PDA

View Full Version : August 22nd

Mickey'sGirl
08-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Aside from the free dining promotion, and the room discounts that have been announced for the end of August, anyone know of any other reason for lack of VALUE accommodation on August 22nd?

I've been trying to get a room at one of the Values for this night, as we'll be arriving at WDW a day ahead of schedule. There seem to be no rooms to be had. Are the rooms really all gone, or does Disney limit capacity at different resorts at certain times? It just seemed odd...and I wasn't willing to spend $130 for a Moderate room, for a late night check in and early morning departure.

offwego
08-04-2009, 10:42 AM
It's just a thought, but is it possible that it's due to a number of folks checking out Sunday morning? or perhaps that many others check in Saturday? Wondering if it's just because of the crossover between folks leaving and coming perhaps? Or if they may have limited the number of rooms they are offering due to any renovations or repair work perhaps?

redleg96
08-04-2009, 01:49 PM
I was told that there are a specific number of room set aside for each promotion by the Disney booking agent I dealt with. I had just assumed it was available to anyone that booked a vacation, but she informed me that there is limited availability on all promotions. She had to put me on hold for 10 minutes to verify that there was still rooms available at the Poly for the free dining promotion on the dates that we wanted. Your inablility to get a room on Aug 22nd could be due to all the promotional rooms being reserved for that day, even though the days after were available for your current reservation. The Disney agent wasn't very forthcoming on the details of the promotion until I asked why I was on hold for so long. Hope that helps.:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
08-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Yep, with all the promotions going on, the value rooms are the first to go (which is why you can usually still find deluxe rooms even when the values are sold out). Sorry for your disappointment.

MichaelMouse
08-04-2009, 11:51 PM
If you can, just walk in to the front desk check in and ask for availability when your down there.

I did that two years in a row and Wa-La, got a room. When we called, they claimed nothing was available.....Go Figure. There's plenty of rooms available, if not at one, the other.

It's a gamble to wait unknowingly, but my guess is you'll be fine..........

Reservations has a portion of rooms. But the front desk needs to be ready for walk in's (florida residents, etc.)

Good luck

Mickey'sGirl
08-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks for all of your comments/ideas. I guess my persistence paid off ... and I was able to secure a preferred room at Pop for that night.

Disney was terrific about it all . They had made a reservation at one of the Good Neighbour Hotels, but cancelled it for me when they made the Pop ressie. Fantastic!:thumbsup:

vws_and_disney
08-06-2009, 05:24 PM
glad everything worked out for you. The in-laws had the same problem and they worked it out for them also. Enjoy your trip