PDA

View Full Version : moderate resorts

cfoshe
08-02-2009, 12:10 PM
My family is trying to deside which moderate resort to choose for next years trip. We have stated at both Port Orleans and thinking CSR, but wanting to see what fellow intercotees like of the four.

kakn7294
08-02-2009, 01:36 PM
We've stayed at POFQ, CBR, and CSR. My favorite is POFQ.

Wrigley
08-02-2009, 01:56 PM
We have stayed at CBR several times, CSR, and Port Orleans Riverside (when it was Dixie Landings). We very much prefer CBR! We just love all of the colorful "islands" and the relaxed tropical feeling of the resort. We also enjoy all of the pools-each "island" has it's own quiet pool and then there is the main pool. The food court has great choices-something for everyone. I think that you will love CBR-I know we do:)

PiratesCove
08-02-2009, 02:29 PM
No question!

POFQ!

We have ressies again for POFQ in November...can't wait! If you want to be close to the food court/main building and bus stop...request building 4! :thumbsup:

KatMark
08-02-2009, 02:42 PM
We've stayed at athe CSR seven times and are making a mini 8th trip next month. We absolutely love everything about it and have wonderful stays--great CM's -- who have gone above and beyond numerous times, great mousekeeping, beautiful resort, etc.

We've never stayed at any of the others. DH and I would consider POFQ if CSR was not available. Oldest DS was at CBR last month and, although he said they had a nice stay, he much prefers CSR.

RedSoxFan
08-02-2009, 03:32 PM
I picked POFQ because of the size. I love CBR; but I love the size of POFQ. But I would consider CSR because of the queen size beds for our next trip.

RAIDER
08-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Well i have only been to the CBR and on all the occassions we loved it so much we knew couldnt go to another .We did however look at the others and we nearly did stray off to the CR last year . The other 2 never really appealed to us

What we love about the CBR is the relaxing atomsphere and the beautiful tranquil settings. The food market has a great variety and the private pools are of a good size .

Its a big complex and i think the only downside is if you didnt have a car and you got a room far away from the food area then this would be a downer :thumbsup:

KayDee
08-03-2009, 11:55 AM
I definatly understand wanting to stay at all four however I love POR thet much that I had to vote for it. However if I had to choose between the others I would choose CSR.

2Epcot
08-03-2009, 11:58 AM
I've stayed at all of these, except for Port Orleans Riverside, though I did visit it while staying on the French Quarter side. I love POFQ, the rooms, the resort. That would always be my first choice for moderates.

buzz2001
08-03-2009, 12:06 PM
CSR would be my choice of mods.

buzznwoodysmom
08-03-2009, 12:18 PM
We have only stayed at CBR and CSR and really, really liked both of them, but CSR is the one I liked best. My kids will disagree with me, they loved CBR because of the pirate rooms and the pirate themed pool. I am from Louisiana and have always said that neither of the Port Orleans resorts appeal to us (if we want to stay in New Orleans, we can just visit the real New Orleans), however on our last WDW vacation we took the boat from DTD to Port Orleans French Quarter to catch a bus to Epcot, and I have to say it was a really nice resort. Since back I've looked at tons of pictures on line and I think the next time we are looking to stay at a moderate resort we are going to try French Quarter. My kids thought the pool their looked so cool. Have fun making your decision!

Seasonscraps
08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I definatly understand wanting to stay at all four however I love POR thet much that I had to vote for it. However if I had to choose between the others I would choose CSR.

Same here. They are all nice but POR is by far my favorite moderate resort. :mickey:

johnO
08-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Never stayed at any of them.

castlelady36
08-03-2009, 01:33 PM
I have not stayed at CBR or POR but am a big fan of POFQ. Small and quiet..charming...1 bus stop...great CM's...nice pool with fun slide for kids...boat to DTD which is a nice change from the bus..theming.

mom2morgan
08-03-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm not really qualified to judge since I've only stayed at POR, which we loved. We did walk around POFQ and I wasn't impressed - it felt cramped and crowded and the theming way too "frenetic" with that mardi gras colour and design. The clowns or Harlequins or whatever you call them in the food court would make me lose my appetite! By contrast I love the elegant "southern charm" feel of Riverside. There IS a bit more walking, but I loved the grounds. we're staying at CBR next trip, so I'll be 3/4 of the way to an educated opinion ;-)

GoofyforFun
08-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Its all in what feeling to feel like this week.
A Caribbean resort - New Orleans, Etc..
For me its WDW not the resorts,, as long as the food is good and i got a bed OK.. For DW the resort also makes you feel your somewhere else.
And sometime the feelings of the tropics is relaxing. and so on.

mamasun
08-03-2009, 07:45 PM
POFQ!!!!! Have also stayed at CBR b/f kids and thought it was nice, but very spread out. If you don't mind walking a ways to get to everything. Chose POFQ for our past trip due to suggestions here on intercot. So glad I did! Staying there again in Oct. We stayed BLDG 4 and loved its close proximity to everything! Boat ride to DTD is great and relaxing!

Mickey052501
08-03-2009, 09:06 PM
The theme and the food were great!!!

Jen:mickey:

Tinkerbella16
08-04-2009, 04:40 PM
POFQ was amazing when we stayed last november!! No matter where your room is, you are close to everything, pool, foodcourt, DTD Boat dock!

I love this resort and its hard for me not to stay there this year.

caryrae
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM
We haven't stayed at any Mod but that will change next month (staying at CSR and POFQ) but to me they all seem like fun places to stay since they are each different from one another.

Mousemates
08-04-2009, 11:40 PM
our order would be

POFQ
CSR
CBR

no vote on POR because we haven't stayed there yet (thou we will for three nights in late dec). the only caveat to our vote would be if you had included the cabins at FW in your moderate listing...if you had they would have been an easy #1 for us.