PDA

View Full Version : Another Upgrade Question

Tink's Mom
08-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Do they ever upgrade you from a Cat 4 to a Cat 3? And just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the difference in price is?

Ed
08-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Anything's possible, but the suites (Cat 1, 2 and 3) tend to get booked far in advance. If such an upgrade did come along, it would likely be pretty expensive because you'd be moving into concierge-level accommodations. The actual dollar amount would vary depending on the dates, the length of the cruise, and the itinerary.

TammiMcMan
08-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Let's just say it's not usually a complimentary upgrade, although I know it's happened once or twice.

To upgrade on your own prior to sailing will be quite expensive, especially if you are close to your sail date. You can always try to upgrade at the port, which would be significantly less. There are a lot of factors though, regarding cruise length, # of guests and how many categories you'd be moving up. The thing with port upgrades, is that there obviously has to be availability and you need to arrive as soon as the port opens (10:00am). After checking in, go down to the supervisors desk (far right end) and see what they have.

As an example for your 7 night cruise, it would probably run you around $8000 (family of 4) to upgrade now. If you wait and try it at the port, you might be looking at $3500.

We've sailed in cat 3 twice now, and yeah, they are pretty amazing (especially the mid-ship designs).

Tink's Mom
08-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks so much for the info. Wow! That is a pretty big jump in price. I think we will stay in our Cat 4 room. Looks like we are midship with a Cat 3 in the room right next door to us. Maybe I could tunnel through the wall! :D