PDA

View Full Version : Florida in July---We Must be Nuts Report

Snow's Mom
08-01-2009, 10:34 PM
We spent a week at WDW and returned three days ago to 70 degree weather. Wow!

This was our first visit to the Swan Hotel and we stayed for 7 nights at less than the normal price of a Moderate. They upgraded us to a balcony room, though the balcony was tiny and had a less-than-desirable view. Still nice! We appreciated the extra vanity/sink and refrigerator, and of course, the heavenly beds. But the best part was using the boats to go to Epcot and DS. We had six "park days" and opted to repeat our days at EP and DS, mostly because it was so convenient and pleasant.:cloud9:

The Grotto Pool was fantastic. My DD and I went to the pool fairly early one morning and had it all to ourselves---which is something, since it is really about 5 pools! :cool: She absolutely loved the pool and even made a new friend.

We never waited more than 15 minutes for a ride, though we did skip Norway because of the wait. FP's did the trick. Most of the less popular rides were walk-ons. I found this amazing, :thumbsup: since there seemed to be people everywhere. My husband kept teasing me because I was so worried about things being crowded and they just weren't.

One exception---Fantasmic. We went to DS the last evening of our trip, but missed the first showing. It was standing-room-only an hour before the show was supposed to start. We went a half-hour before the second show and were there in plenty of time, though the stadium did fill up. It was a nice way to end our trip.

We celebrated my 50th birthday and our 27th anniversary. :party: I got a little birthday cake from the Liberty Tree Tavern and two plates of special desserts from Boma's. We also took DD (10) to a character breakfast, though she was more interested in the bacon than having her picture taken with Donald. Not that she doesn't like Donald, she just loves bacon.

It was a magical trip. Things just could not have gone much better. Quicksilver gave us great service, even upgrading us to a black Escalade on the way back to the airport. The grocery stop was great, too, though I thought I would feel really stupid carrying bags of groceries into the Swan. The bellman took care of everything. (Putting milk in the trunk on a 90 degree day was not a good move, however.):blush:

Not having to cook or make beds for a week was awesome! We had wonderful meals, even on a budget. Lots of variety, too. I was a little disappointed in the shopping---it seemed like all the stores carried the same things. Made it hard for me to find gifts. Still managed to blow my birthday fun card and my Disney Rewards, no problem. And DD had a blast collecting and trading pins. Her WS passport was also a lot of fun.

Best part---I found out I'm not too old to go to WDW! Maybe there's another trip in my future!!!:mickey:

tmosier
08-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time....and especially glad to hear you liked the Swan. We're trying the Swan when we go to Disney after Thanksgiving.

T-Belle
08-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Best part---I found out I'm not too old to go to WDW! Maybe there's another trip in my future!!!:mickey:

So true-so true!! I think we all become 10 years old as soon as we step foot on property!!!

TikiGoddess
08-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for reporting!

Kathy

vizsla
08-03-2009, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the report.

RedSoxFan
08-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Sounds like you had a nice time at WDW.:mickey:

yjgirl32
08-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Great report. Glad to hear you had a great time.

the other micki
08-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Taking the boat to EP and DS (my 2 fave parks) sounds heavenly :cloud9: I can also share your DD's enthusiasm for bacon (espcially if there's also grits to be had!) Glad you had such a wonderful July trip!

Ropachs
08-03-2009, 01:55 PM
I love to read when someone's had a great trip, happy to hear you did! (and our family can't get enough bacon either:blush:)

faline
08-03-2009, 02:13 PM
One is never to old to go to Disney World! Glad to hear you had such a great trip!

BluewaterBrad
08-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Glad you had a great trip!! happy birthday!:mickey:

BluegrassDaisy
08-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Snow's Mom - I am also celebrating my 50th B'day this year, my 27th wedding anniversery and I have a DD who is 10 (as well as one who's 22!); Congrats on all your big events and a fun trip. I'll be at BCV in October on a 'Girls Only' trip and can't wait :mickey:

DizNee143
08-04-2009, 10:33 AM
of course your not to old for disney! no one is ever to old to go there!
sounds like you and your family had a very wonderful time there..thanx for sharing it with us! :mickey:

Snow's Mom
08-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Snow's Mom - I am also celebrating my 50th B'day this year, my 27th wedding anniversery and I have a DD who is 10 (as well as one who's 22!); Congrats on all your big events and a fun trip. I'll be at BCV in October on a 'Girls Only' trip and can't wait :mickey:

BluegrassDaisy, I can't match you on the 22-year-old daughter---mine's only 21!

Christine
08-06-2009, 08:40 AM
So glad you had a nice trip!!

princessgirls
08-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Great report! Glad you and your family enjoyed such a nice week in Disney.

Julie:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-07-2009, 11:59 PM
No one is ever too old to go to Disney. I love the Swan & Dolphin too. It's a great location.

pdrlkr
08-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: