!!!! :joy: Her book won't be out until October, so will the prints be the only things for sale? Do you think copies of the movie will be for sale for signing? I will be there with my mom, and I would like her to sign 2 things if possible (one from each of us). But I really don't want to purchase 2 prints. What time do you think we should go over to stand in line and wait?

NotaGeek
08-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I will be there! I am so excited!!!! :joy: Her book won't be out until October, so will the prints be the only things for sale? Do you think copies of the movie will be for sale for signing? I will be there with my mom, and I would like her to sign 2 things if possible (one from each of us). But I really don't want to purchase 2 prints. What time do you think we should go over to stand in line and wait?
They have noted that only items purchased at the even will be signed, so I would expect that means the prints only. Julie Andrews is one of the most beloved Disney folk ... special signings like this bring out the collectors in droves, and since this is happening in the GCH its not just for those entering the park ... so with no ticket requirement the line might be crazy. Get there early and check it out, but honestly I bet a line starts forming first thing in the morning.

willowpondarabians
08-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Do you think if I call the Grand CA, someone there will know more details, and give me some ideas about the area of the motel where the signing will be, and where they will be lining people up? I plan on going early no matter what! I just don't want my mom to stand outside that whole time - especially if it's hot! And I am not sure she will stay in the motel room for a while to rest. She will want to stay with me. :mickey:

NotaGeek
08-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Do you think if I call the Grand CA, someone there will know more details, and give me some ideas about the area of the motel where the signing will be, and where they will be lining people up? I plan on going early no matter what! I just don't want my mom to stand outside that whole time - especially if it's hot! And I am not sure she will stay in the motel room for a while to rest. She will want to stay with me. :mickey:
I am sure someone there will know. The number for the Grand California Hotel is 714-635-2300. There is a lobby in the hotel with lots of seating if you camp out early. The hotel has a huge meeting facility so I have a feeling that's where the function will take place. Be sure and report back to help any other INTERCOT folk that might venture out to meet Mary Poppins. :penguin:

willowpondarabians
08-05-2009, 10:28 AM
I did call the Grand Californian and didn't get a lot more information than what is already on this post. Linda, a very nice CM tried to answer all my questions. She read that the only things that will be allowed to be signed are the prints that are being sold at the event. She didn't know of any pre-orders of the prints, but the book Julie is coming out with is being sold by pre-order August 12th. Those pre-orders will be signed by Julie and sent out in October. There is only 1 signature allowed per person, so if I want myself and mom to get a signature, I will have to buy 2 prints. I also asked about the place of line-up and times that will start. She didn't know but said to call a week before, and hopefully they will have that information then. I am hoping to go to Disneyland's early opening on that Saturday for an hour or so, then head over to get in line. But will make that decision when the time gets closer. I do plan on checking with someone at the GC when I arrive to see if I can find out some information in person. Maybe sweet talk them into giving me some hints to help with the wait time. What I forgot to ask is if photos will be allowed to be taken during the event. I am taking my camera just in case! If or when I hear any more, I will be sure to post it to pass the information on to you all. :thumbsup:

MegaDisney
08-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks for posting all this info! :thumbsup:

Sure wish I could go!

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
08-06-2009, 02:37 PM
I could go, but wish I had the $.

:(

mickeys_princess_mom
08-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Yes, thanks for posting this! She's the person I would most like to meet in this world! Wish I could pull it off! I will definitely look for her book when it comes out!

willowpondarabians
08-10-2009, 11:43 AM
The book will be available for pre-order starting Wednesday, August 12th. It will be hand signed by Julie and the cost is $24.99 plus tax but that includes shipping. The books will be shipped out on October 6, 2009. Now, my problem is I don't know who to call to pre-order the book. If anyone knows that, please share the information! Thanks!

willowpondarabians
08-12-2009, 11:41 AM
As we already know, Julie will be at Disneyland August 29th signing prints for the 45th anniversary of Mary Poppins. She is also there to promote her new book "Julie Andrews - Collection of Poems, Songs, and Lullabies". Starting today, you can pre-order a copy of the book, which will be signed by Julie and mailed on November 4, 2009. Ths costs is $24.99 plus tax but shipping is free. How I found the place to order was google "art of disney parks" and look for the calendar where it shows the date Julie will be signing. Click on that and scroll down past the prints to the section that shows her book. Right below the information about it is the link to ordering the book. I have mine reserved now, and can't wait until November to get it. :penguin:

NotaGeek
08-12-2009, 04:41 PM
As we already know, Julie will be at Disneyland August 29th signing prints for the 45th anniversary of Mary Poppins. She is also there to promote her new book "Julie Andrews - Collection of Poems, Songs, and Lullabies". Starting today, you can pre-order a copy of the book, which will be signed by Julie and mailed on November 4, 2009. Ths costs is $24.99 plus tax but shipping is free. How I found the place to order was google "art of disney parks" and look for the calendar where it shows the date Julie will be signing. Click on that and scroll down past the prints to the section that shows her book. Right below the information about it is the link to ordering the book. I have mine reserved now, and can't wait until November to get it. :penguin:

The link is in the very 1st post of this thread ... :thumbsup: