PDA

View Full Version : Where are the cartoons?

disneycutie165
08-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Our last trip to WDW was August 2008. Our trip before that was in October 2005. We noticed a small detail that had changed. The traditional old Mickey cartoons were not to be found at the WL! Every night I used to fall asleep watching those cartoons all night, but this time we had to settle for the Disney info channel, which flashed the same ol' stuff every 5 minutes! I have one major question, just needing 2 be answered. Where did those old Mickey cartoons go in the resorts!? I loved falling asleep to those cartoons and coming back from a hot day at the parks to plop down on the bed and watch those old cartoons! can someone please tell me where they went and why they disappeared?!:(

magicofdisney
08-01-2009, 09:32 AM
I feel your pain. Anymore, I think it's the luck of the draw. We've always watched them on channel 96 but I was given a tip to check other channels in the 90s. I did that last time when channel 96 was "unavailable" on our room TV but got NADA.

Just like you I love to come back after a full day in the parks and fall asleep watching these great cartoons.

MickeyMousse
08-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Last time we were there (this past Feb) we found the old, classic cartoons on the last channel you could click on....96 maybe??

I hope they haven't taken them away - we all loved falling asleep to them after a long day in the parks! :cloud9:

Disney Doll
08-02-2009, 04:51 PM
We miss the cartoons too! It gave the kids something to do in the mornings while we got ready and it was fun seeing the old favorites I hadn't seen in years. Our neices absolutely loved those cartoons when we took them a few years back.

ransam
08-02-2009, 05:37 PM
i hope they never disappear...
that wouldn't be disney w/o the classic cartoons

goofygirl67
08-02-2009, 07:17 PM
I was there in May and could not find them at AKL. I did try all the 90's. I hope they come back.

florida girl
08-03-2009, 08:19 AM
we have not been able to find them recently either! big bummer b/c they were great to watch as you got ready for the park in the morning. you can only take so much of the park channel's!

Gusgus
08-03-2009, 08:18 PM
At the beach club last year the room had a DVD player in it. My son always buys some "Old cartoons" on DVD and we watched them since they were no longer on channel 96.

Gusgus

FutureCorpsFan
08-04-2009, 07:53 AM
We stayed at the beach club for 2 weeks in Sept/Oct of 2008 and the cartoons were on the TV. It was the last channel through. My son loves them! Going back this September and I hope they are there. If not, I wonder what's on the TVs in the lobby areas.

magicofdisney
08-04-2009, 08:08 AM
I've noticed that sometimes they play the Disney channel in the lobby. I wonder when the Disney channel is playing in the lobby if that is an indicator that 96 is down for the day, week, month etc.?

Bellerella
08-09-2009, 10:22 PM
We noticed that on our most recent trip (May '09) too- we were at AKL, and couldn't find the cartoons either. It was very disapointing!

SorcererJim
08-09-2009, 11:50 PM
We were just in the world last week and the cartoons were playing at the Poly... I don't recall which channel they were on, but the "old" cartoons were playing... Steamboat willie and all! :)

disneykidsince1970
08-10-2009, 07:45 AM
We were at the Cabins at FW in May. We def had the cartoons - funny how our little ones (4,2) loved 'em! - evn the black and whties...but the fave was the Chip N Dale / Donald Duck episode with the peanuts!

mouseneer
08-13-2009, 02:38 AM
i hope they never disappear...
that wouldn't be disney w/o the classic cartoons

Ditto !! That's what the whole empire was founded on, not High School Musical or Hannah Montana !