PDA

View Full Version : help with suggestions for birthday dinner

luvDaMouse
08-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Looking for a fun place for my daughters 18th birthday. We have MNSSHP tickets for 10/31 so I was thinking making an ADR for About 5pm someplace in or close to MK so we can shoot right to the party after dinner. I dont want a "fancy" dinner. I was thinking about Chef Mickeys? do they do anything special for birthdays? Will they "confetti" a table for a birthday? Any suggestions would be great as I want it to be a special fun time!:mickey:
Thanks,
Dana
:mickey: 88 days to go!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-01-2009, 11:12 AM
We went to 1900 Park Fare for DD's birthday last May.

The food was really good, and the Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine were just a hoot.

We arranged to have a present delivered to the table during the meal, and it was spectacular.

From the GF, it is a super-short trip to MK.

TheRustyScupper
08-01-2009, 12:49 PM
do they do anything special for birthdays?
. . . they ask for birthdays
. . . they wave napkins for a "group" birthday wish
. . . give a cupcake with a candle
. . . an autographed placemat of the characters (sometimes)

Will they "confetti" a table for a birthday?
. . . no

Any suggestions would be great as I want it to be a special fun time
. . . buy a birthday cake and have it delivered

NOTE: If you want something special, the best thing to do is to order it and pay for it. Anything out-of-the-norm is at the discretion of the CM (and they have a lot of discretion, but need enthusiasm). There are hundreds, and maybe thousands, of "special" occasions at WDW every day. There is just not the time or effort available to do unique things for every guest.

wdwfansince75
08-01-2009, 01:42 PM
We did DDiL #2's birthday at 1900 Park Faire....Ordered a cake (it was wonderful)....DS#2 asked Prince Charming to deliver her present. First, PC presented DDiL#2 and DGD's #2 & 3 with tiaras....and posed with each of them.....the other characters also made special note of the occasion....It was one of three birthdays we celebrated for the group (including mine), and by far the best.