PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Rewards Question

momofdisneyprincess
08-01-2009, 12:00 PM
So, I have had the Disney Visa Rewards for years but have definitely not taken full advantage of it. It just dawned on me last night that if I use it to pay off my mortgage every month I would get $19 in rewards credit. The catch is, my mortgage is also with Chase. Does anyone know if this can be done? If so, how? Are there any other tips people can provide to rack up those rewards points? THanks in advance.

jonsmom
08-01-2009, 12:13 PM
I'll bet its a beautiful day on the Cape today.

I don't see why you couldnt do it, unless Chase charges you a monthly fee for using your card.

I would call them and ask.

Joanne

VWL Mom
08-01-2009, 12:43 PM
I use mine for my Verizon Bill which is cable/internet/phone/wireless. They do not charge a handling fee as some others do.

In addition to groceries & gas, I also use it for smaller monthly bills such as YMCA membership, newspaper delivery, alarm company, etc.

As long as you keep tabs on your spending and pay off each month, and are not charged a fee, it works. I tend to go in once a week, check my bill, and make a payment.

jerrywilborn
08-01-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't believe they will let you pay your mortgage with a credit card. The exception being with a cash advance, but the fees on that would eat up any benefit.

TheRustyScupper
08-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't believe they will let you pay your mortgage with a credit card. The exception being with a cash advance, but the fees on that would eat up any benefit.

1) No rewards points on cash advances.
2) Most mortgages won't let you do credit cards.
3) Since there is a transaction fee, their interest is reduced.

magicofdisney
08-01-2009, 02:23 PM
I had the same thought a couple of years ago. I was so excited thinking about the reward dollars I was going to rack up using my CC. Unfortunately, my mortgage company doesn't allow payment via CC.

Marilyn Michetti
08-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Same here. We can't pay utilities or bank held loans. So, my mortgage, and car don't count.:(

Kathy Jetson
08-01-2009, 07:42 PM
I use mine to pay electric, cable, water, sprint cell phones, and everything else but mortgage and home phone verizon charges us over $3.00 to charge bill so its not worth it.

Snow's Mom
08-01-2009, 09:55 PM
If only I could use my Visa Card to pay my daughter's college costs! Unfortunately, her school does not take credit cards.

CAS
08-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Unfortunately just about any loan you can't pay with a credit card (mortgage, car, heck even my old car insurance company wouldn't take cards). I guess if I were the bank, I would prefer not to allow customers to pay off their loans with money they don't have. Makes sense, but like many other rules for those of us who pay our bills it stinks.